Is it bad for me if my entire workout regimen consists of going for long...

Is it bad for me if my entire workout regimen consists of going for long, 10-12 mile walks while listening to audiobooks?

I am a [spoiler]girl[/spoiler] with no personal interest in building strength or being a cardio athlete, just trying to lose weight through dieting and exercise. I hate jogging because i cant focus on my books. When i get to my goal weight i was planning on continuing to walk and read audiobooks just for general exercise.

Are there any downsides to this?

Not really. Lifting will help, but it's not necessary. The more muscle you build, the more calories you burn resting. But if you're watching diet and watching calories in/out you should be fine

Its always good to be active but for losing w8 it’s not the best. Walking doesn’t burn very many calories. At least your off your ass but if you wanna lose weight fast I would recommend long jogs

weight lifting will do a lot more than walking if aesthetics are a concern for you. Walking regularly is better than no exercise at all though

My problem with jogging is that once im sweating and ny hearts pumping, i just cant focus on a book, and the satisfaction of reading outweighs the satisfaction of exercise for me, i suppose. Obv im burning less calories per mile, but i try to overcome this by making the walks extra long. I do about 10-12 miles and sometimes more, and walking around really gets me into the books that i want to read. I got through half of hegels philosophy of history over the past week

As long as you walk a little briskly it's fine. And it's better for your joints than jogging.

Maybe on your joints, a little
As long as you burn more than you take in, you'll lose weight

Well if you want to lose weight, the most important thing is to eat less. If you care about how you look, then lift and use a barbell. Squats are really good for building a body for women. Plus you can still listen to audiobooks in the gym, I do it sometimes.

If Fuck Yourself is 10-12 miles away, then by all means, Go.

How much do you weigh? From my cardio experience a 5min/km burns 90-100 kcal. An 11min/km (walking) burns 60kcal.
It takes twice as long to burn half the calories.

I know you have a pussy but stop being one. Noone cares about your excuses as to why you can't jog, especially not your body. If you want to lose the weight then the only thing you can do is eat less and work out whether you want to or not.

Run for 15 minutes at least then walk the rest, getting your heart rate up is pretty important and that won't happen walking.

Jogging burns more calories but is tougher on the joints. LISS is fine, any exercise is better than no exercise.

Lifting weights is recommended though, it will burn extra calories to speed up weight loss, and when you lose the weight you won't be skinny fat. You will have some toned musculature under the blubber.

Depends on your heart rate. You're supposed to be at least over warm up if you want it to actually count.

I hate you because you're female, I mean I REALLY really hate you and it is exclusively because you're female. However, I went on a kick 2 years ago of trying to walk more steps every day than the day before. It was a huge waste of time but I lost weight and felt better. So if you can fill the time with something you enjoy, it could be great for you. I wish you all the best. Fuck you though. Cunt.

I'm right there with you OP, I just want to lose some weight and get a base physique. I walk around 10-15 km a day, do some basic cardio and calisthenics. When I lose weight I'm going to start with some light jogging but right now it hurts my knees.

Guys are shallow and although you might be interesting to talk to because of your enthusiasm for literature no guy is going to waste their time trying to get some obese pussy. So if you can't be bothered running just get used to being fat a lonely. No one cares if you can't concentrate on your book, if you can't make that sacrifice, stay losing fatty.

There are plenty of guys who bang fatties. I myself won't deny having made some poor judgement calls under the influence.

>satisfaction of reading
>audio books

Does not improving count as a downside?

I'll never understand people who "just want to weight less" but not be stronger or faster, why not download a sprinting app and spend 10 minutes per workout 3 days per week getting faster and improving your heart.

You can spend literally 30 minutes per week getting better at being fit rather than just average.

walk your 10 miles AFTER sprinting so you can still listen to your podcasts

how tf can you understand hegel while doing another activity let alone without being able to reread each incomprehensible 500 word sentence half a dozen times.

No one here has said listen to music

I'm also assuming that it takes you 3 hours to walk 12 miles and burn 1000 calories

You could burn more calories riding a dildo on the wall for an hour than you do on your waste-of-life walks.

I live on the 10th floor of an apartment and I'd burn more calories walking to the lobby and back up than you would on that walk and it would take me less than 5 minutes.

100 body weight squats would burn more calories

You could jump rope for 4 30 second sets with 30 second rests and burn more calories

The downsides

>The effort you're putting in doesn't reflect your goals
You want to lose weight but you wanna do it the easiest way possible.
>You have no interest in growth.
You have zero interest in fitness, You don't want to learn anything new. You want the results of fitness without the commitment
>audio books over cardio effort
If you think that hearing your book is more important that getting your heartrate above 150bpm you're a fucking dummy

Also, jogging is the worst exercise ever. You get all of the joint damage from running, but don't burn as much calories as running and normally do it for way longer.

You would literally be better off sprinting for :30 seconds, resting for 14:30 minutes, and repeat 4 times

She doesn't even understand fitness. by go through she means she presses play and walks around. She thinks that she's losing weight and getting smarter at the same time and she isn't doing either

post bob and vage

Yeah. Bonus points if you have a relatively heavy backpack. Your time could be spent on other things to get the same results quicker, but this is fine too, especially if it's something you enjoy. Ankle weights wouldn't be the worst call either, especially if you're walking 10-12 miles

You're a dumbass, but I'll help you anyways. Since you only give a shit about losing weight and apparently have no time constraints, it doesn't matter that you're not running - calories burned per mile is almost totally independent of speed, although the cardiovascular benefits and joint damage aren't. However, the most important thing is to dissociate from your aversion to being hungry, thereby gaining the ability to stop stuffing your face.

are you literally smoking crack right now?

>Girl who goes on long walks alone listening to Hegel audiobooks
I'll take "people who don't exist" for 1000

I have lost 50kg with walking 10km every week and abandoning added sugar(basically every sugar that doesn't come in fruits).
Try walking with some weight in your backpack.
5kg of anything if you don't have weights, i preferred newspapers anyways because they have low density and don't hit my spine in every step.

The giving up sugars is probably more relevant than the walking.
I'd really not recommend doing cardio with weights, you may burn slightly more calories but the cost is your joints, you could just jog a bit instead

Even if you're a girl you can still be a sick cunt. Lift for aesthetics. Lift for Zyzz.

you can use it as a place to start.
There's literally nothing better you can do to yourself when it comes to fitness, than walking, when you're a 1000% beginner, at least.
It will lift your mood, make you more willing to go and walk again, and it can be super helpful into making you accept a schedule into your free time.
I only started walking 5 years ago as a way to get rid of depression and lose weight as well.
I can't say anything has worked any better than walking.
Especially if you're fat/unfit and you can't lift or run much, walking is the way to go, because it won't let you down. Your feet might hurt the first month, but you'll get used to it after that.
And at the end of the day, walking WILL make you more motivated to even go to the gym.
I was having the same mindset as you do when I started walking, now I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, run, have more energy, and desu, I still go on my long walks because I love them so much.

In my opinion, DO IT. Start doing long walks at least 3 times a week. It's extremely helpful, and even if it's so simple, it will make your mood and body extremely better.

put down the fooking fork pigs