I need a routine suggestion for hypertrophy and strength

I need a routine suggestion for hypertrophy and strength
I've been on and off since I was 13, and I took my longest hiatus yet the last 8 months while I was working my first full time job (I'm 22 now). I've never really been built but I looked more than decent a year ago, now my body's gotten all flabby and frail and weak and I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror.
I've started going back to the gym this last month and doing a shit routine and I haven't seen any tangible progress. I'm at 159 lbs and I'm guessing mid to high 1X% body fat. For the record, these are my lifts right now

BP 135 lbs 1x8,1x6,2x5 (I fail before I reach 8 reps on BP)
OHP 65 lbs 2x8,2x6 (same with BP except I do it after)
Pendlay rows 95 lbs 4x8
For now I'm holding off on squatting since I've never had issues putting mass or strength on my legs

Also, this is what I eat daily

Breakfast: 4 eggs, 2 toasts, 2 cups of milk
752 cals; 52.4g carbs, 38g fat, 46g protein

Lunch: 8oz pasta with tomato sauce
905 cals; 184.5g carbs, 6.3g fat, 31g protein

Dinner: 1 cup rice and 8oz baked chicken
1090 cal; 185g carbs, 3g fat, 72g protein

Pre-sleep shake: 2 cups of milk and 1 scoop of myprotein whey isolate
398 cal; 26g carbs, 36g protein, 18g fat

Please recommend a good routine and any diet adjustments that I could do for a good strength and hypertrophy progression
I just took some progression pictures for myself. I'd post them but I'm too embarrassed of what my body looks like now

Bumping with thiccness

starting strength.

That's a man

This post is bait.

I said hypertrophy

In what way is it bait ? I'm literally asking for advice.

Because pic is a man. Zero women(female) have been posted ITT

Honesty just do starting strength for 12 weeks and when you're maxed out deload by 20% and up your rep ranges to 3x8,12,15, periodize your lifts and switch between 15/12/8 reps. You should burn out at 15 quickly and 12/8 are going to be the sweet spots for growth but if you're having issues plateauing after 2-3 cycles then drop the 15 rep scheme for a 5x5 with 3x8/12 for hypertrophy and 5x5 to refine and develop strength. Add weight 5lbs every session until you've plateaued with 5x5 after 3 sessions. Deload by 20% and do a strength regimen for 2-3 cycles 3x8,5x5, 3x3, 3-4x1rm. Accessory work is up to you, don't let it interfere with compound lifts. The smaller the muscle group, the better it will grow with higher rep ranges. Delts/biceps/tris, etc need at least 10-15 reps per set. If you do this you'll get fucked ;)

Also, I suggest ss first because you're weak as fuck despite lifting on and off for 9 years and if you were ever strong at any point during that time it will be extremely easy to gain that strength back and help the hypertrophy immensely.

Appreciate this advice actually. So SS for 3 months until I build up a good strength foundation then drop down to a hypertrophy setup. Any tips for my diet or is it fine?

Summer 2016 I used to be able to quarter squat 325 lbs for 2 reps (parallel 275), BP 185 lbs for 3, row 135 lbs and OHP 115 lbs

Your diet is fine. Tbh it looks like you're eating at least 6-700 kcal surplus. Take 30mg zinc, 450mg magnesium before bed to help with recovery and a slight boost in test as well.

You should have no problem getting close to those levels in the next 3 months then.

What do I replace power cleans with? Rows? More DLs? Pullups ?

Another thing, periodize between days, not in a session, you shouldn't be doing 1 set of 15 then one of 12 then one of 8. It should be 3x15, then continue that till you can't finish a 3x15, switch to 3x12, when you can't do that some day(s) later do 3x8, 20% deload is somewhat a lot so if you want 10% is chill too but 20% let's your muscles heal a bit more and I've found it to be more efficient.

Okay so SS to build up a strength foundation for 3 months, then deload 20% and start off with 3x8, then 3x12, then 3x15, and every time I fail on 3x15 drop down to the next tier, and if I fail 3x8 then deload by 10%?

Also, what program do I switch to after SS? PPL? 4-day upper/lower split?

starting strength is hypertrophy. there is very little strength without hypertrophy and vice versa. skinny people who lift heavy are very rare exceptions, not the rule.

the issue with SS after your 3 months or so is that the program will have 1. too little volume, which is main driver for strength gains, and 2. too much exertion to allow for you to keep getting strong (doing 85% of your 1RM for 3 sets of 5 becomes harder as you get stronger, the gap between 3x5 sets and your 1RM widens).

so, you need more complex solutions to regulate volume and intensity throughout the week. RPE-programming is probably the simplest, in terms of programming though not in terms of implementation.

So you're saying stick with SS but add more accessory work?

Also, should I be doing 3x5 like SS recommends or should I go for 5x5?

who is she tho?

There is so substitute for what power cleans do but targeting the muscles involved is different. Power cleans "keep the expression of power current with the development of strength." Rows/Deadlifts target the muscles but your muscles are comprised of different fiber types, your genetic inclination along with trained inclination influence the ratio of fast to slow twitch muscle fibers and fast twitch have the highest potential for growth and explosiveness. Slow twitch are the least responding. Approaching your 1rm will train these fibers regardless but power cleans rely primarily on their development. If you do substitute for them do front squats/ hip thrusts, single leg reverse hypers, and actively train abs instead of passively as rippletits would suggest. Front squats are better for your spinal and core development considering that form is harder to break down in and they train the posterior erectors the best out of the primary compound lifts focus on approaching 1rm to target the fast twitch fibers.

You won't gain hypertrophy being a weak dyel. Get strong first

what you do after SS is mostly personal. for example, since you should have stalled for a long while at the final phase of SS to require any serious change/modification, we should first treat the lifts that have been stalling.

increasing number of sets per exercise is important at this point. beside that, squatting heavy twice a week (since now wednesday squat is a light variation) might be too tough.

we can, for example, make monday squat your only belted squat day, and while keeping wednesday light squat, replace fridays with 2 count pause squats. all 5x5 (maybe wednesday is 3x5).

we should definitely add more deadlift volume, up to 3x5 or 5x5.

if doing sets of five for 3-5 sets straight is an issue, we may implement RTS methodologies.

for example, the load drop methodology is that you ramp up to a top set with 5% increments, then drop the load by 5% and do more sets. with 2 load drop sets, 2 ramping sets of 5% increments to the top set, and the top set itself, this would total to 5x5 with varying intensity for each set.

if you haven't lost power cleans in favor of rows yet, do that now maybe. it is up to you. if you love cleans, stick to them. however doing rows at the rep ranges of 5-8 may have more carry over to your deadlift and overall muscle gains.

what about bench tho? it should similarly be upped to 5 sets per workout.

when this program runs out as well, you should look into the bridge. it adds even more variations (tempo squat, rack pull, closegrip bench, etc.) to spice things up because you have learned most of the basics about main movements already. (it takes time tho.)

3x5 is fine. Your strength levels have been much higher in the past and the increased volume will most likely retard your progression. For people who are much weaker and have never touched on higher levels the volume helps slightly more. Also you interpreted my message on periodization correctly.

Alright this is all really good advice. I'm gonna take notes and start working on this immediately. Really appreciate all the tips btw, thanks a lot

no problem