/FAST/ #52. Fasting for Allah (praise be unto him) edition

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open]

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis [Open]
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open]
>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open]
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open]

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8 [Open]

Other urls found in this thread:

holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0
youtube.com/watch?v=PF8Vgkf-jx0
youtube.com/watch?v=3E2zP5CyLIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello?

Hiya

Reminder to all muslims that sucking pig cock does indeed break fast.

I really want to start snake diet fast, but with Christmas and Newyears just around the corner I don’t want to create a scene with relatives. Should I fast the in between days or just wait for 1.1.?

if you haven't fasted before it makes sense to do ADF for a while.

You won't be with them every day. Just fast the days you have no social obligations. If you fuck up and over eat a couple days, it won't be the end of the world

kys sandnigger

it's only a sin to eat pigs.

Nothing specifically says we can't suck they're dicks.

Reminder to all Muslims
>you are the scum of the earth
>your prophet fucked a 9yr old
>everyone except sjw wants you eliminated from the earth

I think snake juice is disgusting so I found an unflavoured zero carb/cal supplement stats are:

Magnesium Aspartate (mg) 1200 49200
.equivalent to magnesium (mg) 300 12300
Potassium Phosphate (mg) 696 28536
.equivalent to potassium (mg) 200 8200
Sodium Chloride (mg) 255 10455
.equivalent to sodium (mg) 100 4100
Calcium Citrate (mg) 285 11685
.equivalent to calcium (mg) 60 2460

Little number 30g serve big number 100g

Muslim fasting is shit. Even Snake man agrees with me on this. Mudslides only fast between sunrise and sunset, between and before that, they binge. I know a few of them. They brag they go on 30 day fasts. Doesn't look like it though. Obesity is a problem in their nations too. It's a gigantic business in Muslim countries.

npbp

Is a week long water fast healthy and safe? Most sites I've read say that you should do it for three days maximum but I want to hear your opinion.

it isn't, you will feel like shit because of lack of electrolytes.

And what's stopping me from eating a bunch of pure salt?

Ulcers.

Just drink salted water or eat a bit of salt and then drink until you get all the salt you need.

>your prophet fucked a 9yr old
Literally /our guy/ then. What's his opinion about onions?

Snake juice is required

allah is a pig god.

Last day of my fast. Can't wait to break it after a solid 84 hours.
Was going to do a 4 day but this is the furthest I've been without depression (5 day)
I know I'm definitely going to see progress and it's impossible for me to eat a lot in one sitting or even in a day since I changed my diet and shrunk my stomach intermittent fasting years ago during initial weight loss. Thanks for listening.

>tfw pizza doesn't deliver here

>libtards were btfo

>you have to be an alt-right cuckold to hate muslims
here's your reply

Any Orthodox Christians on here fasting for Jesus?

based libtard BTFOer

Question:
Can I drink coffee/tea/caffeine while fasting? Or should it just be water. I get caffeine headaches if I don't get some caffeine before 10:00.

This is the only thing really holding me back from fasting.

Orthodox bro here, I would fast for Jesus but fasting is gay and I only need to lose 5% more body fat to get abs/ show more aesthetics

Avoid sugars and you should be fine

My drink of choice is black coffee so I'm good.

so you're saying... you're not gay for Jesus?

Just fast until a few days before christmas, refeed into OMAD a couple days leading up to christmas day, eat a small portion for the day with your family on the holiday, and then resume fasting immediately afterwards
On new years you can do the same, but I'd just stay away from the food unless you have too. If you have to eat though it's not a big deal just don't overdo it

How the fuck am I supposed to lift a day into a fast? I have no energy. Like my brain is working quickly but my body doesn’t want to do anything.

Fasting is your first line of defense against other habits. Pray while fasting and follow this calendar. holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/

Maybe /yourguy/ I enjoy my women with at least a little bit of curves faggot

Anybody else have trouble sleeping while fasting? I woke up like 3 times last night, kept tossing and turning instead of passing out from being tired, and probably pissed all 3 times (in the toilet I got up and walked to the toilet)

I used to think fasting for ramadan was hardcore or something but honestly who can't resist the urge to eat from sun up to sun down knowing you get food at night? wtf? that's not even hard.

How the fuck does this even work? I just finished a 7 day water fast, ate at maintence for 4 days, and I gained all my weight back. Fucking how.

What if I just eat a bowl of oatmeal in the morning and then fast the rest of the day. Won't that give just enough nutrition and calories to keep everything from shutting down but still get fat burning?

exactly

its even better to eat when its cool and wont kill you

kill yourself

Daily reminder that bacon is best food for breaking a fast.

fuck that I'm eating eggs

>I enjoy my women with Jamal's jizz dripping out of their cunts
Go figure.

Thought I'd share this since there's been a lot of discussion about calories in lemon juice. I'm in Canada so I'm not sure if it differs to amerifats.

I saw SNAKEMANS Santa Cruz lemon juice as well, but it had more ingredients in it so I decided to go with complete organic.

Just tested myself after having 6tbsps of this straight, it's been almost two hours and I'm still up at ~80-90 on the keytones piss strips, dark dark cranberry/burgundy. I'll keep checking throughout the day now because I only noticed the calories in it today and now I'm curious myself.

READ THE OP.

Smaller amounts of food every day is harder to maintain AND less effective than complete fasting.

JUST READ.

The not drinking water part is the harder desu, especially in summer in middle east or north africa.

t. kafir

For those curious, my intake was about 88 calories worth of lemon juice this morning. We'll see what happens.

I can personally attest to this, dropped from 135 to 110 doing CICO daily defecit with 3-6 meals a day over a six month period. But slowly lost motivation as the weight loss declined logarithmically. Now i lost 12kg so far in 14 days and motivation is at an all time high b/c who can beat losing half a kg a day.

Blog post for those who are curious about a first timer.

>First ever fast about to hit 72hrs
>Down 7.5lbs
>I'm 6'2"

Feel mentally/emotionally fine, I am WAY less irritable than I thought I would be. Have only had a brief 3 hour window of this mental clarity/rush yesterday morning. Was bumping music and grooving the whole morning while I was prepping my juice/potions for the day, but of course that faded quickly. There have been several moments where I've been completely content to just start into space for minutes on end.

Physically I'd be lying if I haven't been hungry this entire time with waves of brutal cravings coming and going. I have not had the suppressed hunger people have spoken about in other videos where it just "goes away" after the first day or two. This has been the most difficult part.

Last night I was forced to take a Zantac at 5am, I've never had such bad heartburn before. Woke up still pissing super dark keytones so it was well worth it I think. I believe the issue was too much salt as it was the first day I added baking soda to my ACV potion but I DID NOT adjust my pink salt, putting me at an extra ~540mg of salt for yesterday.

Have had 4 or 5 irregular heartbeats this morning but this is common for me.

I have had ZERO physical activity. I have sat at my desk and played Overwatch for three days because I'm too scared I'll die and my family will come home for the holidays with a dead son and dead dog in the house and that doesn't make for a very merry christmas.

I've been consuming juice and potions.
My Juice: 1tsp Pink salt, 1tsp Nosalt, 1L of water.

Then I take two potions in the morning:
#1 2tbsp ACV + 1tsp Baking soda
#2 6tbsp of lemon juice through a straw.

Truthfully I want to end it, I want to eat chicken wings, but I'm scared to come off it because I don't know if I need to go through a multi-day refeed process or if I just go grab some wings (not spicy) and see what happens. There are mixed results in every thread I read.

Get used to fasting. I could not lift the forst couple of times I did it. Now I can lift after a few days of not eating. Just be carefull, I got black spots while OHP one plate...

start out your refeeds light, with a shitton of vegetables. Constipation isn't fun

you're not going to die
you only die if you lose ALL of your fat and muscle to burn which is fucking hard to do

thx for that user. Always nice to read detailed descriptions.

how many calories should i eat per day when eating just once to really lose weight

Your tdee for maintence. OMAD with calorie restriction is just cico restriction and causes the same problems. Fasting for fat los is fasting for 36+hours.

so its better to eat more than once a day if i want to lose weight?

see (the point isn't to lose weight, it's to think about allah btw)
when I lived in Senegal just walking around was 10x harder because many of the residential streets are basically pure beach sand, constantly in direct sun, 13 degrees above the equator. it took a lot of willpower not to open my mouth in the shower.

still 8 hrs to break my second 72 hr fast but feeling way stronger than the first time and fuller from the refeed. I've been very inspired by that user who's been fasting since beginning of December.

tfw all the mudshits are impressed af that I fast so hard for "no reason"

What does /FAST/ do in your free time while fasting?

>Feel mentally/emotionally fine
Good shit user, if you feel good don't stop... get you some snake potions.

Most recent joe rogan with Dr. Shawn Baker on keto and fasting. WE'RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONIIIIIIING

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0

Depends on the day, today I finished setting up the Christmas tree and I found a nice reggae album to listen to. It was a good day.

Is it true i will gain all the weight back?
(Apart from water weight which is inevitable)

And can i fast with the snake potion shit? Maybe just drop some regular salt in some water and take a multi vitamin?

You need to start reading.

Start here please

Without*

And is it safe to train heavy whilist fasting?

Want to go on a 8 day fast where i only drink 3 proton shakes a day, roughly 700cals 150g protine. Will be doing fasted cardio every morning and lifting every night. Will this maximize fat loss while minimizing mustle loss. Currently on a 1500 cal cut, 1 day fasted per week. Will i stop pooping for 8 days?

You're being lazy and also need to start reading.
All of this information is in the OP or in SNAKEMANS videos.

No more spoonfeeding.

shitpost on /fast/
work out
read comics
organize music events

nice, which album?

that wouldnt be fasting

This one
youtube.com/watch?v=PF8Vgkf-jx0

Tomorrow I'm gonna read something about rastafarianism, I know nothing about the genre, I've always been allergic to it but I'm starting to get it now

your "maintenance" is not what you think it is boyo

>tfw been on a 16/8 fasting diet for a month now
>lost weight and feel a lot better about myself
Fuck yeah
All I need to do now is start working out again (being a student fucking sucks)

what do you think about bulking doing IF? what differences would I notice between it and "standard" bulking?

you overestimated your cals? + water weight

Aight lads. This be my fasting routine. It's fucking golden for a ~18%bf to drop down to nicer levels. It's working like a treat
Sunday 23:1
>train before dinner
>Sunday is family dinner so, lots of food
Monday 23:1
>rest day
>500cal meal that is 4:1 veg to meat
Tuesday 23:1
>train just before dinner
>same 500cal
Wednesday 23:1
>train and 500cal
Thursday 23:1
>Dinner with dad (lots of food)
>rest day
Friday
>soft dry fast
>rest day
Saturday 23:1
>finish the 48 hour fast by eating lots of veggies and fibre, then I go out for dinner with the lads
>train before eating

I drink a snake potion everyday but Friday
(splash of acv, some Cayenne, baking soda for pH)
Snake juice on every day but Friday (1.25L of water with 17g of Lite Salt, Australia doesn't have "no salt") I'll have some plain water at the gym sometimes if it's a hot day but it's primarily snake juice

The health benefits of the fasting/mini dry fast/48hour fast are phenomenal. Used to be a coffee addict, now I haven't touched it in weeks, used to crave sugar, now I couldn't care less about it. Strength is still progressing at the gym (2years lifting). Shedding fat like there's no tomorrow. At about 13% now. I reckon what I'm doing now is optimal for health, weight loss, training and social freedom. The only change I'd make is to train on Monday because of the large calorie intake on Sunday. But who the fuck wants to train on Mondays

Will dryfast get me into keto faster?

ikr? Most of them still stay fat during Ramadan. How's that even possible?

Yes.

To what extent is Jason Fung a scammer? So far as I can tell he's a real doctor in a real institution.

But why is it that few to no other doctors advocate fasting for prolonged periods, and usually you hear about intense muscle loss when on fasts?

Isn't snakeman doing this rn? He has access to free dexa scans so he's going to track his lean gains that way.

Can sniffing food break a fast??????????

how fast

for me it was like 1-2 days

Same for me on snek jus.
I had never been in keto before in 26 years though.

very nice, thank you. enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole.

youtube.com/watch?v=3E2zP5CyLIQ

I had a fat muslim friend, he actually lost weight during ramadan, but gained it all back in like one week

Nice.

Its fine, a week isnt even that long

WHY DID YOU FUCKING POST THAT user I LOOKED AT THE FOOD AND NOW MY FAST IS BROKEN I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY SHITDICK

I'm still fasting maybe u should grow some resiliency

So, if snake man is to be trusted, when you fast you feel cold because more blood is being pumped through the fat cells so they can transform that fat into energy, so that must mean I'm in keto right?

YOU FUCKIGN SAID FOOD

I THOUGHT ABOUT FOOD NOW MY FAST IS BROKEN FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I SAID THE WORD FOOD WHILE LAUGHING AND NOW MY FST IS BROKEN
FUCKEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS

>dry fast for 24 hours and wet fast for another 12
>instantly start pissing out shitload of ketones
Why didn't I start fasting before? This shit is a miracle of god

Thanks man, gonna listen this song's album tomorrow, I really liked it

This. I can't believe the rest of Veeky Forums isn't onto this yet. I didn't even visit these threads until recently and it's changed my whole life.

Update: Halfway through my third day of fasting I feel extremely energetic, the first two days I felt lethargic.

these threads help me explain to people that im not starving myself
i quite literally get attacked by food

How the hell do you manage to explain fasting to people? I literally get bothered like mad.

Just say you're eating on a specific schedule and leave it at that.