Keto vs fasting

Keto vs fasting

What's your thoughts?

brpa

IF is easier than Keto.
Both is the fastest fat loss diet you can imagine.
Both diets, even in combination, work for lifting. Only idiots can't gain muscles with it.

each is good
both is better

99,99% of people who do keto don't look like they lift

Fasting. I like sugar.

But would it get me the aesthetic abs I want? Thats my biggest point of vanity.

99.99% of people who drink water look like they don't lift so you should definitely stop doing that.

Do both. Guaranteed way to lose weight (mostly fat) fast. I've been doing OMAD and strict Keto for a few weeks and have seen great results. Lost almost 8 pounds in 2 weeks and my lifts have been going up.

Retard opinions from a DYEL for 1000 Alex!

Probably because most of the people who do keto don't lift. There's no reason low carbs, high fat & protein should kill gains

Abs is all about a low BF%. So just do IF with Keto.

For what it’s worth, I’ve done keto with intermittent fasting for about the last 6 months while lifting. I’m still a novice, but I’ve lost 40 pounds and even brought my squats and deadlifts up a bit.

And I look like I lift.

Seconding this for me. But 8 pounds in 2 weeks is amazing.

Thanks, I have actually been surprised by how much weight I lost. I tried several scales because I did not believe mine at first.

Doing OMAD it is hard to eat all your daily calories in one meal, so I think I eat less than my TDEE-1000. But I feel good during the day and feel alert as well, I drink about 3-4 cups of coffee throughout the day and that helps, and of course lots of water.

After Christmas I want to start incorporating 48 hour fasts on the days I don't lift. So would essentially only be eating 5 meals a week.

Both are great. Combined you will lose a ton of bodyfat. The only people who talk shit about keto are fatties who can't go an hour without pizza and a liter of cola.

When I am cutting I do Keto IF (20/4), and a couple days a week I'll water fast.

i prefer fisting myself

Keto is a meme diet

>The only people who talk shit about keto are fatties who can't go an hour without pizza and a liter of cola.

>Keto is a meme diet

I want to eat that ass

Both, lmao

Keto allows you to IF so fucking easily it shouldn't even be a question as to doing both

I've been doing both sort of the last week.
I can't handle carbs they instantly make me tired.
On top of that my ibs over the years causes me to have disgustingly smelly farts and I shit a lot and get sudden urges to go the toilet after eating.
Since starting this diet I have been working out in the morning then eating later on as I've realised by doing this I feel more energetic

My v lines are starting to show again and slight cuts in my arms.
I feel more energetic
I feel full and satisfied after eating and don't ever feel bloated that much.

My last meal is around 10pm-12am my first is around 1pm-4pm(been working nights til l4am)

I'm also enjoying my diet

Today I had
5eggs with a chicken thigh cooked in olive oil
After the gym I ate
A steak 2 eggs pepperoni Cooke in olive oil,olives,spinach and a avacardo

If I had more food in I would of had minced beef with my first meal.

I need to incorporate more butter or cocon oil in my diet as well

I started keto 3 days ago

First day I was dead and had a migraine from lack of sugar. I eat pretty much nothing but Lucky Charms in skim milk, and candy all day and drink lots of diet soda so this was to be expected.

Second day felt dead but had short burst of feeling amazing.

Third day I can't sleep and I'm already sick of avocados and I miss my oats with craisins and milk. More headaches. Can't stop pissing.

Everything about keto is so fucking backwards from everything you are taught about dieting. I can't eat oats. I can't eat whole grain. I can't eat skim milk. I can't eat berries. Can't eat carrots. No fruit. I have to eat heavy cream and butter and lots of meat. I bought tuna packed in water NO SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT PACKED IN OIL.

I made 4 eggs with a tablespoon of butter in them tonight and I am seriously nervous and guilty every time I cook with butter because all these years everyone tells me it's wrong. I am already sick of avocados fuck those things. I bought lean pork and realized I should have bought the cheapest shittiest fattiest beef they had. I feel like I'm more on Atkins than keto.

Am I gonna make it bros?

Keto removes appetite for me so Id go with that

>Am I gonna make it bros?
Do you want to lose body fat and get a higher quality of pussy? Then shove those avocados down your throat.

What's your typical day-to-day meal plan looking like user?

BRAAAAAA A A A P

I want to eat those brappy trips

I couldn't even fathom the idea of making my own keto meals

low carb, high pat, low protein meals? what the fuck do you even eat?

avocados, almonds, fish, steak, cruciferous vegetables

it's not that bad

I still supplement that with meal replacement shakes every once in a while when I'm lazy.

keto+OMAD

down 25lbs since nov 1, all my lifts continue to increase, it’s great

Dont be a retard anonkun

this
no need to choose, the interaction of both with a solid HIIT+weighlifting regimen is guarantedd sixpack

true, but doesn't mean you can't lift on keto
Primal Edge
Thomas DeLauer
Mike Rashid isn't on keto, but OMAD, which relies on ketosis as well

99.99% of soyboy's look like you

Today I had:

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, a pretty big porkchop (costco)

Lunch: Avocado smashed into a can of Chicken of the Sea tuna in water (one of the big costco cans not the tiny ones) mixed with a ton of salt and pepper

Dinner: 4 eggs, tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, half a pound of costco Bacon, and 2 more hardboiled eggs.

Yesterday I had 2 cups of mixed steamed broccoli and cauliflower but didn't have any vegetables except the avocado today.

I assume I'm eating way too much protein and not enough fat. Wondering if I should start doing that coffee, coconut oil, butter all blended together thing to get more in the morning.

I'm looking for something as convenient as peanut butter I can just randomly decide to have a scoop of but PB itself has too much sugar to make it keto, otherwise I'd love to eat TONS of it

Keto is bad for you. IF is pointless. Keto and IF are trends for fat shits unable to control their intake. Track your calories, spread out your meals trough the day and eat less.

Fasting works, is cheaper and healthier
Keto, is for if you need to eat something and don't have any self control.

t. grain industry shill

There's nothing natural about spending 18 hours a day with a high level of insulin in your blood.

Wether something is natural or not is not a valid arguement. Working out with a barbell in a gym is not natural either.

Having high levels of insulin on your blood is not good for you, youre right on that. Id argue that eating a low sugar, high fiber, moderatly low fat diet, and 1,4 - 2 grams of protine per kg/bw, about 100 grams of lean meat, a little low fat no added sugar dairy and lots of vegetables every day, spread out trough the day will not lead to high insulin levels.

Ate a phat ass for the first time it was amazing

Do keto for about a month, then start having breakfast later and later everyday untill you are OMAD, then fast for a week straight with no issues.

whats your diet like? you have sugar every day? how long is ur eating window?

My only thoughts are why she touching her as while cooking my shit, wtf I don’t want pink eye.

You think there is fecal matter on her ass cheek?

Botj are extreme diets, and are not optimal. However fasting is worse when it comes to muscle loss during a cut. Keto can be viable in many scenarios.

You go into keto on a fast, so it's not really a dichotomy

>thoughts?
Exercise.

depends on how long your fast is and how much glycogen stores you have, but if you're already low bf and fasting hard, this is true. if you're gonna fast again soon, recommend staying in keto cuz bouncing between states can suck hard.

THIS
fucking underrated post.

This guy I knew was hardcore into keto and made me keto pizza.

Doing Keto with OMAD(one meal a day) I have lost 45lbs in 3.5 weeks. I still have 40lbs to go, but this shit really works. Plus, my noob gains are real.

I'm about 40 pounds overweight. Have been low b/f multiple times in my life, but for the past two years every diet has completely failed me. Not so much because of willpower, but because whenever I restrict my calories or macros I can't think clearly. This is unacceptble since I'm a grad student in a STEM field.

Well alternate day fasting and keto seem to be the solution for me. I've learned a few things. When eating a normal high carb diet I feel BEST when I am fasted. I think more clearly and am happier. As soon as I eat carbs I basically pass out as if I had a thanksgiving feast...even if I had a relatively small meal. This lead me to trying keto. I had tried kept in the past with great success, but it was over the summer when I had no responsibilities. I haven't had much luck with it recently because it slows my brain way down.

Because of fasting I started taking snake juice and realized that the keto "slowness" I have been experiencing every time was really just too few electrolytes.

Keto+ADF is awesome, just make sure you get enough electrolytes or you'll feel like shit. I'm convinced now that most people are fat due to their insulin resistance and even though CICO is absolutely true. Most people will fail CICO if they are insulin resistant (fighting hormones will erode your willpower).

keto is terrible as it forces you to stuff yourself with saturated fats to get your caloric intake

>Keto vs fasting
they are both useless memes. you'll get better results with a normal calorie restricted diet. the only real reason people have success with one or both is that they force you to completely change the way you eat, and they make it a little harder to overeat.

the problem is that they're both extreme diets that don't teach you healthy eating habits. a normal calorie restricted diet with good, healthy food in moderate amounts teaches you how to eat the way you should.

but of course fatties always want to do something extreme where they inevitably run out of steam, give up and rebound instead of doing something that's sustainable over the long term. this lack of discipline is why they're fat in the first place.

He doesn't know

Wtf happened? Just three months ago 90% of fit hated keto. Now look. I approve but wow...

He doesn't know

Yeah and lose 1 lb a week. No thanks.

Intermittent Fasting isn't unhealthy nor extreme though.

I unironically do both. Fasting is easier with fat

>not eating really burns fat

WHHHAAAA No way?!

6 packs are made in the kitchen - not the gym

Made in gym, revealed in kitchen

your mother fucked in the kitchen

I fucked your mother in your kitchen.
How can a woman that old have an ass like that and a pussy that tight?

I generally buy six packs from the shop

Fasting makes me depressed.

she does kegels

Really.
I'll have to tell her she's a good girl and give her some extra special attention later tonight.

How do you guys keep fasting? I always break down after the pain begins. Any tricks you can tell me to make the begining a bit easier?

Atkins and keto are the same thing.

Of course, only crazy normies do atkins...

If you're already on a keto diet it's easier. Also if you're not addicted to sugar and caffeine.

how long does it take to fuck up your metabolism and make it slow?

currently at uni and it's finals week so I have no time to hit the gym. so I plan on doing OMAD Keto until i go home (1 week). will that completely mess up my metabolism? or what should I expect?

any advice helps

too much fat

should rfl mate

>his cut lasts 4 months

yeah no

go the fuck to bed gramps

Keto is just CICO without the hunger and misery. Fasting while on keto is fasting without the hunger and misery. If you're one of those overweight folks who tried to lose weight with traditional CICO and were hungry and miserable the whole time, keto + IF is your ticket.

Both. Plus your muscles pop when you reintroduce carbs.

You think her ass is perfectly hygienic?

anybody?

Fasting + healthy choices/ junk occasionally

Keto is far too restrictive