/FAST/ #49 SHILLS GET YE-GONE/OMAD HEROES EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.22065/full
brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/brewing-adjuncts/mineral-salts/d/potassium-chlorid-100-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for /fast/ed self education

Have mad cravings for some bratwurst sausages and brocollo/cauliflower.

But we got gains to get, so the fast continues.

Finally established decent eating habits and I'm considering adding alternate day fasting to the mix. Can I just up and start tomorrow?

Hey guys I went to the doctor and she recommended I do Keto today.

My question is, if I do a Ketogenic diet ( -20 grams of carbs a day ) and also do a 48 hour fast on the weekends will I lose weight like crazy if I'm eating at a -500 calorie deficit Mon-Fri? I need to lose around 10-20kg and I've already lost 7kg in the last month from calorie deficit alone.

Yes that will work. You will lose that weight so quickly

Awesome, btw I followed Veeky Forums back in 2012 when intermittent fasting was just emerging as an accepted thing, what exactly is snake juice and all these weird terms everyone is using like OMAD?

OMAD = One meal a day. You'll eat your caloric needs in a single meal, so that you can have ~23 hours of fast per day.

I started my weight lost journey back in November 2015, i was doing OMAD (one meal a day) most of the time but i was still eating shit tons of carbs, didn't even know what fasting was but i still was able to go from 335 to around 280 during that first year, i'd usually eat junk during the weekends at parties and what not so thats why i didn't lose an astonishing amount of weight even while doing omad 5 days a week (around 1500 cals a day)

Second year i started experimenting with keto and discovered water fasting, i've been practicing it on and off but i normally water fast maybe 3 or 4 days a week and do keto at maintenance the rest of the days so i don't feel like i'm starving at all in the slightest

Longest fast i did was 21 days back in august, went from 265 to 230, currently sitting at 223, hopefully by Monday i can get below 220 which means that for the first time in my life since i can remember i'd weight less than 100 kg.

>eating at a difference

all you had to do was watch the very first OP video but you failed to even do that

also

>21 days
impressive my nigga

Fell off the wagon due to having to work extremely irregular hours

Can I have some (You)s?

How many Liters of water should I drink each day?

I was missing for a few days.
Since when innawood became annoying anti fast faggot on par with avocado? Did avocado steal his trip? Are they same person?

It's okay I did too, did well by having mongolian beef but then I found a godamn bag of aldi chocolate drizzle kettlecorn that I slaughtered

innawoods is bad because he's super hardcore omad and junkfood, and also because he riles up keyboard warriors

What's the best indoor cardio machine under $300AU for a poorfag like myself?

Yes

SNAKEJUICE is potassium and sodium mxied with water. It helps to keep the electrolytes going.
SNAKEPOTIONS are ACV,soda, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. These are to help your liver and kidneys along.

How many you need, that is how many you drink. Just don't drink liters of water without any salts or you'll feel like crap.

My loss so far. Weight is Kgs
27-11-2017 110 Fast
28-11-2017 107.8 Fast
29-11-2017 106.3 one meal, zalm and veggies en WORST!
30-11-2017 106.9 one meal. Meat loaf, veggies , sweet potato & snacks chips en pepernoten.
1-12-2017 107 nice meal with senpai, and lots of sweet and potato chips
2-12-2017 107 Breakfast. lunch. snacks in the evening
3-12-2017 107 Fast
4-12-2017 105.7 Fast
5-12-2017 104,7 Fast
6-12-2017 104 Breakfast, snacks @ grandma, evening diner and choco
7-12-2017 104.5 today, going to fast.

I drink 3-4L and feel great. Often I'll drink even more.

For how long do you fast?

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

These include nausea and vomiting [47], edema [48], alopecia and motor neuropathy [14], hyperuricemia and urate nephropathy [49], irregular menses [49], abnormal liver function tests and decreased bone density [17], thiamine deficiency and Wernicke encephalopathy [50, 51], and mild metabolic acidosis [52]. Additionally, several deaths have been reported during or immediately following therapeutic fasting, with the etiologies including lactic acidosis, small bowel obstruction, renal failure, and cardiac arrhythmias [53].

The adverse events described above have only occurred during or following extended fasts of several weeks or more, and have not been reported in trials of shorter more frequent fasts

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.22065/full

a skipping rope

>The adverse events described above have only occurred during or following extended fasts of several weeks or more, and have not been reported in trials of shorter more frequent fasts

So if I don't get nutrients I die? Wow, I'm so glad that you're here avocado, now wait I meant the other one. KYS Avocado.

>The adverse events described above have only occurred during or following extended fasts of several weeks or more, and have not been reported in trials of shorter more frequent fasts
Thats why you drink snake juice

Ok then. Now fuck off.

YOU HAVE BEEN REMINDED.

REMINDED THAT

you are literally retarded

THE SAME FAGGING IS REAL. 3 COMMENTS BACK TO BACK HIGH LIGHTING THE SAME FUCKING LINE WHY MAKE IT SO APPARENT

How long is "therapeutic fasting"?

NO ARGUMENTS SO AVOCADO FAG USES AD HOMINEM

you are literally retarded

Because that line is the only relevant part.

Don't fast for several weeks, got it. Again, you can fuck off now.

OMAD!!!!111 eat like crap under one hour and become a twink like me!

Only eat cock outside of your eating window!

AMA

lolz :D :D :D

INNAWOODS IS THAT YOU?

samefag

7 days in my 23/1 fast 8 pounds down (most of it water I guess),
I am now at a point where being hungry feels the same as light nausea. And I got the death breath.

YOU WISH, THERE ARE SOME ANOREXIC STARVATION TWINKS WHO POST ITT

ALSO SOME FAT FUCKS WHO GOT HORRIBLE RESULTS WITH THEIR FAT "FASTS" AND WANT TO TROLL OTHER ANONS INTO DOING IT

HORRIBLE RESULTSI BELIEVE YOU MISSPELLED SNAKE DIET

The problem with 23/1 and weight loss is that is does slow down your metabolism.
23/1 for maintenance and even bulking can be done. But longer fasts 36+hours will have more of a fat burning potential.

I'm this user and I'm now at the point where being in a fasted state gives me a fucktonne of energy.
I'm only 17 hours into a 36 hour fast (movie night with the Waifu) but already I'm getting that energetic feel, it's almost how it feels when the mdma/pma is about to hit (not that I do that anymore). I'm getting so much work done this morning it's great.

Officially done with my 36h fast and still don't feel hungry. Might go for 48 hours desu. I tried fasting the first time on monday but by tuesday at 12:00PM I had to eat something. This time I added some sodium bicarbonate to my water both to get more sodium and to fight heartburn.

People aiming for the low insulin meme are so retarded, if you can't drop 10 fucking kilos in 10 days while doing your shit meme fasting regime at 110kg bodyweight then pls consider stopping.
If you reduce calories and eat like a normal human being you will drop bodyfat, and it will be less catabolic too.

Stop following meme shit diets jfc.

Finished 48 hour, refed on what I had been craving, now going on 72 hour. Y'all can do it, just meet it up and drink your snakeoil.

155 hours into my fast I don't feel tired or anything but my mouth feels like complete shit

You're clearly new here.

Try getting some saliva going and get your mouth and gums good and wet with it.

Fuck off attention whore.

>Stop following meme shit diets jfc.
"jfc" also followed that meme shit diet.
In fact, fasting is integral part in pretty much every major religion on this planet.
But hey, I'm sure that this red thread through all of human history just a meme.

>Try getting some saliva going and get your mouth and gums good and wet with it.
is this a real post?

The taste is fucking awful and the worst part you can't eat or drink anything to get rid of it.
However green tea will help somewhat imo.

The excretion of saliva is an integral part of oral health. When you don't eat you don't produce as much of it. Bacteria get an easy ride.
By working up some saliva and keeping your mouth wet with it the bacteria growth will be kept in check.

Yeah, in order to preserve food supply and local bio diversity, it has no bearing on human metabolism whatsoever.
You're already in a fasted ketogenic state during your sleep and before your breakfast, there is absolutely no need to skip meals.

Replied to the wrong person.

Read

Currently water fasting while taking electrolyte sups; does /fast/ approve?

Which sups are that?
Anything besides potassium and sodium is looked down on.

>You're already in a fasted ketogenic state during your sleep and before your breakfast, there is absolutely no need to skip meals.
Except to, you know, prolong said state.

I don't think it could hurt to supplement magnesium too.

Sure, but is it an electrolyte?

Potassium chloride finally arrived, first snake potion made

>Sure, but is it an electrolyte?
yes?

I've been doing OMAD for so long now, the thought of eating more than once per day makes me nauseous.

It's not working as it did though. Maybe my metabolism slowed or some shit. I'll have to start introducing 48 and 72 hour fasts in my week program now.

Still waiting for my phone so I can take proper before pics before I start

>I'll have to start introducing 48 and 72 hour fasts in my week program now.
The right way to go, godspeed

>It's not working as it did though. Maybe my metabolism slowed or some shit. I'll have to start introducing 48 and 72 hour fasts in my week program now.

Me too. I'm doing OMETD (one meal every two days) and my progress is slowing. These aren't big meals either. I'm predicting that I become 100% energy self sufficient by 2020. Solar and sleep seem to do the trick mostly.

>excuse

Hello, I started doing OMAD. My leg muscles are sore. Will that stop soon? I also have a question about what to eat when I eat. Is the most important thing that I get enough protein? I mean if I eat a can of tuna with a salad and bread is it enough for my day meal? Thanks.

Nope. I fasted for longer than you already

OMAD for weight loss doesn't work due to it just being CICO restriction which leads to the slowing down of your metabolism.

For what reason are you doing OMAD? Fatloss or other health gains?

Fat loss mostly but health gains too

You don't know that.

Sinterklaas

For fat loss via fasting you should fast longer than OMAD. While OMAD with maintenance and bulking certainly has health benefits, OMAD with calories below maintenance causes a slowdown of your metabolism the same way traditional CICO weight loss diets do.

To really ramp up fat loss you should consider doing keto when you feed, proper keto not the "stuff your face with mayonnaise" keto.

Yup, Sinterklaas weekend, lots of food and snacks with the senpai. I find it interesting that my weight didn't shoot up after all that crap. On CICO I would lose weight and then fuck up once and It would be back.
Also Kanker.

Well it DOES work since I lost 30kg with it, but after a few months it slows down yes.

If i'm fasting, should i workout? And when?
For workout i mostly mean weightlifting or HIIT, maybe a normal run here and there.

I lost 50 kgs on CICO restriction, but getting the metabolism back up and running is hell. Fasting with SNAKEJUICE is so much easier and pleasant.

Depends on how long you fast.

Daily reminder to get rid of the name when doing the daily reminder that Innawoods is a faggot.

But I have school, I can't fast too long. :( I don't want to fuck up my metabolism either, what's the best strategy for me?

>Depends on how long you fast.
What about 2-3 days fasts?

I did whole month and several 10 days. What about u

Get keto adapted and fast with SNAKEJUICE! Once you are used to running of off fats you may get mental gains. Otherwise just fast during the weekends.
Get a eating window of 20/4 on the days that you do eat. This way you'll have plenty of time to get them tasty nutrients in.

December /fast/, why aren't you fasting fatty? Is it because you're a pussy? Is it because you swallowed the lolmad pill? Sort yourselves out.

Gas All TripFags, /fast/ War Now!!!

12/1 - 195.6
12/2 - 191.2
12/3 - 187.8
12/4 - 186.6
12/5 - 187.0
12/6 - 184.2
12/7 - 182.6

Still good steady energy all day famalam, zero hunger. I have a business lunch today and I do not give a fuck so I will not be attending. The /fast/ must go on!

Good going f a m

Or you could brush your fucking teeth and use mouthwash like someone who isn't fucking nasty.

Pls respond

Whats your favorite sushi? Is it the.... Avocado Roll you pudgy fat retard?

>wake up
>feel good
>decide not to eat today

It feels kinda weird discovering a reality opposite of what the medicine-food industrial complex has brainwashed me since I was a child.

Same dude from the past few days. Currently at 158 hours into my water fast. 10 hours remain. Should I just keep going?

Go f a m, make me proud

IF YOU FEEL GOOD DON'T STOP

Okay then. Digits on this post are extra hours added to this current fast.

Looks like I'm fasting for satan

Cheers mate

Well ofc you should brush your teeth too.

See you in ten hours senpai.

Welp, see you in hell user.

DEVILISH DIGITS

hey guys, im currently doing keto but thinking of adding either 24 or 48 hour weekly fast on top, any tips?
can you still lift during a fast? do you feel like you have the energy for it?

666 hours ~= 28 days

You can do it

You can lift without any problems for a short fast >48 hours.

>can you still lift during a fast? do you feel like you have the energy for it?
Done it today, it just works, remember to have snake juice on hand.

going to buy snake juice ingredients today after class, but another user brought up a good point. can I just buy sodium and potassium pills and take them with water instead of drinking snake juice?It would be like the same thing right?

You are going to have to take a lot of pills

I would like to know this as well. I'm a sissy baby who can't drink salt water

brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/brewing-adjuncts/mineral-salts/d/potassium-chlorid-100-g

Just buy bulk.