Fit meatheads unironically think squat and deadlift are healthy sustainable exercises

>fit meatheads unironically think squat and deadlift are healthy sustainable exercises

Have fun with chronic lower back pain when you're 60 since you fucked up your serrated discs putting 2x, 3x your bodyweight of pressure on your spinal column

Hope you got a 6 figure job that includes chiropractic insurance just to escape the daily pain

Other urls found in this thread:

health.spectator.co.uk/the-evidence-shows-that-chiropractors-do-more-harm-than-good/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lower back pain at 60
>common ppl get it at 20 something

really made me think

I realize this is anecdotal rather than actual evidence, but... well, Deadlift helped strengthen my back going off of several visits to a chiropractor.

Ahhhh, the ole' unsubstantiated spinal health claim, my favorite DYEL coping mechanism.

>I have bad form therefore you do too

spinal genetics determine if your spine is suited for bearing heavy compressive loads. unfortunately the fitness "experts" at large fail to account for this fact.

you are all aware that chiropractors are essentially witch doctors whomst cause back injuries rather than actually helping them right?

you're fucking retarded, people get chronic lower back pain at 30

We're all the same; all equal.

It's 2017 I don't even know how you can think that people have different biological characteristics.

What should I do instead then?

Good form won't save you from compression

Had chronic lower back pain issues before i ever did a squat or deadlift and bow I don't. Also shout out for hyperextensions.

if you want the weightlifting granny pics, you just have to ask

>Implying I plan on being 60 years old
Live fast and leave a huge coffin

You do realize your body is a living organism that recovers and strengthens itself when necessary. Exposing your body to a progressively higher load over time without overshooting or being under-recovered not only increases your muscles size but also recovers your joints and makes them more resistant to sheering forces. Did you know that inactivity is the number 1 reason for fucked up joints? Herniated discs aren't most common with lifters but with 40s who try to pick up a box off the ground with shit form and end up slipping a fucking disc because their body's not used to lifting shit.

Lift heavy but recover properly. Don't egolift or go for PRs too much. Train for sustainability.

if you're doing them wrong, even a little, and at high intensity they can be harmful.

Not instantly. I've seen enough crossfit faggots in deadlift ladder competitions pulling 400+ with piss poor form walking off injury free. Bad form it snaps you shit up only over time, but bad form once for a PR for example won't kill you. Your body's not that fragile.

Both ways, I snapped my shit using poor form doing deads. I felt it instantly.

not saying this was your experience but often there is something wrong with form or just genetics and there is gradual wear on the vertebrae or strain on spinal muscles that isn't noticed until shit ends up being snapped

Lower back pain distracts me from the pain of tfw no gf

Source?

Oh wow I might get back pain at 60 instead of 30/40/50 like every sedentary person does

>can't escape h.264

A lot of people point to top level powerlifters with injuries as their reasoning not realizing that they're on roids which increase rate of muscle gain and max muscle potential without increasing the strength of their connective tissues at the same rate.

Natty's aren't going to have to worry about a blowout since they aren't building muscle 4x as fast as their connective tissues are adapting.

but decompression will

reminder to always do pullups after your deadlifts

the only people who think this are people who have been lifting less than 5 years and aren't pulling 500+

i know i'm taking a risk everytime i squat or deadlift, i do it because it's an """""""""""athletic""""""""" (lol) pursuit that i enjoy doing, and i do have some wear and tear accumulating at this point

if you don't care about squat or dl numbers and just want to look good on the beach or whatever the fuck there is no reason for you to load your spinal column so heavily, do some lower risk meme shit and focus on your upper body

an old powerlifter at my gym is a chiropractor he fixes my shit for free heh have fun with no gains though

kek

So do tell OP, what's the max weight I should squat/dl so I never get hurt?

Seconding this. Have scoliosis and hereditary back pain due to having a weak back; my dad is sometimes immobilized by it. He does an absurd number of reverse crunches or whatever to strengthen and counteract it. I've acheived better results with dead lifting, stiff-legged dead lifting, and bent-over rows.

>Hope you got a 6 figure job that includes chiropractic insurance just to escape the daily pain

I just don't live in a third world country

why reproduce if you have scoliosis

fucking modern medicine.

The best pound for pound deadlifter ever had scoliosis. Also, google jordan feigenbaum or barbell medicine.
Fucking bitter DYELs baiting man.

This might be true, I have never felt any discomfort in my back, but I guess you're fine until you're not
t.190kg 1rm

>The best pound for pound deadlifter ever had scoliosis

Deadlifting gives you scoliosis confirmed.

>tfw had severe lower back pain BEFORE I started squatting and deadlifting
>tfw now I'm doing more than my bodyweight in both exercises my lower back pain is largely gone

top lel

>tfw pain before I started deadlifts and after

>implying I am going to focus on increasing the weight of my squat and deadlift for the rest of my life

Once I rep 3 pl8s for squat and 4 pl8s for deadlift, I will take off a pl8 to on each lift and focus on doing high volume. Once I start to get older, I'll go with lighter weight and switch to a more cardio routine. I don't see the reason to lift heavy when I'm past 35.

If deadlifts are so good for you, why did they kill Jean-Paul Sigmarson?

Chiropractic "doctors" are as medically licensed as the typical weed dealer and even less effective at helping anything.

health.spectator.co.uk/the-evidence-shows-that-chiropractors-do-more-harm-than-good/

He lifted heavy with a genetically weak heart.

> this is also the slogan for fat acceptance activists

>said the guy who is currently unable to do them perfectly
>who also doesn't rehabilitate himself nor use active recovery menthods

or just dead hangs

>dead hangs

>Hope you got a 6 figure job that includes chiropractic insurance just to escape the daily pain
ya I live in a first world country where nobody has to pay more than the insurance fees for pain treatment, if they cant pay the insurance it is paid by the state

sure but, it's deadlift day, you're working your back, so...pullups

But I do them before deads. Dls is always my last compound exercise on the days I do them, because after them I'm too exhausted to break pr