Is there any reason to do barbell rows over cable rows? Cable rows just feel so much better to me

Is there any reason to do barbell rows over cable rows? Cable rows just feel so much better to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/barbell-row/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

becoming a man

How do I git gud at barbell rows? I have a hard time standing completely horizontal.

BB Rows suck dicc

>standing completely horizontal
Unless you're really flexible and have god tier lower back support that's only for Pendlays (weight resting on floor).
Get to a more comfortable angle but don't cheat.

no, none at all

there is nothing essential about barbell rows, if they feel like shit to you do something else

try db rows or chest supported rows those are nice

I stand in a 20-30°-ish angle, and feel no back pain or anything, so I should just carry on?

a semi related question
i FUCKING HATE BARBELL ROWS, that said are t bar rows enough i cant stand doing any other form it just fucking sucks id rather do 10 sets of deadlifts that 5 sets of conventional barbell rows

good for helping out your pulling stuff if you're doing strength training, and probably one of the best compounds for adding thickness to your back. Some people gain width from certain grips, but it may be easier to just do some sort of pullup/pulldown variation if you're doing BB.

cable rows are not grounded. Very easy to stabilize and helps to isolate the back where you can focus on angles and hand positions.

bent over BB rows are more of a power movement helping to tie the kinetic chain to the ground. That's where true, stable strength comes from.

If you cant bend over properly, that means you need to work on hip flexibility. If your lower back hurts, that means your core is shit and you need to work on that first before you become even more uneven in your growth.

Should I lead my elbows towards my body or keep it parallel to the bar on the up swing?

I found after I did the table stretch/position for awhile my row got better

Here is the stronglifts guide for them: stronglifts.com/barbell-row/

tl;dr yes, you should definitely do them. A back workout without them is dyel-tier

+1

You get to use more weight and you get to train on explosivity.

Doing pendlay rows also allow you to do exactly the opposite of what you do when you bench press wich will help with injury prevention.

its not my lower back that stops me its my hamstrings

Chest supported rows are far superior. Better ROM, better isolating hitting the lats, and can lift heavier without having a breakdown in form

So SL says do them from the floor but the program both says I need to start lower than 1pl8 and that lower than 1pl8 cant do the exercise properly. What the fuck am I supposed to do?

use your fucking brain for one second

niggas can say whatever the fuck they want, but lat pull downs with a V handle, and lat push downs are the best fucking exercises for the lats

I can try just doing a plate to do the row right but Im only at that for deadlift anyways. Ive been doing normal bent over rows for now. Im new to this nigger throw me a bone

im not your nigger, boy

You can use plates to raise the starting position of the bar. However, if you have been training for any decent amount of time, progressing to 1pl8 with proper form should take no time at all.

Dumbbell rows forever. Do those and pullups till you build strength to do a plate on rows. Dls will help. But never stop doing dumbbell rows

You are boy nigger the nigger boy, do I prop up the bar with something? I didnt see anything for that at the gym yesterday but it cant hurt to check again

Ah that makes sense ill give those a try.
Just started but I do feel like progress has been rapid.

>linking stronglifts
>expecting your opinion to matter
lmao

Checked and agreed. Anything above 2.5pl8 made the grip give out so I got some figure 8 straps and can row 3.5pl8 and my back is thicc. Made my forearms girthy as fuck too.

>Not doing Dorian Diddlies