How the fuck do people lift so much on shoulders...

How the fuck do people lift so much on shoulders? I'm pretty dyel but i've seen skinnier people dumbell shoulder press more than me i've been training for a couple of months and can only do 14kg for 10 reps

Other urls found in this thread:

listal.com/chelle-sherrill/pictures
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some people have been training strength for a while and it might not show. Others have strength imbalances.

Use a barbell.

I'm DYEL as fuck and I can do 25kgx8

It's literally called stop being a fucking pussy. 4 months in and I OHP 135 pounds for reps. Put in the work or keep crying

youre a framelet

t. 21" clavicles at bone and OHP 155x5 after 8 months

how much has your body physically changed in appearance?

I keep telling myself that once I OHP 1pl8 and bench 2, I'll be significantly better looking than now.

>tfw used to do hspu's but now almost no shoulder work due to injuries

They spend time training it.

in all seriousness, a barbell takes a lot of the balancing out of the equation. you can always take more on a barbell than individual dumbbells when it comes to pushing

I want you to try something.

Do 4x4 on your max. The next time do 4x8 at 80-90% if the weight (depending on what's possible for you). The third time you do 3x4 and 1x4+ (as many as possible). Rinse and repeat. Increase next time.

Worked for me. Search on Reddit's fitness for 4-4-8 program.

height?

Sup, been doing dumbell for shoulders like this dude in your pic for a month now, they are sticking out like fuck. I've managed to get to 12.5kg and do 10x10. I'm new to this game but im amazed at how fast the gains are for beginners like they all say

who is this fat-assed goth bitch? Gib me.

here you fucking moron listal.com/chelle-sherrill/pictures

thanks asshole

DYELs with shoulder only days that dont have fatigue from benching before

5'7''
Barely outside manlet realm.

Thats the first step lad.
Once you can do both of those, you start doing them for reps. Lifting heavy for 8-12 reps will make gains grow on you

>5'7"
>21" delts

choose one faggot
17.5" MAX

>14kg for 10 reps

LMAO. I do 28kg for 20 reps and I'm pretty much DYEL.

Related question:

I'm not terrible at seated press.
I do 3x8 at 26kg each hand right now, but I really struggle getting 28kg into the starting position. Pretty sure I could press them (progressive overload etc) if I could get them up. Any tips?

I read you can "use thighs to raise one at a time", is this legit? I'm currently power-curl/swinging them up at the same time into the starting position from resting on my lap.

> Plebit

Fix imbalances in lifts
Do deadlifts,bench,rows,dips, pull-ups, and ohp. Honestly a good way of finding out your imbalances is to put your best barbell/free weight sets into symmetric strength. It straight up says my ohp is the worst compared to my other lifts and it's right.

>what is literally genetics
Not him, but I'm 5'8 and have 22.5" shoulders. Yes, it looks cartoonish as fuck.

Why? What’s the dumbbell to barbell weight ratio? If I can lift X dumbbell per had I can lift Y on a barbell?

Here's some of the best lifting advice I've ever received. You're weak because you're inflexible and you're inflexible because you're weak. Probably the same thing with you

>sitting down for OHP

>5'7''
>outside manlet realm.

> not sitting for seated db press
snap city nigguh

yes. place one dumbbell on your knee, hold your core and kick it up. works like a charm

bumping

Seated dumbbell ohp is great to do as cool down sets after barbell ohp. Also you can consciously tell if you're arching your back and reset

what others have said, regular OHP lets you move quite a bit more weight with the right technique. that said it may also be that you're pushing the weight too far out ahead of you which seems to be a common mistake

also, don't feel down. I started at about the same weight 9 months ago and managed to get to 5x5 on one plate

>5'7"
>outside manlet realm
Nigga I'm 5'9" and even I'm laughing at you right now

last time I tried standing DB presses it was about 10-15% under my OHP. it may be different for others though

I hope this is bait.... I can't imagine the level of delusion you must live with to not know 5'7 is SQUARELY inside the manlet realm.

My best was 50kg dumbells ohp for a set of 2 (2 and a slightly spotted 3rd)
And 90kg barbell ohp for a set of 4.

I injured my left pec and took two months off any chest/most shoulder work so I can't do that now, but so far I'm back up to 38kg dumbells ohp for sets of 8-10.
Personally what works for me is rotating between a month of intense shoulder training, almost in like a bro split fashion where one day a week is just shoulders, followed by a month where shoulders are just a tiny bit of accessory work for a push day.

Everyone is different but for me I find If I always train shoulders hard, the strength doesn't develop and I feel it's because they are used in some way shape or form on almost every exercise you do for upper body. Gotta train that shit in cycles and give it a chance to rest.
Same goes for deadlifts, my best strength gains are if I do deadlifts 3 - 4 times every two months and accessory work in between.

I can bench 70kg but I can do dumbbell presses at about 25kg a piece

If you want gains in your OHP, jump on a program that suits your experience level. Don't just fuck around in the gym for a few hours a week.

Also increasing training frequency to the OHP is best. You should do it 2 - 3 times a week if you care that much about it.

is it ok if I only have dumbbells available?

It's complicated. A barbell is best because you can progress in very small increments. Especially if you drop 10 buck on some micro plates. But with dumbbells, you can only jump up or down in ~5 pound increments. So it's much harder. You'd have to get creative with rep/set/intensity schemes in order to try and spur progression in a dumbbell OHP.

Don't get me wrong, DBs are perfectly fine, but you will have a hard time progressing with them. You'd be best served with barbell work.

That is true, it's nice that some gyms have 2.5 lb plates so incrementing is easier than dumbbell. But for now dumbbell is all I have

he's not talking about 2.5lb plates
he's talking about 0.25 lb, 0.5lb, 0.75 lb, 1.25 lb, etc

75-80% total weight
converting from 1rm to longer DB sets, 50-66%
I prefer doubles & triples on DB with really short rest (20-30s) for many sets (6-15), so I tend to 66-80% of my 1rm. More gains, but still need pump sets to work on endurance

You should join a gym. Just be careful of shady long term contracts (PF, Bally's, LA Fitness, etc).

You'd be quite blessed to find one of those hardcore type gyms that are family owned/operated. Dogs walking around and shit, you know?

But anyway, if Dumbbells are all you have right now then you're forced to manipulate reps, sets, and intensity to make progress.

I think its just genetics. I hit 135 ohp while only benching ~ 165. Different people are better at different things.

Ty bro.

Will try it out next time I'm hitting shoulders.

*BBBRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP*

Not a lot, but I guess depending on your frame, it might change more

how much do you weigh? 4 months for that weight is not typical

He posted a smug pepe you retard how do you not grasp it was sarcasm.

almost exactly the same. feels weird having one shitty press and one great one, but i'm not complaining.

ok, actually, i do complain about my bench a lot. but i think i'd rather have a disproportionately strong OHP anyway

Do you do dips OP? I put on significant mass and strength once I started doing weighted dips in particular

tfw I live in a town with a population of 400. The only "gym" I have around me only has dumbells and a few machines.

On the upside, they rely on volunteers to stay open so I just volunteer there and workout for free.

>Prioritizing bench over OHP
I seriously don't hope you guys do this

>tfw beet the system
>5'7''
>add shoes and I'm 5'8''
WhenWillTheyLearn

There's no such thing as a dumbell to barbell ration

>ration
i said ratio

started 160 lb now 172 lb 5'11

aww fuck how am I suppose to argue with that?

I know you did. It appears that I made a typo

Fix your kyphosis, that's helping me.

The dumbbells you can rep out only 5 times. x 2 + 35lbs, ronnie coleman sign.
So in conclusion. If I can do only 5 reps of 80s it would be
(80 x 2) = 160 + 35 = your bench will be around 195lbs

I can OHP 155x3, seated dumbell 70’s 3x8.

You’re probably neglecting certain things like: rear dealts, serratus and extra tricep work. You should hit tris MORE than bi’s you know... make sure you’re doing strength for shoulders as well as lightweight hypertrophy work. And lastly shoulder mobility work. Circumsduction exercises like shoulder dislocates are good.

It literally isn't structurally possible you fucking moron

24" is WIDE AS FUCK. It's basically unicorn-tier.
22" is a little more common but definitely 99.999%ile.

And on 5'7"? I'd say you don't know how to properly keasure your shoulders.

> tfw overhead more than 2 plates

> tfw people talk about me and people who aren't my bros at the gym know me as "the guy who presses more than 2 plates"

stay black