I've become obsessed with my heart rate and have decided that I need to quit smoking

I've become obsessed with my heart rate and have decided that I need to quit smoking.
Any tips?

Yeah, stop doing it.

It might be that easy for you but I have an extreme addictive personality.

get addicted to no smoking

Touche.

just don't do it, stupid

lel

you have to actually want to quit, as in you never want another cigarette ever again. anything short of that youll either fail or torture yourself because you want one but youre forcing yourself not to have it

Stop the smoking... also read Oxygen Advantage for heart gains.

Quit cold turkey and no nicotine patches.

It will suck shit but you will overcome it eventually.

well...as a 33 year old I would give you this advice: If you want to live long and be somewhat healthy, you got to man up yourself and put down the tobaco. Try eating something when you feel the need of a smoke.

This guy gets it.

My heart rate is 59 bpm and my bp is 75/60, I don't Veeky Forums enough so i don't know how healthy this is, how do i lower both numbers?

A rope will decrease your heart rate a lot

We can't possibly say without knowing your weight and height.

Example, blood pressure is strongly dependant on height. At 6'5", my blood pressure is 160/90, but not even considered high.

Same with heart rate, usually resting heart rate gets higher the taller you are, but is also obviously dependant on cardiovascular health.

It's been exactly two months since I have quit after smoking for 15 years (half of my life). Here's my advice; choose a quit day in advance, and plan it during a 3-5 day period that you will be free of obligations. Stay at home during this initial period. If you feel like you can tolerate being on the outside on day two, go ahead, but keep your time outside brief and purposeful. I chose to do a lemon juice fast during this period as well, with two cups of bulletproof coffee a day. I think because I anticipated my quit day for a couple of months it happened more easily than I thought it would. Don't cut down (you will go back to smoking just as much, if not more) or use quit smoking aids, just dive in cold turkey user. Don't let the nicotine Jew get the best of you.

Stop smoking for like 2 days and just sniff your unwashed clothes dude. I dare you not to vomit. If the fact that you reek like that doesn't make you quit I don't know what will.

Inhale cigarette smoke and then immediately lick dog shit
You will either hate cigarette smoke or love dog shit
Roll the dice bro

Cold turkey. Tylenol and benadryl help with withdrawals, especially when you want to go to sleep. Only the first 3 days are hard, after that it's mostly psychological. After 2 weeks it gets significantly easier.

been smoking for a few years and ive only ever smoked reds. since theyre pretty strong usually one will be more than enough and chainsmoking them will fuck you up so maybe try that? start smoking stronger cigs and gradually start smoking less and less of them

This
You are over thinking this, just stop. If you can't do this break it up into smaller parts. If you want to smoke just tell yourself that you are not going to for one hour, and then just keep doing that.