Lifting while sick???

I’m super sick and it sucks so much. If I don’t lift today it will mark a full week of not lifting. I’ve been trying to keep my protein high but it’s hard when I don’t want to eat because fuck everything I hate this.

Should I force myself to lift today? I don’t seem to be getting any better and now when I cough it’s all phlegm-y and gross. I’ve lost like a lb of weight and feel like all my gains are leaving me :(

Other urls found in this thread:

springerlink.com/index/52K3154G772473R0.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't lift, fast. Always fast when you're sick. Mirin your butt btw. Mfw my ass still looks 404.

I was just sick for a week. Finally feeling better today. It happens some times. Just rest and make sure you eat enough to maintain.

Dont stress sick body. Stay hydrated and go to a doctor if you are actually "super sick"

it might be doctor time, op

also you don't want to be the gainz goblin at your local gym

but if I was real sick and had a home setup I might get in there and just warm up and see how I felt. if I felt real good, I might go ahead and put a little work in. If not, at least the DOMS won't be as bad when I come back for real.

>Always fast when you're sick
bad advice!

pho and spicy thai soups for upper respiratory tract, BRAT and/or pedialyte for stomach. I actually know a guy who fainted after he didn't eat for a couple days when he caught the flu and had no appetite. Could have hit his head and gotten a concussion, though luckily he did not.

Don’t do it

Don't spread germs at the gym. Do bodyweight exercises at home till you feel better. Curl some chairs, do pushups, do neck curls eith a book on your head, push ups, whatever it takes. Just don't be the faggot who get everyone else sick.

Retard, your resources are diverted to fighting the infection. Even if you do lift you wont be able to move much.

These are guys who give advice on Veeky Forums

I have home gym somewhere under this mess. But I still shouldn’t home gym while sick?

>Retard, your resources are diverted to fighting the infection.
This. If you push a patient too far you risk exacerbating their injuries. If you feel like sleeping it's almost always a good idea to heed what your body is telling you and get some rest.

May be a good thread for this - I’m a type one diabetic and have been lifting for a month thus far. I’m meeting with my doctor next month but I wanted to know, does lifting spike bloodsugar or make me insulin resistant? Sometimes when I get back from the gym I have a much higher bloodsugar than I thought I would but quickly see a dive. I saw a warning online that said I shouldn’t lift it I’m above 250 with no further explanation.

Also, if there’s any other diabetics here, what do you keep with you in case you have a drop at the gym? Been keeping a juice pouch but I may get sugar tabs

t. Pancreaslet

also good taste in barbells and neal stephenson novels

The advice started out fine but then fucked up by saying to do something else.

Do nothing, if you’re “really” sick, whatever the fuck that means, your only focus should be on recovery.

But sick in this generation means having a cracked nail so maybe you should just harden up you soft little cunt.

Fuck yeah! The diamond age is actually my favorite book. Still haven’t finished reamde though lol

Guy is a genius. Also I love my barbell even if it bites me

It's you again!

Wait is this you wtf

Are you a trap? wtf

london

If your up to it lift. It can make you feel better to exercise. Rest, food and water are key for getting over a sickness so it's up to you if your really sick or kind of sick.

i literally developed severe pneumonia and was still training up until the day i had to go to the ER cause i couldnt breathe

youre bein a pussy

Have you ever considered the fact that you're retarded?

Either that guy was severely malnourished and dehydrated to begin with, or it wasn't a true fast. Fasting allows your body to heal, instead of diverting energy to digesting food, it's able to focus on the illness. Visit /FAST/ and check the links in the OP. I can fast 48 hours on snake juice and then do hiit cardio with no dizziness.
Sorry for sharing my two cents. It's not like I was giving lifting advice.

lol what

I kinda don’t feel up to it. Very tired and weak. Just doing light housework I have to take frequent breaks to sit and drink water. But it worries me that I’m losing all my gains. Feels like I’m losing gains. My quads don’t feel as hard anymore

Maybe there’s something to this, but I’m a good as medicine type and definitely won’t be fasting

Don't go to the gym, you don't want someone sick touching the equipment. Please OP! Don't do it, I love you!

springerlink.com/index/52K3154G772473R0.pdf

This Google scholar link says that for upper respiratory infections, colds, and "neck-up" flu symptoms, it's beneficial to do light to moderate exercise. Significant number of studies point to benefits of general exercise, weightlifting, cardio, saunas, during colds. Provided you get solid diet and tons of rest. And water, drink above and beyond your normal water intake. That's what I do when I have the cold.

If that's you in the OP, you've posted before. Stop this fucking calorie restriction, I told you it wasn't gonna work

if your sugar is too high before workout, it will go higer during your workout, this is because you lack insulin and all the glucose in your bloodstream can't get to cells while you work out, but cells need sugar to operate so the liver releases its glycogen because body is signaling that it needs energy, so the bloodsugar rises cause liver releases glycogen but still there isnt any insulin to let the sugar get to the cell

Are you on a calorie restriction? You're just going to starve yourself OP. Fast. Even just OMAD. You'll be surprised with the results. I'm losing weight daily, it's like magic. And I eat a lot. Don't worry about losing gains, you won't. The body isn't dumb, it will utilize your glycogen and fat before eating your muscles.

good advice

>Fasting allows your body to heal, instead of diverting energy to digesting food,
ah yes, all that energy that goes toward digesting food, this must be why eating constantly makes me lose weight, who knew

Of course you're going to lose weight at a caloric deficit with exercising. But it's nothing compared to fasting. You can eat the same amount of calories a day with your regular meals a snacks while fasting and lose even more weight.

Yeah that’s me. I’m not even tracking calories right now, and trying to work hard to eat all I can to prevent from losing muscle mass. I have no appetite when I’m sick and I’m losing weight even trying to stuff my face.

Yesterday I ate 9 eggs