Anyone here lift and smoke pot regularly?

Anyone here lift and smoke pot regularly?

Is it possible to conciliate weed smoking with lifting and dieting?

I've been a smoker for 2 years now, always did some quite hard cardio (biking and skateboarding) after or before smoking, but now im quite depressed state of my life, gained some slob again and wanting to go back to lifting weights (i did it for 2 years like 5 years ago).

i smoke like 2~3 joints a day.

pls be kind.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0022519383902552
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vape it and don't succumb to munchies, eat some celery :^)

just saw that last night, it's definitely not actually a joint right?

>smoking weed everyday
>not being depressed

pick one

It is a joint Arnold smoked all the time
Idk about that user I was very depressed long before I started smoking. I was diagnosed with disthymia for me it's either smoke weed a few times a week or be on SSRIs for the rest of my life.

Been doing it for 4 months
Cutted a month
Smoke allmost erryday
Its allright i make decent gains.
When i got munchies i eat fruit. Try to find some Sweet stuff that has much protein.
Also try to sleep enough.

But not smoking is always better

cut it down to once every 2 weeks, thats what i do

yeah the fucking munchies that killed me in the last few months.

cute gf travelled to israel for 6 months, then came back just to say thats was lefting me for a guy she met there.

women are the absolute epitome of scum.

yes, I smoke weed somewhat regularly and follow a pretty strict diet, as well as work out multiple times daily through gym/sports

Nah it was a dick move but you should better yourself.
Had a similair situation few months ago. If you lift and make progress you will be better.

Also banged my ex few weeks ago. The lifting was absolutely worth it. So start now

Nah I graduated middle school a while ago, not lame enough to smoke pot

>2017
>still smoking the marijuanated Jew

It's like you want to be an IRL zika pepe
Any wonder commiefornia and leftists never shut up about de Erb? De Peaceful Erb that shuts down your violent and masculine reactions and renders you a passive, good little goy that won't complain or get up and do something when his people are fucked in the ass

Weed is awesome for eating and sleeping but eat or vape it.

First post best post. I switched to a volcano years ago and it's still in perfect condition meanwhile I've dropped more pipes/bongs than I remember, and my lung capacity has improved. It's a bit autistic but I do 30 minutes of yoga on Wii Fit vaping every day. Today my wii fit trainer had cute bangs.

Celery + hot sauce or if you've got enough calories left.. crunchy peanut butter

I used to, Christmas is fucking hell.
>dealers leave town on holiday
>or just run straight the fuck out of product
>everyone wants to smoke big in the holidays because they think it's cool
>I'm sitting here wasting away because I can't hit my 4k calories a day without being physically ill
>sleep pattern is fucked
I'll be the first to admit I'm an addict and weed is my crutch. I just genuinely dislike the person I am when I'm not stoned, I'm unmotivated, unfocused angsty and generally have trouble even getting out of bed. The funny thing is when I'm high I feel like I could and should be able to do all these things sober. But then I come down and it's just "nah, CBF."
So yea, I go hard all year at the gym and then lose all my gains in December/January due to resource scarcity.

This. Get a couple wax cartridges. They'll change your life.

I used to smoke a lot but got tired of it. It's a saying that "if you smoke, you do only that and nothing else". After i quit i've finally managed to do shit. If i feel down one day i pop some phenibut

Not complaining is a bad thing? Stfu you passive aggressive little bitch.

vaping weed is better. I use a magic flight launch box but even better is those oil cartridges.
Yea don't use weed as a vice for depression.
Smoking pre-workout helps me most of the time. I feel like I can focus on my lifts better.
It might help mentally but weed won't do anything for you physically.

Tbh, I think clean bulking is only possible while being a pothead. If you just stock your kitchen with nothing but healthy food, then the next time you get the munchies you'll be eating healthy. I get blazed and gorge myself on salads, beets, celery + peanut butter, yogurt, and sweet potatoes.

Here's a real response... I smoke because I have epilepsy, so I smoke at night, everyday (I get tore up, but I ration it, and never do it when I have other stuff to do). Im 31 now, and have been lifting off and on since I was 17, same with kickboxing/cycling/hiit. I've been smoking for 2 years, and guess what? I let myself go so I was 270, in those 2 years Im at a fit (our hiit classes are an hour long and I can get through them better than most) 190. So it doesn't matter man. If you're going to get the munchies, fuck it, eat half your dinner and then half when you get the munchies. People that say weed = failing at health shit, just go by what people say and have no real evidence (it has anti inflammatory properties and all kinds of shit that can actually benefit you)... Smoke weed if you want to, period.

>too "mature" for weed
>makes this post

Enjoy your scromiting, dipshit.

Vape errday. Never fucked with my gains. I don't get lethargic from smoking though unlike most people. Even indica

I do about 6 bong rips after gym and work every day for about 3 years now.
It's not helping anything but it's not hurting anything.
I want to switch to vapeing and oil but I don't know any dealers who sell oil.
IDK why it gets so much hate.
I'm saving to buy a house and I honestly don't know how else I'd be doing it so well without such cheap entertainment.
Almost up to 25 grand saved and I'm only 2 years out of college.
I would doubtlessly be buying shots for hoes without weed.
That and I tend to think about the fact that my government is owed by child raping/murdering, war-mongering Zionists when I'm sober and it's just not very fun, yea know?

>scromiting
I've been smoking for 13 years and never heard of it. Just looked that shit up 19 known cases since 2004.

I have noticed when I smoke weed frequently, (on and off smoker), I will get a bit 'down' or slightly depressed for a few days after I stop smoking... I think it makes perfect sense, considering your mind is used to an altered state and then has to cope with being sober again.

This is one of the biggest drawbacks of smoking pot - you run the risk of using it instead of facing life head-on. Then when shit hits the fan, you'll find yourself completely unequipped to deal with reality.

Better to face life sober, and find enjoyment through self-improvement and getting better at things.

This all day. Smoking after a workout is fucking AMAZING. There's chick that does hiit with me (I'm the same user that posted like 20 min ago). She smokes in the car before walking into the gym and is always blew out. She's still made HUGE leaps and bounds in performance since she started, lost weight, gained muscle, has become a better athlete all around. It's NOT about how you smoke, it's about how you work out. People that think "oh you smoke, you're immature" don't get it either. Fucking EVERYONE smokes, some people just don't flaunt it like retards (I have 1 piece of weed clothing and it's a pair of socks I got for free, and I kept them because they're really warm). Once you start talking about weed to friends that have never brought it up, you'll find out that everyone enjoys it go some degree and those that don't have never given it an honest try (if you smoke with a bunch of fucking douches then it's going to make you think that smoking will turn you that way). It's almost like exercising. You can aim to be a professional body builder, a glamor model (wtf are they actually called?), an Olympic weight lifter, or a bunch of other things. It all depends on how treat that one thing. Smoke all fucking day and never do anything, yeah you're a piece of shit, but you'd be a piece of shit if you took smoking out lol.

Not to mention they're saying shit like
>5 years ago this wasn't on doctors radars
>were at least making the diagnosis more now
Seriously nigger, this shit ain't rocket science.
Hey we've got this patient here, I think he's a scromiter.
Ok, is he screaming?
>check
is he vomiting
>check
Is it the morning after st patties day I. America?
>no check
It's probably scromiting.

>oh you smoke, you're immature
These are the kinds of people who brag about being blackout drunk every other day and show up to work hungover.

If it's used as a krutch, then yeah, it's bad. If he has horrible days and doesn't go right into "I have to smoke all day so I don't think" every time, his brain isn't used to being in an altered state. You would have to self-medicate with weed, and if someone does this, it's their own fault for the psychological withdrawals (or just take a few days to wean off of it).

Yeah, not a big deal as long as I'm not high when I lift. Oddly enough it kills my appetite for the first two hours or so, so a potential gains goblin in that respect. Munchies don't hit hard until I'm sobering up.

Takes a lot of other productive time out of my life but gym time is non-negotiable

What reason would I have for drugs, my life is happy and I'm joining the military.

Whatre you 15? Plan ahead

Uhhhhhhh, I don't recall saying that you should do drugs.......

>smoke every day since 17
> 22
>175lbs
>5'10
>8-10% body fat
>do 1/2/3/4 for reps every week
>do both weightlifting and cardio 6 times a week
>play football at least once a week
>walk to university around 10 km every day

Just smoke that shit when you've already finished everything you've had to do for the day. It's great to have while you cook your food after a nice workout.

>hard cardio after smoking
you know stoners going slow after getting high is a joke for a reason right?

It gets earlier every year. I was trying to plan ahead but finding decent suppliers who won't rip you off when trying to buy an ounce is tough in regular times. Trying to do that 3 months out from Christmas is impossible. I wish I had the land to grow on but that's also impossible unless I move to bumfuck nowhere. It would be nice if our government wasn't retarded for once and did something about marijuana prohibition.

Went from 400 lbs to 240 in a year and a half vaping weed everyday, especially before workouts. Lifted for 1 hr per day and cardio 2 hrs every other day. It helps me focus and forget about the pain. Made me paranoid and anxious about my weight and body. So I pushed that much harder.
10/10 would recommend to a friend.
Also I used the pax

Owned*

The pax is a godsend

Also the government in my country is cracking down on weed users while ignoring meth distributors. As a result it is now easier to find meth than it is to find marijuana. Also people selling large quantities of marihuana are usually tweakers and will rip you off if you don't make them fear for their lives.
Thanks prohibition.

>Is it possible to conciliate weed smoking with lifting and dieting?
Yes
Look at weed as a medication for stress/anxiety (often related to pain/depression).
Use it to get back to lifting/cardio and healthy eating.
As you get that in place you should be able to cut down on your medication.

>Is it possible to conciliate weed smoking with lifting and dieting?
Do you mean getting high and going to the gym to lift while high, or just smoking weed in the same timespan as lifting?

I self medicate with marijuana about 3-4 times a week to help me fall asleep at night (insomnia). Actually, my ideal sleeping conditions are heavy lifting in the evening, and then smoking like an hour or two before bed for a "wind down" period. That's about the only condition where I can sleep a full 8 hours without waking up.

It's all about your mindset. You don't have to be a lazy stoner stereotype if you're not a weak willed pussy. I'm at my best PRs right now (6pl8 diddly last week), and I don't think the marijuana is affecting my motivation. Granted, I only smoke after all my work for the day has been completed.

The one trade off is that multiple studies have linked marijuana usage to a lower percentage of REM sleep, and REM sleep is linked to memory consolidation/long term potentiation. So take that as you will, especially if you're in grad school or med school. On the positive side, marijuana usage has been linked to increased stage 4 deep sleep, which has benefits for muscle recovery and growth.

I ripped a fat dab before working out just 2 hours ago. I smoke before most workouts.

You're from new Zealand I see

>smoke weed
>extremely paranoid and self-conscious in public
>makes me think about things ive done in the past and feel immense embarrassment and regret

Am I having some weird kind or something? high charisma/dominant personality when sober, same when drunk

This is a layman's view of life. What if a drug will unlock something within you, give you some kind of epiphany or religious experience? Someone that has your thinking will never know the difference that it can make.

Veeky Forums needs more people like you, mang

Nah, it can cause that sometimes. Depends a lot on strain and how you're feeling when you smoke it. Also I personally notice a difference in paranoia/self-consciousness between smoking out of a bong, vaping, and eating an edible.

That's probably your mind telling you that you need to change yourself. I had to quit drinking and didn't realize I had a drinking problem until I started getting stoned and paranoid about it all the time.

Chur bro. Spot on.

God what the fuck... When you eat weed your liver changes the thc to a different thc molecule (it adds something, I'm not sure exactly what, I think it turns to thc-c or something) and it hits slower, but harder and lasts longer... In vaping you're getting pure thc (if it's a good vaporizer, if it's a gas station piece of shit who knows, it has to get a very specific temperature to not burn plant matter along with the thc)... With normal bud smoking normally you get thc, along with plant matter, and resin that isn't combusted all the way (which you can absorb but it feels different)... The trick is finding a timeframe, method of smoking (or eating), and ammount that works for you for what your purpose of use is, and stick to that. We're adults and have enough dedication to deal with the pain (and chance of injury) to lift/exercise properly. We can smoke with responsibility. Drinking fucks you up a lot worse and is physically addictive (you can actually die from withdrawals) but no one is arguing that it's bad, drinking is the real gains goblin, it's just accepted more in our culture. Plain and simple fellas.

Smoking weed raises cortisol (stress and paranoia go up), lowers testosterone (natural confidence and dominance).
Although the testosterone lowering looks to be temporary, still not something to be actively doing.
With that being said some people are more sensitive to it's effects, and once some slight paranoia occurs, the mind blows it out of proportion.

I've seen research on elevated cortisol from marijuana consumption, but nothing conclusive on testosterone. Can you link some sources on that claim? I'm a phone poster, or else I'd search for it myself.

>taking the green pill
Smart man.

>weed shops everywhere in my city
>dealers everywhere still
>no going out of vape/bud ever
>always pick up more than enough so i don't get dry like your sorry ass
>can eat just fine without having to get high
>sometimes go a few days with no weed and feel no nagging desire to get high
>when stoned feel more motivated
>when not stoned don't feel not motivated nor depressed

Why don't you shove a 10 inch dildo up your ass, what if unlocks something?

Paranoia and anxiety are medically classified symptoms of THC usage, so it's safe to say that there's nothing out of the ordinary going on with you.

In his book the first thing he does when he gets to america is eat a pot cookie

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0022519383902552

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909

You can read the abstract to get a brief overview. Basically temporarily suppresses test production, as well as lowers luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).

There are a good amount of studies on it, which i recommend looking at when you can. Basically from the stuff I have read, you don't want to do it often (if at all), and especially if you are going to lift later in the day.
It also seems like THC is the guy to avoid, I haven't seen that many negatives on CBD (then again I haven't looked into as much).

The best way to counteract cortisol levels, and this a bad high, is to not smoke a ton. Really, cortisol levels are bs in this topic... What raises cortisol levels naturally? Belly fat. What should all of us have less of (on this Chinese fuckery forum)? Belly fat. Plus, people who smoke weed have already been proven to be thinner/lighter than the average person (seriously). It's not his cortisol levels, everyone acts differently while high/drunk because of mood, and more so, brain chemistry. My brother always would space out as soon as he smoked for some reason so he stopped. Some people are just paranoid while high. This shit isn't so fucking difficult. Do it responsibly, or not at all, fuck (if you know you get paranoid and have anxiety attacks, it's not responsible to smoke).

I'm not a dick rider like you. Hope you get ass fucked in the army. They have a big gay problem these days, you'll see how they sword fight in the bathrooms.

I had to do it for seizures, it's been a God send.

Why are you this triggered that I'm choosing to not be degenerate

Not an argument.
A lot of things raise cortisol levels. Does that somehow erase the fact the studies have shown that marijuana does as well? No.

I don't see what being lighter/thinner has to do with anything? Are you talking smoking regularly? If regularly, wouldn't that by your standards raise cortisol levels? If they are not smoking regularly, is there even a correlation between being thin and smoking? Or is the correlation that thin people are more drawn to smoking?

It's not a complicated matter if you don't look at things logically and through an intelligent manner. I do, however, agree with you that there are many different factors, including brain chemistry (which funnily enough, a lot of the hormones effected are produced in the brain).

Some people are more susceptible to the negatives effects, but that does not change the facts that it has negatives, and a lot of those are what people who are into fitness try to avoid.

You really have that little going on in your life that you have to kick me while I'm down?
I'm in hell right now, but I genuinely feel sorry for you.

user, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on weed, I've smoked twice and felt nothing, but in my opinion, it all depends on the user. I've seen plenty of guys smoke it all the time and be completely normal but I've also watched it trigger the onset of schizophrenia in my best friend. Weed is a psychoactive drug and while it may not affect your gains, it could all so easily be affecting your happiness.
My best advice from how I got out of my depressed state, drop the weed for a gym membership your body and wallet will be better for it and your focus will build while your at the gym. Hang out with your buddies more (number 1 best thing you can do to get out of that depressed state). Don't drink so much that you wake up with a hangover and keep bullshit like redbull out of you.

you feel too sorry for your own self

That may be, but I'm not sad enough to shit on people who don't have it as easy as I do.

I hate weed
Whenever I have it I shirk responsibilities, turn into a lazy piece of shit, and an less fun to be around in general
Even though I love smoking I need to quit I smoked my final bowl today and deleted all my dealers numbers

>2-3 joints a day
That seems like a little much.... don't you think? Asshole? That's way too god damn much money, unless you're an actual dealer, even in the states where it's legal. And don't try to fucking argue with me on that god damn it.
Why don't you fucking turn it down a little bit and enjoy a joint or two in time of leisure or celebration, like the weekends, or getting new pussy, or pushing a new personal record? Or maybe graduate highschool first.

If you're asking whether or not pot and lifting is bad; no, it's fine. And if anyone tells you differently, they're the opposition and they're trying to keep us down. They belong to a vicious, deceptive, evil empire set upon controlling the world starting with one person at a time.
>vaping is one of the gayest things ever conceived by man

I smoke nightly, lift in the mornings, as long as you're motivated enough to not succumb

weed makes me paranoid and extremely aggressive

>If you're asking whether or not pot and lifting is bad; no, it's fine. And if anyone tells you differently, they're the opposition and they're trying to keep us down. They belong to a vicious, deceptive, evil empire set upon controlling the world starting with one person at a time.
>vaping is one of the gayest things ever conceived by man
Pretty sure autofellatio is gayer, but I digress. That's a sick sarcastic burn, not to mention your entertaining prose and correct usage of the semicolon really got my loins steaming.

I vape it everyday. 6' @ 180lbs. 410/245/505

Nothing like ending the day by taking fat rips and playing saxophone until I fall asleep.

If anything, smoking makes me more motivated because if I get high and don't get what i need to done, I'm being a lazy piece of shit stoner. I can't even enjoy being high unless all the work is done. Just keep your priorities straight senpai and u good

Weed is the only thing keeping my life slightly interesting. I still want to kill myself all day everyday but I've been like that sense grade school. Weed is that tiny little good feeling in a never-ending void of self hate and worthlessness. At first it helped and I wasn't depressed but now I can't smoke enough to get very high so I'm just slightly less depressed.

What do Veeky Forums? Work out just reminds me how shit I am and that I should have been dead back in middle School

Talk to a therapist

You walk 6 miles a day? Bro get a fucking bike, you'll save so much time and get a better workout anyways

>Just smoke that shit when you've already finished everything you've had to do for the day

literally this or just do things you already do high. either or is a great solution to "the evil weed stops you from being productive" problem.

lmk when it gets better

it's just too easy. a quick 1 minute roast on you. you placed yourself in this position. i'll take it as you understand this lesson.

Or just smoke a few hours before bed and have none of the consequences