Kek every time
youtube.com/watch?v=8Bp16H4rSLw

>jerk it
>every single one does a push press

>your average american lifter

super shitty cleans

>nice

jesus christ this is awful

This is easily one of the most Park City videos I've ever seen. Bunch of rich assholes with no knowledge or time impressing each other with fake bullshit.

>

wwhat

>that 'clean' with a mixed grip
what the fuck

>not bending the bar

Standard Strongman technique. The difference being that these people are not strong.

>continental clean
hm interesting, I always thought that was just crossfitters being retarded cause I've only seen it in crossfit cringe videos

It's pretty rare for top level strongmen to be cleaning barbells in competitions (even fat ones that would necessitate a mixed grip) so I'm not surprised.

youtube.com/watch?v=8dzoTi7Zr4E
used for those thick axle bars as you can't conventionally clean them

>'clean' it onto your fat belly, change grip as it sits there, then press it

top kek

Wow i have been weightlifting for 5 years now and cant put up 140kg like those dyels wtf is going on. And why the mixed grip instead of a hook grip, when you have to change grip at the 2nd half of the exercise?

>140kg

those aren't 45lb plates they're probably like 10lb each

@43904931

>2:20
>when even the gym dog wants out

>@

is this bait ?

No.

pretty sure those are the rubber 10LB weights ore something simmilar.

he forgot to squat

my god that press

i'm dying

>a whole group of people have the time to watch this guy and count his "reps"
wtf is this community

ty regards rotator cuffs

>mfw he's wearing crocks

>triggered eurofag

I'm so confused, is this a group for victims of abuse, or rape, or a church group, or anything related? Surely it cant be a lifting group

how fucked can you be that they can jerk it ober their head but not clean the weight? the clean is always the easy part for me, more/bigger muscles involved

what a fuckin asshole

he already lost one leg

Is....is he wearing crocs?

I'm crying

is it satire?

Why are american commentators the absolute worst

how did they deload it?

>youtube.com/channel/UCg1HMNQ94Ba1rH6JZueBcag
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
people still think the guy is natural ffs

>that fucking intro song
youtube.com/watch?v=83FPjWYbA3k

They're doing cleans with an axel bar. It's way thicker and it doesn't spin which turns it into a completely different lift than a standard clean.

Their technique is still pretty bad but it's not quite as terrible as it looks. Strongmen competitors do them.

They're doing continental cleans with an axle bar, not standard olympic style cleans. Using a mixed grip with that bar is standard technique.

see

>womeme

The announcer is British not American.

Likely it's 100 lbs at the most dues to 10 lb rubber plates and that lightweight bar

was he using a belt for

i actually fucking laughed out loud

let's be real, it's fucking 9 plate. The fact he even unracked it is pretty impressive

That accent is in no way american.

and they give the weight in "kilos", whatever the fuck those are.

intentional overloading is a thing. this isn't that cringy.

>this video gets posted
>12 responses
>no one mentions these are correct lifts
You fucking retards in this you’re all rookies who doesn’t know shit about weightlifting. What they’re doing is called a “continental clean” and it’s a correct lift for cleaning an axel bar which is a really thick bar you can’t wrap your hands around like a normal clean
Granted the press part was shit but you should all kys

why does he pay for memberships to 3 gyms, and he has a gym and equipment at home too.

No it isn't, holding shit on your shoulders is beyond easy.

Even when my squat was only 3pl8 I could do 700lbs on a yoke and walk with it.

>ctrl+F "continental clean"
>3 results
nice try

That garbage is a continental clean like my ass is the fucking moon.

>doing a continental clean with 20lbs and no power belly

The lift is meant for fucking 6'8", 350lb strongmen, not twiggy retarded crossfitters.

It's real, but only meant for use with hundreds of lbs of weight. Look at any press medley in a strongman comp for a proper demonstration.

>The lift is meant for fucking 6'8", 350lb strongmen, not twiggy retarded crossfitters.
Who fucking gives a shit who it's for.
10 foot basketball hoops are made for 6'7" dudes, does that mean no one should play basketball?
Fuck the autism of people really just pisses me off, just because they aren't strongmen doesn't mean they can't fucking try some of the techniques. I guess unless you look like a bodybuilder you shouldn't bodybuild.

These are regular people trying out strongmen lifts. Who gives a shit what level of fitness they are they're trying it out, they're not representing america for the next international strongman meet, there's no reason to be such cunts.

> these are regular people trying out 300lb squats. Who gives a shit if their coaches applaud as they wrench it upwards in a side-to-side twisting motion?
alligatordeathroll.gif

Yeah most of Veeky Forums are a bunch of elitist retards, but its still cringe because they destroyed a perfectly good bar for no real reason when they could have used a yoke or something.

whats this excercise called?

Those are 10 pound bumper plates you fucking idiot

Oi baka, you are the one who wanted to put it in perspective. If the normies are struggling with the weight and lifting it improperly it follows that the lift is dangerous / harmful for them no matter how much it weighs right?
You are the kid the teacher had to spend extra time on huh? Is that why you started lifting?

>HEY EVERYONE I'LL BE DOING OVERHEAD CARRIES

Go look at ANY fucking strongman vid and tell me any lift they do is safe. Any lift.

Every lift by any beginner looks like they're going to fucking injure themselves. I lift with a friend who is new and any conventional lift it looks like he tries his hardest to make it look like he's going to die lifting the weight.

There's no fucking way to make a continental clean look safe. Go ahead and try it. But I can tell you it's not as unsafe as it looks it's just awkward as all fucking hell. You're just being an elitist retard just like all the other cunts here.

No you dumb fuck, you lower the weight. There are three goddamn factors in proper execution of a weight-lifting movement:
1) Form
2) Strength Level
3) Experience
From lifting goddamn boxes to doing curls in the gym, these are your very basic basics. What you are excusing, you damn rube, is a lack in strength level. If your friend is too weak to lift 300lbs safely, then he should life 285 and do accessories to buff his weak points until he can progress - not blow out his fucking spine ego-lifting. Christ. What kind of friend are you, honestly?

Editing on point though

t. dyel

Why are you so angry and wrong at the same time user?

Why the hell did you assume we max out? I tell him everything to do shit properly, he just makes 10 reps look like he's going to fucking die because he's a fucking noob and they make conventional lifts look awkward since they haven't developed that clean muscle memory of experienced lifters.

None of those people in the vid are anywhere near a weight where they can blow out a spine. Pull a muscle sure, you can do that with any lift. Let me ask you this, out of all the injuries you've had or any injuries any friends have had, when did they get it? I'm going to assume it was during something with reps, and not a max out. Any time I've pulled something or a friend injure themselves it was never during a max out. I've been training on and off for 10 years and I've talked to many people, out of all the injuries I've heard about, none of them were on a 1 or 2 rep max. Obviously this is anecdotal evidence, but I've talked to a lot of people in my time lifting and it's pretty convincing for me that most injuries happen during routine lifts.

When he started benching .5 plate...

You watched the video right? The female "coach" clearly says "this is a PR" indicating a max. I understand we've drifted away from the vid a bit, but I did not understand we drifted so far as to where we were not talking about the proper way an individual should lift weight that is significantly difficult for them. I.e. their max or close to it.

I thought the title of the video declaring “worst weightlifting video in the history of weightlifting” would be over the top... I was completely wrong.

>Every lift by any beginner looks like they're going to fucking injure themselves.
U wot. Maybe you have spent too much time doing retarded shit, but if you can't perform a lift with proper form you're supposed to accept the failure and stop. Or retry with lower weight. Doing a move with shit form is just an easy way to injure yourself.

>he thinks PR = 1RM
Do you even know what it stands for? Lel

Show me the clean way to do a continental lift. I'll wait for the vid.

You guys think its so unsafe because it looks awkward as fuck. Actually go to a gym and do some lifts before you judge. Continental cleans are not as unsafe as you guys seem to have in your head.

Here, let me post some vids to trigger you pansies.

youtube.com/watch?v=rjRdRUr-1G0
youtube.com/watch?v=TpnKAslWENI

*autistic screeching* UNSAFE
*autistic screeching* EGO LIFT
*autistic screeching* FORM REEEEE

holy fuck i havent laughed this hard in months, thanks Veeky Forums

This entire post is so fucking right holy shit

Help me out, I might be legitimately confused. Is your personal record / personal best (PR) on a lift not also the maximum you can lift for one rep (1rm)? Please let me know if I've been wrong about that.

> post a video of a roidcell who has been training his (impressive) body for +10 years to justify the dangerous, spine wrecking, lifts being performed by sub-novices.
The bait is getting hard to chew user...

>dangerous, spine wrecking, lifts being performed by sub-novices.

Again you guys are making the lift way more dangerous than it actually is. Actually go out there and do the lift. If you did you wouldn't be making these moronic comments. Or maybe you would cause you're all a bunch of pussies and think anything that isn't a conventional lift is dangerous.

flabatar the last barbender

>not the other faggot
A pr can be anything you want it to be. Like 405x5 on squat can be a pr or 225x15 on bench. A 1rm is a pr, but a pr isn't always a 1rm.
>roidcell
Guaranteed that you haven't lifted for more than 2 years.
>get a load of this fucking guy

KEK

On point 1, gotcha, ty for info. I have a pretty simple mindset towards progression; I normally lift as much as I can as often as possible, and take a day or two off to heal when my max drops. Been progressing on all lifts steadily that way up until my 285lb squat fail. I weight 175lbs btw.

On point 2, it is a known fact that the Boogz roids right? It's not a secret or anything. Not sure how we had a disconnect on that point...

I've no doubt this guy is strong as fuck, and could easily do more real pullups than me, but why the fuck does he choose to do these spastic momentum swings?

He wants to be Zyzz so bad

He's said multiple times in vids, and even made a vid exclusively about it that he doesn't roid.

Lots of people don't believe him but I do. He seems like a genuine guy after watching a lot of his vids and he also built a lot of size in college. There are some guys out there that gain size without roids and bugz just looks like one of those guys. The fact that he's been lifting so long and seems to be immune to injuries helps me believe that even more. He's a genetic freak.

On this point you an I just disagree. I'm sure we could deliver into science and expert opinions and shit, but in the end it wouldn't really matter.
I'm a form fag. I've been present while others snapped shit, and I have a few injuries myself (shoulder, rib, low back, knee, foot) and in my experience, snaps have always come as a result of ego-lifting or shit form.
The same way that old folks fuck up their backs lifting kids off the floor, a person could fuck themselves up on a kiddie weight OHP.
So for a newb to ego-lifting with shit form seems like buying a monogrammed ticket to snap city; especially when all they would have to do to increase safety is to lower the weight or practice the form. Is that not sensible somehow?

This is the kind of bait I like. The kind that makes me take a step back and think.

>175
>285 squat
>has to be told the difference between a 1rm and a pr
It would be surprising if bugenhagen was on roids. His lifts aren't insane for the amount of work and passion he puts into them. His body isn't shredded or huge in any way (compared to long time lifters) and his body is also really reminiscent of old timey strongmen. He's also been lifting for 17 years I think he said?
Tldr: the only person you have the right to say is roiding is Piana

HOLY FUCK THE FUCKING BABBYBAR AT 2:42 ONWARDS, MY SIDES

>that strict press for a world record
fuck that's impressive.

>43905018
Newfie doesn't understand refusing to give a (you)

In Crossfit (AKA CrosShit) they go for quantity, not quality.
>.t former crossfag