Why isn't my back progressing Veeky Forums I've made it to 1/2/3/3 so far but can't seem to deadlift more than i squat...

why isn't my back progressing Veeky Forums I've made it to 1/2/3/3 so far but can't seem to deadlift more than i squat. do i need more volume?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xGsbwVeTtfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Similar to you. I'm at 120KG squat for 5 but deadlift 125 for a grinding 5. I have t rex arms and a long torso.

If you can't deadlift more than you squat check your form.

do sumo like all the other GDE's, also just get stronger in general

>GDE
wut

deadlift's not a back exercise

fix your form, increase volume

do you get "stuck" on the deadlift somewhere or what, why can't you lift it?

A C C E S S O R I E S

what accesories should i do?

i miss my deadlifts at the bottom, my form is fine i think, i go to an oly gym and the trainers think it's fine. maybe i should try defficit pulls

how much do you weigh?

about 185

Depends on where your weak points in the lift are. Are you unable to bring the bar to the knees with good form? Unable to keep ahold of the bar?

How much can you barbell row?
youtu.be/xGsbwVeTtfk

i usually get it up only a few inches when i fail, i guess i should do defficits then

are you pushing off the ground with your legs first?
if you can squat three plates, but are fucking up off the floor it seems to me that you're pulling off the floor with your back instead of pushing of the floor with your quad and then locking out with your back.

i think so, my back doesn't start pulling until the bar is about at my knees. it could be that i always deadlift last, but even when i deadlift first i only get half a plate extra.

my pl coach had me do front squats to up my "off the floor."

did 4x8 FS every leg day, increasing 5lb every day until I couldn't do 8, then staying at that until I could, rinse, repeat.

Went from 435 to 455 in like, two weeks at 160lb bw. Not super elite status but I was happy.

So you can squat 3pl8 and dead 3.5pl8? Thats right where you should be. 1/2/3/4 is disproportional. Your dead should probably be about 50lbs heavier than your squat

Either your squat form sucks and you're not actually at 3 plates below parallel or your deads suck.

Enough people have said it already, just check your form and re-work it from the ground up while doing mobility drills and training weak links.

thanks, but i do squat bellow parallel, i think probably nailed my problem, but yeah, im going to rework my deadlift.
i started doing zerchers recently but will definetly start front squatting

There’s nothing wrong with having a squat be equal to your deadlift, even if it is a relatively low weight. It might just mean your squat caught up with your deadlift earlier than usual. From an anatomical and biomechanical perspective, deadlifts really should not be much heavier than squats. Novices just tend to suck at squatting.

depends how you do it tho

>says 3/3.5 is disproportionate
>says nothing about the fucking 1pl8 OHP
you're an idiot
135 OHP is fucking light
correct ratio should be more like 1.5/2/3/4

i think it's from the faft that most people don't focus on shoulders

so because ppl neglect shoulders,
they put it at 1pl8? why not put the squats at 1-2pl8, since alot of ppl ignore legs?
maybe the best ratio is 1/1/1/1, fuck lifting

no it's because "muh big three"

>doing sets of 175x5 military and 225x5 bench
in what kinda world is such a low bench considered "proportionate"?

we don't know what you are currently doing, your height/weight/estimated bf%, or anything else, so it is hard to tell what is wrong.

if you are doing a well-rounded program and are not underweight, chances are you have bad leverages for deadlift. if you are actually 90kg or more bodyweight, chances are you still need to properly transition to an intermediate program.

when i was a noob, at 70kg i had 1/2/3/3. i have small hands, so deadlifting was hard. with strapped, i could pull 4 instead of 3.

as i cured my fuckarounditis and adopting better programming, however, grip started becoming way less of an issue.

better than 135 and 225

idk i was never good presser. but i think 135/225 is where most people will end up if they press and bench at 1:2 ratio. (which makes sense if you pay attention to that pectorals are bigger than delts. rippetoe would disagree tho, cus muh kinetic chain.)

How is your weekly volume and frequency?

I said 3/3.5 is normal.
Of course 1pl8 ohp is too light but OP wasnt asking about it

Low-key that's about my strict press and bench right now....

thats a nice press. do you press more often than you bench? my press is pretty shit, so let me know.