Squats

Pain here when I do squats. Never goes away, even if I take a break for two weeks. What am I doing wrong? Did I catch aids in the locker room?

Is it swollen? Does it hurt if you push it with your hand? Does it hurt if you stand on one leg and do various leg movements with the other leg? Is it a muscular pain? A tendon pain? Are your hip bones fine? Did you get any xrays/MRI to help diagnose? What do I look like to you, a fucking doctor? Go to a fucking medical facility.

Poor hip abducter flexibility. Foam roll it and stretch more. Do paused squats at lighter weight. Get squat shoes. Make sure your toes are pointed outward on your squat.

I had that issue when I first started too.

I had a similar experience a while back, but more on the inner part of the leg. Try going down slowly and keeping your knees parallel with your feet, it worked for me.

could be a hernia get it checked out buddeh

I don't have pain but I kinda start collapsing in that area when I squat. And I don't even do heavy weights, like 80kg. And I can do seated leg push with 180kg. I tried to better my form or understand what am I doing wrong but nothing has changed. Maybe it's just not for me (and you).

This is worst case scenario, if it feels raised, tender, or kinda bloated, or you have digestive trouble get it fucking checked, shit's fucked.

if not follow previous anons advice.

close your stance and don't go so deep, just hit parallel after descending slowing and hold it at parallel, do this so you may make up for lost rom and still get a great burn and muscle breakdown in your legs

This guy right here is right. I have the same issue in just my left groin/hip if I don't keep it stretched & stop squatting. Do pic related, can put a hand on front knee if need stabilizing, lean forward with the hips and keep your back vertical or lean back in unison for a deeper stretch.

Probably that your obliques are weak (they stabilise you during the squat) and therefore and the hip flexor is overcompensating for that weakness.

Had this exact thing, it was too high to be be a real hernia. Turns out i had put a smole hole in the fascia of the muscle. Doesnt really effect me anymore, nuthing they can do really. But get checked

This could be a whole lot of issues from impingement, your unique bone structure, bad form, injury history, poor mobility, imbalances, all kinds of shit.

Tell us more details and we can help.

but id tell you immediately to improve your form and experiment with different stances. (sometimes the head of the femur and its insertion point can vary quite a lot between individuals so you may need a more narrow, oly style squat stance to let it move freely without impingement.)

could also be a strain or other minor injury. time off will help.

but yeah wed need more info to narrow shit down. lots of complicated shit can be going on to cause that type of pain.

Also do what he said with foot form and doing other general abductor stretches, that one just worked best for me. If you're lucky it will go away completely focusing on stretches and form. If you slip up or take a break from squats in your routine make sure you keep stretching or else you will feel it again coming back to squats in my experience.

Sounds like your bout to have a hernia user all your guts are going to collapse into your ball sack god speed friend

thanks, thats probably it. my hip is not flexible in general.

it never hurts outside the squat rack, it's not swollen, it's not red, I can move witthout problems, I don't think it's a hernia. but thanks for bringing that up

Well in my experience, this type of issue is usually impingement in the hip joint.

I'd start working on mobility movements for the hip, some soft tissue work with a little lacrosse ball, I'd take some time off to let things heal up, and I'd dial your form in until it's good and pain free.

You can find all sorts of quality form tips on youtube from Alan Thrall, Brian Alsruhe, and mark rippetoe.

Again I stress, experiment with a narrow stance and possibly try out high bar. Your bone structure may inhibit you from doing wider stance squatting. but thats just something to mess with. dont take it as the word of god.

GL

check your ankle flexibility. could be impingement on ankles and ur hip is compensating.

OP here again I googled hernia and my pain is not in the typical hernia location, it's very low around the base of my thigh (green), not close to my belly (blue). it's definetly below the base of my dick and balls

will do thx

This meme shit didn’t work for me OP. It’s possible you have FAI. In that case you may not be able to squat, next time just try and staying at parallel, don’t go any lower.

How low do you go when you squat btw?

I have a friend whos 29 and has arthritis in his hips, started like you said and progressed to constant pain.

Listen to him. Also, pay extra attention to your knee position relative to your feet. Press your knees out.

I think i had exactly the same shit OP, are you warming up enough?

Also i started feeling the pain when i was driving.