Wasting all your valuable time and effort on this "sport"

>wasting all your valuable time and effort on this "sport"

Let's be real here.

Any sport that requires you to literally be a pudgy unathletic ogre is not a real sport.
Powerlifting is a sport for failed athletes looking to be competitive in something.

NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY, watches this sport outside of people that actually practice it.

The movements themselves require very little athleticism, skill or give any room for athletic improvisation like any REAL sport does.
A baby can mimic the movements with complete precision.

>b-but I can deadlift 6 plates!

Congratulations, you got decent at an Olympic Weightlifting accessory movement.

What's next?

>I c-can bicep curl 2 plates!!

Powerlifting is a sport for the unathletic, the impatient, and the lazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtu.be/I5bMH4Qeepw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Woah be careful about those edges buddy, you might cut yourself.

Yeah that's why it's so popular in Murica

Are THESE the kind of people you envision when you think "sports" "athletes" "performance"?

Because in powerlifting, this is exactly the case.

It is an advantage to be grossly overweight and unhealthy.

McDonalds is an athletic diet for powerlifters

it's just pushing your body to its limits in a different way why are you so bitter?

t. deadlifts 2 plates

>NOBODY, watches this sport outside of people that actually practice it.
If people actually practices sports they followed the would would be a better place.

Let me get this straight:

Becoming a fat fuck is pushing your body to the limits, as a sport

A deadlift is not a oly accessory movement.
Clean and snatch pulls are very different to deadlifts.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

This ruins the powerlifter

You're right
but i dont do powerlift to show im some elite athelete, i do it because i enjoy it.
although forking out the money to get coaching and competing is dumb

YAAAAAAWWWWWNNN

>Any sport that requires you to literally be a pudgy unathletic ogre is not a real sport.
Powerlifting is weightclassed just like Olympic you baiting faggot

>NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY, watches this sport outside of people that actually practice it.
If you watch any sports you're a failure.

>athletic improvisation like any REAL sport does.
You do now that every athlete, whatever field they may do, spends some time in the gym every day? From footballers to gymnast, to swimmers and spearthrowers.
The gainz made are just too good to pass up.

Dont worry dude. Elite powerlifters do it because they genuinely enjoy powerlifting

It's nothing to them. Walk in the park. The fact that you're obsessing about how "popular" something has to be just so you can pursue it is already a guarantee that you shouldn't even be on this fuckin board in the first place.

Being a slave to the opinion of people and popularity?

Yeah, you'll never make it. Either that or you're a teenager. If so, plenty time to realize that doing something because you love it will attract the right kind of people to you. You don't need to take up some normie sport just so you can get chicks meanwhile you're wondering why the fuck you're training in the first place.

>The fact that you're obsessing about how "popular" something has to be just so you can pursue it is already a guarantee that you shouldn't even be on this fuckin board in the first place.

He only had one sentence about the popularity of powerlifting.. I think you're obsessing over that one sentence a bit too much

thread is bait. op is bait. but ill bite.

This pretty much.

Aside from the superheavy's its a strict competitive advantage in PL to have as much "usefull" mass on your body at the lowest weight class possible.

This encourages a healthy body composition which encourages a healthy diet/lifestyle. Also is better for manlets. haha.

But yeah OP is garbo and just baiting. Probably is literally a PLer himself.

>healthy diet/lifestyle

Don't pretend for one fucking second the community encourages this.
At their best (which is still pitiful) they advocating macro counting

THAT'S IT

You LITERALLY have a coach who tells new lifters to drink a GALLON of milk

>healthy

LMFAO at delusions

This is the lbs for lbs strongest powerlifter in the world, his physique is better than most other athletes.

It alæ depends on which weight class, you dingus

only blue pilled morons believe PLing is primarily 350 pound guys pulling 8 pl8 deads and drinking lard after their workouts.

And rip is not a PL coach. hes a general strength and conditioning coach. and the gallon of milk is only for the underweight.

>still chewing this bait.

>i know youre a fucking PLer

>5'4

he looks average, sorry. I do belive brett is natty tho, but if you compare him to oly lifters (pyrros dimas comes to mind, probably not natty) powerlifters look like shit.

>tfw no qt powerlifting gf

It's lifting more than the other guy, more than you did yesterday. Physical appearance is incidental.

Why do you even care what they do... if they like it then just let them be, go take your virgin rage out on child molesters or something else repugnant.

Who cares what they look like?
God, what a total loser.

>It is an advantage to be grossly overweight and unhealthy.
Only in the super heavy weight class where they have unlimited weight cap

There is strongman athletes that are180kg body weight with abs lmao

omg, it looks so fucking retarded.
Great post.

if you end up looking like shit to do monolifts compared to looking good and being more athletic tby doing oly i don't see why would you ever pick powerlifting over oly. Powerlifting doesn't promote athleticism and the point of whoever posted brett is that lower weight classes are "athletic", which isn't always true.

>b-but I can deadlift 6 plates!
>Congratulations, you got decent at an Olympic Weightlifting accessory movement.
proof you know nothing lmao

>I do belive brett is natty
ahhaah yeah sure

oh sure "he" only had one sentence.

OP just remember that the reason why you're saying "nobody cares about powerlifting, why do it?!" is you being driven by people's opinion. Let go. Do what you want to do (within reason).

People complaining that powerlifting will never be taken seriously and be an "Olympic" sport are the people who really don't know why the fuck they're squatting, benching and deadlifting in the first place. Notice the top athletes that place in the IPF Worlds don't have a shred of doubt of what they're doing because they genuinely passionately love it.

lol has it ever occurred to you that some people love the powerlifting movements and competing and the atmosphere around it?

They literally revolve their lifestyle around work, powerlifting and if its both then that's their entire existence (like owning a powerlifting gym and being a coach).

Life flies by fast user. Why are you obsessing about what people wanna do with their lives? You're obviously an amateur by the way you sound. I can tell you've barely made consistent progress in the gym.

It's hard enough to train your body to be able to lift decent weights, some people just want to have burgers and fries and not look lean.

10/10 made me reply

>comparing the best of the best man who has trained his entire life with the best coaches in the world
>to a literal woman doing a hobbyist sport

I agree 100%. I still enjoy lifting though.

jokes on you i do oly
>inb4 autistic

Rip even admits his knowledge on nutrition isn't the best.

based
seething

Yea honestly why would you push and degrade your body over time pushing the limits of strength and power and then never actually put it into practice. It's hilarious, go play a sport and put that shit to use, something like rugby directly benefits from this.

Post your fucking body then faggot.

This. In fact, deadlift is frequently not part of a WL program precisely because the movement is close enough to a clean pull that it ingrains bad movement patterns.

SS is not a powerlifting program. It's a football S+C program for athletes returning from off season.

>Any sport that requires you to literally be a pudgy unathletic ogre is not a real sport

I mean that's all true but here you are shitposting about it on a Chinese cartoon message board

Where are the WLers hitting 1000lb+ squats?
youtu.be/I5bMH4Qeepw

>all these butthurt replies

>fat unathletic ogre

that's why i just do bench, curls, pullups, and lateral raises, aka chadlifting

all form, no function

Man you would have had a genuine argument had you not said 'A baby can mimic the movements with COMPLETE PRECISION'

Babies have a hard time sticking their own hands in their mouths, you know this is absolutely bullshit.

Thanks for posting that image. This is just a testimony to the difference between powerlifting and bodybuilding. When a powerlifter cuts down and gets lean. The muscle size, muscle quality, density, conditioning, and overall look is not the same as somebody who trains to be as big and as muscular as they can.

After a certain point, powerlifting is more about the skill and technique of lifting weights than it is about building muscle.

Pic related. Jason Gallant. Lifetime natty bodybuilder. Weighing in at over 200 lbs with abs at 5'8".

>Any sport that requires you to literally be a pudgy unathletic ogre is not a real sport.
Holy shit nigger do you know what American football is? Linemen are fat, it's part of their job description, but NOBODY would argue that they're not athletic. And tons of people watch football. I'm not saying powerlifters are athletes, I'm saying get a better argument than "They're fat"

a baby can squat, pick things up and push things away

it is mechanically imposed in their dna

>NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY, watches this sport outside of people that actually practice it.
I have always wondered why Americans are so obsessed with sports they dont play. It's funny to me that people will gather in large groups to watch football games, but they never gather to actually play the sport. They all act so passionate about the games and the teams, but most have not played football since being a kid.

Not defending powerlifting, but I cant say I'd watch a sport I didnt play and was interested in.

You can't watch something for entertainment?

Can you not read a book if you are not a writer?

>Lifetime natty
Sure thing buddeh

No argument here, powerlifting is a sport by lifters for lifters, its not to make money or to get famous, its about competing in something you love doing.

agree on almost everything, but lifting for aesthetics is even worse