Is the top level of strength talent in powerlifting or strongman?

i was browsing some powerlifting records earlier and i'm pretty sure eddie hall could smash the shw raw total record pretty handily. ray williams is strong as fuck but his bench and deadlift are way behind hall's

is the top-level strength talent all in strongman or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a204s4mNGAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The deadlift requirements are a bit different between the sports. Hitching with straps can make a big difference.

But we'll likely see soon enough as Thor is set to start doing some powerlifting meets apparently

i really lol at these genetically gifted powerfucks and strongfucks, i mean why going to these sports that will give you no money ?

if i was strong as fuck id go for nfl, mma or sprinting (if i was a strong lanket)

TBQH the stongest men on earth are in strong man

Neither. It's in Olympic weightlifting.
Fast twitch > slow twitch everytime.
youtube.com/watch?v=a204s4mNGAY

wrong
see
Olympic lifting requires far higher power, force production, speed, and strength. You need much better genetics.

This really is the GOAT. I remember a few years back watching a video where an Olympic lifter gave olympic track and field athletes a real run for their money on vertical jump, hurdles, sprinting, all that stuff. Those guys are superhuman.

that would be awesome

eddie hall doesn't deadlift raw though, he uses a suit.
If you compare him to other equip lifters he doesn't beat dave hoff you is 150lbs lighter

That just means they have more power, not more strength. Strength is force output without regard to speed, therefore strongmen ARE the strongest, and oly lifters the most powerful.

Strength is has a power component.
Even slow deadlifts require power.
Olympic lifting requires power, speed, and strength deriving from fast-twitch fibres.
It's not even debatable, Olympic lifting requires a far greater genetic talent.

>therefore strongmen ARE the strongest, and oly lifters the most powerful
I think you’ll find fillipinos are the most powerful.

>Strength is has a power component.
Not really. Power has a strength component, but strength itself isn't reliable on being powerful. They are often intertwined, but strength does not necessitate power.
>Even slow deadlifts require power.
Uh, no. A slow deadlift doesn't require speed. When you take away the time component, you are talking solely about strength.
>Olympic lifting requires power, speed, and strength deriving from fast-twitch fibres.
Yeah, which means there is less emphasis on strength itself, which is why strong people tend in strongman/powerlifting, and powerful people tend to be in oly lifting.
>It's not even debatable, Olympic lifting requires a far greater genetic talent.
We're discussing strength, not genetic talent you brainlet

>We're discussing strength, not genetic talent you brainlet
>fast-twitch dependent lifts are not a display of strength
This is a retarded fantasy made up by powerlifters.

but user, you're not strong as fuck

i'm a noob, is there somewhere i can watch past and live strongman/powerlifting events?

i don't understand how come athletes from other sports (soccer, rugby, martial arts, football) all do some sort of strength training or progressive overload with weight lifting or just plain commercial gym meme stuff instead of oly. I assume because it requires too much technique and has little carryover compared to a more pure strength based training?

>oly lifting requires more strength

brainlet detected

oly is all about RFP, RFP is irrelevant in powerlifting where a maximal lift can be a 10 second grinder

therefore the highest levels of strength are seen in shit like PL and strongman, not in RFP sports like oly

for some reason i thought his deads were without a suit, my bad user

what's hoff's equipped and raw records? i have a hard time believing he could out deadlift eddie

Oly lifting variations (power versions, block pulls, high pulls, hangs, etc) are done by athletes of various kinds (along with squats and other stuff). The full lifts aren't usually done because of the technique component.

They're not, they're a display of power, because they allow you to produce force quicker, not produce MORE force. Oly lifts are dependent on producing a large amount of force quickly, strongman/powerlifting are dependent on producing as much force as possible. You have to be mentally retarded to not understand this distinction.

>strength only means absolute strength
Kys mouth breather.

>producing a large amount of force in a short period is a greater display of strength
This is what powerlarders believe.
If guys like Lasha went into powerlifting or strongman all your records would get destroyed, you faggots are delusional. An elite oly lifter has far more talent.

Fuck off you can't even c+j 2pl8s

>no arguments
>has to make shit up
Can c+j 150kg+ actually.

>If guys like Lasha went into powerlifting or strongman all your records would get destroyed, you faggots are delusional.

ok its time to stop user, everyone have their own strenghts and weakness that lasha guy is a freak, but i doubt he could get a 600 lbs raw bench since you need some insane leverages and a lot of chest mass as well as the genetic compound, weightlifting is also a lot about flexibility

armwrestlers have the strongers arms
powerlifters have the strongest cores, chests and legs
olys are the most technical and the most explosives pound for pound
sprinters are probably the weakes in these groups but the fastest, also the ones who make more money

its irrelevant discussing this, everyone have different genetics make up making them better on one or another thing

sprinters can jump high, but the best jumpers arent the best sprinters

the same goes for powerlifting/weightlifting and armwrestling

everyone is good at what they train for, it must have carryover each other, but dont talk about things you have no clue about

That's great that you can do something completely unimpressive and piggyback off the coat-tails of others. Nobody gives a shit about your what ifs and hypotheticals. Fuck off and lift.

power/rate of force production is strength over a period of time, which is what WL is about

the highest levels of STRENGTH are displayed in PL, because there is no power component and all maximal lifts are necessarily a little slow with rfp peaking like 60-70% 1rm for squat/bench/dead

stop posting you toothpick armed olyboo geek

There isn't really any reason to believe that. Obviously the genetic elite of oly lifting could do extremely well in powerlifting or strongman, but there's no reason to believe that they would "destroy" all of the records. Looking up deadlifts of prominent oly lifters and they're definitely very impressive, but nothing to indicate they are world records. All an oly lifter needs to have to be a good oly lifter (comparatively to other strength sports) is the ability to generate force quickly). NOT to produce maximal force. This means that there isn't any reason to believe that oly lifters would be stronger than powerlifters or strongmen.

hoff has a 1210lbs squat, a 975lbs bench and a 820lbs deadlift at a body weight 271lbs.
Even though it is multi ply, i don't think hall has the skill to get extra out of the suit.

Hold up.

He has a 1210lb quarter squat
A 975lb bench to a 1board
And an 820lb deadlift

Multiply is a fucking joke.

the worlds strongest man could perform much closer to world class at olympic lifting, than anyolympic lifters could attempting world class strongman feats. Ergo, strongman has the highest genetic talent. Autistically moving a barbell in one or two specific patterns is nowhere near as impressive as being world class at every strongman lift (or whatever they call them). I can tell from your posting that you're a massive cunt btw so sort your personality out and get the stick out of your ass OLY lifting faggot

kek

dude Eddie reps 880 with just straps, this guys dead isn't even in the same league

holy shit i just saw that squat video, you weren't kidding that was a half-squat and that's being generous