I spend around $4-450 a month on groceries. What does your monthly bill look like...

I spend around $4-450 a month on groceries. What does your monthly bill look like? How sinuous budget to spend less money?

i steal my food so $0
delicious organic grassfed beef and high quality vegetables everyday, what a blessing

Lurking because I'm moving out soon and need to budget.

0 because im a neet living with my grandma

At least 500 a month. Food is expensive in canada.

What's your average shopping list like? I'm in the UK and spend about £150-175/month on food, eating about 4000kcals a day

Maybe 700-800$ for 3 people. Also in Canada

Veeky Forums I'm about to go on another cut. Is $50 a week on groceries doable?

Usually around $500 for my fiance and I. We're trying to get it down a bit closer to $400, though.

Could you give some more details? What do you buy, what store? I'm from the UK too and I struggle to get 3000calories/day in under 30 pounds per week from my Asda shops

€150 a month

Ontario ?
Pass over your weekly shopping list if you don't mind

Alberta.

Tons of spinach, chicken, whole wheat bread, eggs, fruit, oats, also including supps, protein bars, litres and lites of whole milk, lots of Greek yogurt, rice, cheese, oats, peanut butter ect. Also eat out a few times a week.

around 150 bucks a month. I eat 400-500g of oats a day with rest of my meals, so it´s cheap and some would say boring.

how?

Same. Around 120-150€ a month and I eat quite a lot, various meals a day + plenty of fruit and veggies.

>Find cheaper substitutes for the macros you're looking for
>Buy less meat and consider substituting some of the protein from meat with legumes. Lentils + rice are a great, tasty combo with some extra protein.
>Buy by price of weight (as in $x/lb, not by the price of the package (as in $x/piece).
>Buy what you can in bulk or family packs (toiletry, grains, milk, etc.).
>Find the cheapest supermarkets for each good, you might want to go to 2-3 supermarkets depending on what you're buying.
>Make a shopping list and stick to it, don't buy anything you don't need. Forget sweets, sugary beverages, etc.
>Drink tap water.
>Take advantage of monthly offers
>also goods about to expire can have great deals - remember that the expiry date doesn't really mean anything and you can eat so many things past their expiry date, such as bread or yogurt. Tuna for example in a can of 1kg (~2 lbs) will be 30-40% cheaper than in small 120gr cans. It says eat in 2-3 days if refrigerated but it's just bull if it's in oil. This applies to a lot of food stuff.
>Frozen vegetables are great if you want to save a bit of money there.
>Make stuff like peanut butter from scratch if you have the necessary equipment. I save 50% (3.20€/kg for peanuts vs >6.50€/kg store bought peanut butter) in my peanut butter only, with the added benefit of knowing what is in the peanut butter and it being 100% peanuts, not 90% + 10% of stuff you don't want.

I have a rule of thumb that I follow almost all the time: don't buy anything that costs >6€/kg. Only on rare occasions will I breach this rule. I manage to eat plenty with quite a low budget.

I spend around 250€ a month as a vegan. Lentils are cheap ;D

$4 - $450?

How the FUCK DO you only spend $4 some months?

TELL US YOUR SECRETS FAG

will i be able to live comfortably on 1200/month in Kingston,Ontario ? (PhD student escaping a 3rd world shithole )

*191cm,122kg, eats like a bear.

$400-$450......

>191cm,122kg, eats like a bear
If you wouldn't be eating too much you wouldn't be as fat as you are

100$ a month because i live on a farm

>$0-$infinity
It means not less than 0

>not living with mum
I just buy one sweet dumpling a week.
Some months mum gets angry and I have to pay for myself (she also refuses to give me milky >:-( ) so I'm a good boy for a while then (I do the washing up, make my bed, poo in the toilet etc.) but once she says I'm good I just go bad again ;-P

>living in kingston voluntarily

god save your soul, thats worse than living in hamilton

I spend about $500 on average for three adults and one kid.

Our biggest expense is obviously meat, but chicken breast is far cheaper than lean beef by volume here.

13% BF

LEARN TO COOK

I do basically all my shopping at Tescos cos I get free delivery this year from some voucher.

Carbs: Buy dry goods in bulk, the 3kg bags of pasta, 5kg bags of rice and such. A couple of loaves of cheap, seeded bread last for a week (16 slices is £1.10 with ~110kcal per slice). In my evening meal I'll eat around 220 grams of pasta or rice (~750-800kcals), which costs peanuts. I often have a stick of garlic bread with this (~60p, 700kcals) to up the calories. Oats are great for breakfast or for blending in shakes and are also stupidly cheap. Wraps are cheap + good for lunches, fill them with leftovers from last night.

Drinks - I drink water or whole milk, between 1-3 pints of whole milk a day (milks is stupidly cheap for what you get macro wise)

Veg- Frozen bags of peas, sweetocorn, peppers, broccoli, french beans etc - all very cheap and lasts better if you're lazy like me and just get a delivery once a week. Tinned tomatoes, lentils, beans and chickpeas are other staples, and all cost very little. Carrots are always cheap, I usually buy some lettuce as well to go in wraps

Protein/dairy- You're main expense. Eggs are cheap, I'll usually eat around 15-20 a week. Mince is quite cheap and depending on the fat content, very calorific. I never buy meat if it is more than £5/kg. Tinned tuna is relatively cheap as well, as is tinned sardines or mackerel. Greek yoghurt is cheap and relatively calorific and high in protein.

Fruit- Just buy what's in season, I mainly stick to apples, pears and bananas, then softer fruit over the summer.

My average day would be something like bran flakes, raisins and milk in the morning, eggs on toast or wraps/leftovers for lunch, then pasta/rice with some sort of meat sauce (curry, bolognase, chilli), garlic/naan bread and a pint of milk for dinner. I basically only buy unprocessed foods and cook, and 2 days/wk I'm veggie - meat is the most expensive thing I buy.

Oh boy, that doesen't good, but i don't really have a choice,
is it possible to work illegally in that area, say like in farm maybe ?

About £60 desu.

I spend roughly £15 a week on chicken and rice from Aldi. That's pretty much 80-90% of my diet rn. If I include seasoning, it'll bump it up a couple quid though.

Yes. I don't know how much it is where you live, but I get 1kg packs of Chicken Drumsticks for £1.79, and single packs of microwaveable rice for 42p.

If I ate 3 meals of this a day, that would add up to ~£15.08 p/w. Usually 2 packs of chicken last me about 4 days.

Maybe $150 and a month

I do intermittent fasting and OMAD at the same time, it's actually quite expensive. Back in the before Veeky Forums days I would just buy 7 chilos of potatos a week and I would spend like 40 quid a month on foor

I just buy cheap fatty meats and almost bad shrimp from the asian market when it goes on sale for 3bux/lb
Thanks keto for dropping my food budget from 300$/mo to less than 100$

I'm perplexed by anyone that spends more than 120€ a month on groceries in Germany. Like what are you people buying? I've lived on half that comfortably.