/plg/ Powerlifting General

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/JCTFSzS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its snowing and nobody responded to my texts to hang out
:c

Yeah but snow

nth for crippling lower back pain, crushed confidence, and never being able to lift heavy weights again

It's just a hobby lmao

Fifth for a slightly irritated knee that can still squat fine, but that I will give some rest at the end of my cycle

Life is alright.

Good no cripples in the jungle

its more than a hobby if it affects your daily life, diet, and body. It's a lifestyle

a heavy squat won't save you from malaria

If you squat heavy enough, of course it will

8th for mcgill core exercises every day

whatever-th for passing gas during last squat rep of the day, to leave my scent mark for the dyel after me

fuck competing I just wanna be able to use my hips again

11nd for a comfy Sunday

How do I eat more

get our while you still can

YOGA
O
G
A

>Prepare food
>Open mouth
>Chew
>Swallow
>Repeat

>Cold as fk in the gym
>bicep sore from squatting
>hurts when bench
help

could not even finish squats the pain demotivated me

Xth for stop being a little bitch, do your fucking rehab and be patience.

Refuse to. I refuse to be associated with anything that has the slightest connection to India.

Garagebro will still kill you for not doing 30000 reps of lat work

You bring the suffering upon yourself.

>get thicc juicy quads
>full of blood
>have to wear shorts because too thicc for jeans (not because you want other lads to see your legs or anything)
>target for mosquitos
>get malaria
>die

Once I put almost enough down I can't swallow without vomiting please help

O L I V E O I L

Eat more.

Is that Jason blahas body?

easy way to get more calories is to get your self a blender/mixer and make smoothies with oats, milk, protein powder and frozen berries. Tastes really good, easy to eat. you can get 1000kcal really easy that way.

They make very stretchy jeans that are max comfy. Feels like wearing nothing at all. I've got 4 different pairs and they're the best thing ever.

Fucking love stretchy jeans, an absolute god send.

I have stretchy jeans from handm but theyre not comfy at all. I get sores from wearing them. I only have like ~26in legs too. its snowing here and Im wearing shorts

Do I do shots of it

God fucking damnit I wosh I could do diddlies without feeling like my back is going to snap. At this rate my bench is going to catch up...

>roids make mrv higher

You would think so, but natural lifters will accumulate fatigue slower with like for like volume, higher androgen levels cause stronger muscle contractions, stronger muscle contractions cause more fatigue

Tldr muscles fire harder = more fatigue

So how the fuck did rich piano do 8 hour arm days? Do you think thats even possible for a natty?

250ml whole milk
100g powdered oats
2.5 scoops whey
7tbsp oil of your choice

1600 cals

Manipulate the amount of oil for more/less calories/fat

if you want. or you can just mix a bit in your food lad...

I almost replied with a serious answer so 5/10

>its more than a hobby
Your Wilks better be over 400 you faggot.

This is the best kind I've found. I have 2 pairs.

no and that's why I got a noose

@garagebro

what do you do for work?

>7tbsp oil of your choice
dude what? Correct me if i am wrong but when you want a caloric surplus you don't want the main macro to be fat, you want it to be carbs.

I'll have a look for those.

people already consume too much omega 6, don't do this

Lol.

Fix your life. Hobbies are hobbies. They don't replace a shitty life.

U fugged up son.

Yes but you/the person garage bro is replying to is a weak bitch soyboy that can't eat more so this is a way for him to get more calories.

Its why i said adjust to suit you, ill have 600g+ of carbs, if youre eating less then have less fat, and some people tend to perform better on higher fat diets

I work for a large carpet company, got promoted a week ago to area sales manager

Yeah, but they do provide stress relief and an escape. A way to take your mind off things.

I can't fix brainlet intellect. I can do okay in academics but I can't excel. I can't fix a poor social life in a northern country. You can literally only make friends here as a child in school then you have to ride off that network to make any friends or meet a potential girl. I fucked up and got depressed as a teenager and lost all friends so I can't salvage anything.

oly pls

Same bro. And saw my ex yesterday as wel. Even my gym is snowed in.

How do we cope, lads?

5 more days and im free ee
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEREEEEEEEEeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can I save this rare?

Free from what? Finals?

I wish I could just bench every single day for like 2 hours and get 3pl8 in a few weeks. Recovery is bullshit.

Something mindset something try harder something close grip bench

You arent eating or sleeping properly then

Gains from volume asymptote. You can only do so much extra until it stops being effective.

.t Mindsetlet

Seems like the biggest factor for progress in the gym is actually outside life. Particularly stress seems to be a big factor. You stressing? Yo ain't gaining shit son..

People low in neuroticism = more emotionally stable = less stress = more gains.

Are you depressed? Serotonin levels are lowered = lower serotonin levels = higher ammount of negative emotion / stress in response to stressors. Serotonin acts as an emotional regulator where if you are low your negative emotions are up regulated, if you are high your negative emotions are down regulated.

People with low social status = low serotonin levels becaue they need to be more risk averse etc because the world they are living in is actually more dangerous then the world high social status people are living in.

In the animal world high status animals are in the middle of the pack, low status animals are on the outside, those on the outside are more likely to get eaten by pray animals, thus they are more stressed out because they are more on guard then others. Humans work like this as well.

These red pills makes people really uncomfortable.

>pray animals
predators

Definitely some truth to it. I made killer progress when I started this semester and met some great people, met a great woman and excperienced some intimacy for the first time. Now towards the end I am stressing with exams and she has already gone home and shit is fucked. Making little progress and generally just falling apart, little aches everywhere.

I too enjoy my first year of lifting.

nearing my third year tbqh

I was responding specifically to the “recovery is bullshit” sentence

What do you guys do as a career?

I don't know what I want to do.

says the guy doing this
>8 sets of 10 in a day

Dentist.
Would honestly only recommend it if all you care about is good dosh for few hours or if you're actually interested.

Studying to become a teacher. Comfy job here.

t. Brainlet

Student atm but I've worked several summers as a forklift driver.

Wouldn't mind too much doing it for a living. Get to sit in a comfy seat most of the day. Some tasks you do get up and move quite often though, which is good. Of all manual work I've done this something I would honestly say is actually fun to do.

chad is stealing my hard earned memes

ahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How much time do you work within the week?
How long does it take?
I've never worked before, so what should I do for work to put on my resume? I do know a dentist i can shadow desu.

I just want a job that I can tolerate and gives me my own time.

Lmao that's not in his program. Please improve reading comprehension

>close grip bench press 4x10 @8
>wide grip/feet up bench press 4x10 @8
>4+4=8??

What's the best spirit to drink alone outside in the snow
Or is beer more festive?

vodka

Disclaimer: This is for UK
Well you choose your own hours but typically 32-40 hours per week.
Currently working mainly NHS 32.5 hours (4 days) for 60-65k post tax, I can do more but honestly I found the extra day off is worth it.
It's 5 years Uni then you do 1 year of VT (you get paid a salary)
I'd shadow the dentist for a good week to make sure if you like it.

If you enjoy medical field and doing things with some manual dexterity for good autonmy and pay go for it.
But honestly the field at the end of the day is already very specialized so it gets dull quickly. Currently i'm in between either pursuing medicine to become surgeon or just accept that jobs are there to support your lifestyle.

Gin is more festive IMO
Taste like Christmas tree

Port, malt or brandy

Or some shitty "whiskey" if you're murkan

I wanted to do physical therapy but I heard its extremely difficult to get into a program.

Mulled wine.

Or hot tea, honey, cinnamon, and whisky.

Where abouts in the UK? I need 2 implants doing and would be interested if you had any recommendations of where to get them done.

No clue about getting in a program, but just going by the therapists I have gone to, it seems there is a bit of over saturation in the job market.

Worked all over Scotland but currently in Ayr.
To be honest most Implant providers in UK are okay since the courses are being regulated really well. I
f you want the very best you probably should see if you can get it done in a Dental Hospital or done by a consultant who works in a dental hospital. Since they usually get most experience, have appropriate time and keep up with latest innovations etc...

trip on benchbro

Spoonfeed me your wisdom, lads. What is a tried and true, higher-volume, mass building way to program?

Thank you. Last question; is 18 too young for implants, should I wait until I'm 21 and have a bridge in the mean time?

I won't save it if you don't want me to.

A-also I'm n-not a Chad.

smolov

I always wondered why people in america earn so much more?
Isn't your currency worth roughly the same as europes?

i meant to quote

discord.gg/JCTFSzS

Yeah usually best to wait because jaws can still grow bit more for men.
Dunno about other fields but for medicine and dentistry just going by family and family friends who work in US, it's mainly due to US being more private system, shitloads more work hours and less taxes.
Private in UK as well is quite big bucks at least going by my niece who's a private only dentist and she earns almost more than double of what I earn, they're just more rare though outside of big cities

jebač (fucker)
židov (jew)

t. serb

where go after c6w no longer helps

gzcl

so whats overall better for powerlifting (same wing span):

a) long femurs, short torso
b) short femurs, long torso

i always thought a) was better for deadlifting and b) better for squats but look at ed coan. this fucker was good at everything and had really short femurs.
do you have to be build like a dwarf to be good at all three lifts? is powerlifting THE manlet sport?

ahaha okey chad