I wanna quit. How do i quit?

I wanna quit. How do i quit?

You ain't going to get no love here... I'll say it before someone else does... Cold turkey, stop being a weak minded pussy

>he WANTS to quit
>not enjoying that post-cardio smoke
>not enjoying that mid-binge drinking smoke

roll your own cigs with quality tobacco and make sure you do your cardio, its lot less harming than industrialized cigarettes

Count how many fags you suck on daily and lower that quantity by 1 every 2 weeks until you quit.

V A P E
A
P
E

Read Alan Carr’s EASYWAY TO QUIT SMOKING

Unironically I quit immediately after reading it. This was six months ago, not a single craving or relapse. Guarantee you won’t regret it.

Just quit, its not that hard. Quitted 3 month ago and started moderately vaping... feels good! You would be surprised about the gains.

If you wanted to quit you'd just do it

how do i quit punching old ladies in the grocery store? I cant control myself!

By not buying them idiot

>Alan Carr
I second this. The book is magic. I quit right after finishing it. Didn't smoke for 2 years but then I picked the habit up again because smoking is awesome but seriously if you want to quit read Alan Carr.

How does someone even get started smoking? With how shit on they are culturally and how known the health hazards are? How does that even happen?

Not OP, but I read the book and watched the DVD. I'm not denying that it's excellent, but I still can not muster up the willpower to quit. I've tried to quit many times, usually make it a few weeks, the longest about half a year and always relapse, because the urge never goes away for me.

Started smoking over 15 years ago when it was far more acceptable (I remember when you could smoke almost everywhere, train cars, offices, etc) and it was much cheaper.

vape
support group

consider that everyone hates you for the way you smell

F A G
A
G

Read the book Stop smoking by Alan Carr.
It unironically set me in the right mindset to quit smoking after several failed attempts. I smoked one pack a day, but the book helped me stop cold turkey.
You can probably find a pdf copy online fairly easy, it's a small book too it doesn't take long to read.
It feels great having a mind free from addiction bro.

No one has ever had a problem with it. I have never heard a single person complain. Not just about myself, about any smoker.

Hahah two people already recommended the book before my post

Just stop. Cold turkey. Throw away all your cigarettes, throw away any lighters. Don't visit any kiosks or other places where you can buy cigarettes. Deny any person who wants to offer you a cigarette HARD. Better yet, if possible, try to keep some distance from other smokers until you've got your discipline in check.

I smoked for almost 5 years and from one day to the next I stopped. Just man up and pull through.

Disregard all other posts

>buy nicotine gun
>start with about 5 cigs a day and 4 pieces of nicotine gum per day for a week
>next week, 2 cigs, 4 nicotine gum
>week after 3 nicotine gum, a few pieces of regular gum per day
>after that just regular gum for a week or so

You'll be good. Won't even hurt a bit.

Just quit

6 yrs cold turkey here, was pack a day

We keep it to ourselves, but don't be decieved, all non smokers are repulsed by you.

It's not like anyone complaining would make you quit your disgusting habit amyway.

this, it isn't socially acceptable to tell you to your face fuck off you are disgusting because you smoke but everyone is thinking it.

You smell and id never date a smoker

I'd never date a cunt like you so it evens out

t. non smoker

Stopped smoking and now my friends reek disgusting, lol. It's fine when we're outside but when we're chilling at home and they enter the room the stinkt of tobacco follows them.

my opinion is really common sorry, smokers are as bad as the 300kg whales

That's just because few people around you smoke. Most of my friends smoke, they have friends who smoke, etc. When we go to the bar or a club people smoke, it's simply unavoidable. What do they care if I smell like cigarettes when everyone else smells like cigarette smoke too? If they had a problem with it they wouldn't go to places where you are allowed to smoke.

everyone hates it but they know theres no use in bitching to you because youre a weakwilled smoker

Someone they know. Some kid starts because their parent smokes. Then some of their friends start smoking. A certain percentage won't quit by the time they leave highschool and the cycle repeats.

It'll die out eventually.

Gum.

Not nicotine gum, not juicy fruit, but menthos spearmint or doublemint gum. Every time you get a craving, chew gum. And the mint taste it leaves in your mouth detours you from wanting any flavor of anything.

t. Smoker for 5 years and quit cold turkey. Been over 4 years since my last cigarette.

>Quitted

You never stop, support your local farmers, dick head. If it bothers you that much, just have a cigar on special occasions like holidays and such.

>>buy nicotine gun
>>shoot yourself

You'll never crave the tabaccy again

This

Cold turkey or you'll never fucking make it. You need iron will m8

Buy like two or three packs and chain smoke them until you puke. This is the only guarantee

Can attest this book really does work

Why the fuck is this guy shilled here all the time?

I bought the worst brand i could imagine and it was literally torture to get through the packet but it helped me, i have been off for roughly 6 months however i often think about buying a pack of blue kings... But you have to stay strong.
Its shit in every single way and if you really care about fitness you wont smoke.

If you really wanted to quit, you would.

Let that sink in.

Aight here's what you do
is REAL simple my dude
You don't smoke.
BOOM THE SECRET HAS BEEN REVEALED

sunflower seeds if u want to actually quit cigs desu.
but instead ull get addicted to these lil fuckers

Cutting down slowly NEVER worked for me. I rolled my own smokes, so basically I took all my smoking supplies and put them in a clay flowerpot on the back porch. Doused them in gasoline, and burned them all up. Then I just quit.

You have to have the willpower to just QUIT.

Practice with no fap or something I guess.

anyone who says "cold turkey" has never smoked a fag in their lives - maybe eaten a few, but never smoked.

Cold Turkey works for most addictions, but NOT nicotine. You absolutely WILL relapse eventually, even if it's years down the road.

of everyone I know that has tried to quit smoking, cold turkey has only worked for one of them (out of 28). Dude was 66 years old and his doc essentially told him if he kept smoking he wouldn't see 70.

You need to turn smoking into a sacrificial habit. First reduce your intake to about 1-2 cigs per day. Then, start making sacrifices every time you smoke. Cut out a desert, or cut out a movie you wanted to watch that night. Eventually you can trick your mind into thinking that you'd rather do those other things than smoke cigarettes.

>throw your cigarettes away or give them to a homeless person
>dont buy new ones

Literally that easy you weakminded gaylord

because he wrote a book with instructions that apparently works for a lot of people

I am two months away from my 3 year anniversary of quitting because of this book. Read it! I had to read it more than once if I am being honest, but I swear it works better than anything.

That's a bad thing?

this. fuck i miss smoking so much
been 3 weeks already. is it getting any harder than this?

Truth be told, if you really do want to quit. Quit. My father smoked for 40 years and woke upone day and told himself to stop. Yes, he did feel shit and fell ill for weeks but he did it. No other way to do it than put your mind to it.

I dont think you could date a smoker even if you wanted too.

I can't understand smoking. What's the appeal?

Nope, it gets easier, hang in there.
Just don't fall for the "I haven't smoked in 6 months, let's celebrate with a cigarette!" trap.

thank you user this helps

Add cigarette put downs x F to your routine

DONT SMOKE FAGGOT

Because it works.

>don't ever smoke by myself
>occasionally when I'm already drunk and hanging with a cool dude downtown I smoke one of with him
>elevates the drunk, makes me look cool and get to hangout with all the sluts outside having a smoke
>guaranteed not to affect my health at all
truly the patrician method of smoking

Focus on what you're actually doing, feeling, tasting, don't think about anything else, just focus on the cigarette/smoking. Do this every time you start craving. If done correctly, it should feel absolutely disgusting

Quitting was a bitch for me, and it took me several attempts.

I picked up smoking when I was 16, smoked 10-20 a day, quit when I was 24. I still lifted and was swole, but I my conditioning was appauling and I would run out of breath running down the street.

I kept telling myself that I survived the first 16 years of my life without a cigarette, so I definitely can survive a bit longer without it.

The big pain the ass for me was the insomnia that came with the cravings. Get up at your own usual time, go to work/college, keep lifting, regardless of how you feel keep this up. I finally had a good night's sleep about 5 days in.

Stay away from friends who smoke for the time being, stay away from alcohol. Whenever cravings got bad I would make myself some herbal tea or chew shitloads of gum.

It does go away, get through the first 2 weeks and the rest is so manageable. 50% of smokers die of smoking related diseases - with this in mind being a depressed, tired, moody bastard for a few weeks is worth it, when you consider how shit dying from smoking diseases is.

nofap is immensely more difficult in the medium to long term

i just stopped buying them and distracted myself until the craving stopped

Exactly this.

Also
>Have friends that smoke
>might see them every few weeks and ill usually bum 1 or 2 from them that night
>Either i buy them a drink so they have no problem letting me bum
>or if its someone i know pretty well, ill buy them a pack every time ive bummed around 20 cigs from them

I have a trick that will make any cigarette not only tastier but also healthier, bear with me please

if you are doing keto (and if you aren't you should) you know that you basically start burning fats instead of sugar, right? Ok, where does the fat you burn end though? In your breath. So, if you put a tiny bit of butter in your cigs you're gonna smoke and lose wait at the same time

this