Pullovers

Who here does them?
Have you noticed good gains?
Would you reccomend them?

I've done them before.

They're aight, worth giving a try for a month or two and going back to occasionally.

Yes, they are good.

2x a week without fail. You aint shredded if you dont do em

I do cable pullovers any time I'm working upper body. They give a nice triceps stretch, and they're also good on back day to give the lats a bit more work.

why not just do the standing cable pulldown version

I have a home gym so i dont have a machine

So what does this exercise work exactly? Some people say back others say chest.

I'm retarted and found them a pain in the ass to set up with dumbbells or an ez curl bar, but I'd do 'em more often if I had a Nautilus pullover. Kettlebell halos are kind of similar and seem to be a pretty good shoulder warmup.

both

serratus anterior

>pullovers
sorry I don't drive

I prefer the PJR pullover version.
Fits better in my routine, due to my leverages and insertions.

yes
I do them standing, because bad back, so no bench for me, thgrounding requires arching which my spine can't take

Standing pullovers with 15 kg kettlebell, as if you were doing a rugby throw, with a good squeeze at the top, keeping elbows in

>lying pullovers
'I've only had one drink, officer'

it's mostly lats, chest give a little support. think of it as chin ups without bending at the elbow

try doing them by laying on the bench perpendicular. Like your upper back, shoulders on the bench, and body down to the floor on the side. Dumbbell on other side of bench.

It is a lot better than even cables. And if you drop your lower body and open up your chest you get an awesome stretch aswell.

I did them in a pullover machine, the lying type. Didn't felt like working but it did made a difference making a V shape more notorious, since it targets lats.

I read a long time ago in T-nation that they were best to do first as a warm up for a back day

>So what does this exercise work exactly?
Depends completly on what you initiate with.
You can literally do this movement in a way that initiates with traps, delts, chest or triceps.

Depending on how good your proprioception is, you can either take advantage of that or, if it's completly shit, make zero gains off this movement.

Yea they’re awesome. I do em twice a week on my push day. The serratus is the most aesthetic muscle and it helps develop them tremendously.

Nice

>Doing pulls on a push day.
This must be bait

Nice

Nice

They are pretty good, but seem to put lots of pressure on my head. Feel like my eyes will pop on heavier weights

>he didn't make his own cable system for his home gym
It's cheap and easy