/Acne/

/Acne/ Thread

This thread is dedicated to discussing acne and how to treat it.
Feel free to post:
>Current state of your acne
>What treatments you use/used
>Any acne related question

As for me I’ve had acne since freshman year of high school and after 6 years it has yet to do away, in fact I recently developed backne.
Probably going to go to a dermatologist soon, any advice?

there is nothing we can tell you that your derma won't be able to do better

Zinc

If they ask you to consider taking an oral medication to treat your asking, ask if they have any samples of Solodyn to try. I'm three weeks into these samples and that plus a topical cream really helped me clear it all up, plus it's less harsh than accutane.

Prescribed medication is the only answer. Even a primary doctor can prescribe acne meds, dont have to go to a derm.

Took doxycycline then accutane with external treatments about 4 years ago.
Been flaring up a bit since started lifting, taking doxycycline again, clearing up nicely, side effects minimal.
Dermaroller coming in mail, might give it a go when clear.

Please go to the doctor, get meds and use benzoyl peroxide daily.

I tried curing my acne through diet, OTC medication, and nothing really worked. The longer you wait to go to the doctor the more damage to your skin you'll have

Getting c02 laser surgery soon lads, finally gonna be a chad.

25 and had mild acne for as long as I can remember. Figured out my biggest triggers alcohol, sugar and dairy which has made it a bit more manageable. Recently thought my ecig might also be causing It so stopped vaping. Day 3 of no vaping and haven't had a pimple. If this was the cause I hate myself for not just quitting cigs cold turkey years ago.

Quitting dairy has had a positive effect on the amount of pimples and cysts I get but, more importantly, the ones I do get are SIGNIFICANTLY less engorged. I no longer get huge pimple clusters and often the ones I get go away without bursting.

It's not fixed, but it is a lot more bearable than it used to be. Still have a ton of redness and bumps, hopefully benzoyl peroxide will take care of that.

I always tear them out, and they dissapear in day or two. Never had any problem

fuck off william

What fixed my acne was moving away from home.

My acne cleared up within 2 weeks, most have been bad aircirculation back home.

ITT: how to trick people you're not on roids

Had medium acne all my life, best effects from QUITTING DIARY and sugar, use any exfoliating scrub every 1-2 days and the "loreal men moistuirzer Anti-Spot" it contains salizylacid and zinc which worked great for me if you apply a bit on the morning and the evening

>quit diary
Ok my goy
Should I drink and eat more soy as well?

Zinc
Clean your fucking face more, its the bacteria clogging pores that causes it
Stop touching your face
Change pillowcase daily

Done

Protip: start taking an iodine supplement. Lugol's 2%, 5-7 drops the first week, 3-5 afterwards (depending on how much you weigh, of course)

It'll help unfuck your thyroid, which will in turn unfuck your hormones. You'll also start to have a more elevated mood, as your mood is related to hormones. The mood effects are pretty instantaneous, systemic effects take about a week or so.

Take 30,000 IU of vitamin D on day 1, then 10,000 IU of vitamin D daily for 14 days. Then down to 5,000 IU daily. Try to get some sunshine or do 5 minutes in a tanning bed, this will help your body process the vitamin D.

Take selenium and ZMA before bedtime.

Don't be afraid to bust out a good mud mask every now and then, bentonite clay is best used with apple cider vinegar instead of water. Don't do it more than twice a week, though, it can be harsh on the skin. Once a week or twice a month is ideal for maintenance.

If your sleep and diet is fucked up, you'll always be fighting a losing battle, so unfuck those if you haven't already (low glycemic index carbs, avoid sugar and dairy like the plague).

Swap your pillow cases every week. Use natural cotton if possible instead of polyester.

Use sensitive skin products everywhere you can, including body wash. If your body skin is dry, your face can become oily as a result of compensation. Treat your skin as a complete organ rather than just your face.

I tried everything for years. Antibiotics could quell it for a bit till it just kept coming back, then I tried to do those skin regimes like proactiv. That worked for a but, but in sure its just sticking to any face cleaning regimen that's important anyway. Eventually they just stopped. I get some every once in a while, say when it's the time of the month, but I think my hormones just calmed down
I also had to quit dairy. Sure I have ice cream every once in a while, but no more regular dairy for me

Had moderate acne since highschool. Didn't get it treated back then. Now that I'm in my late 20s decided to try something. It's worked, no more pimples, but I still have dark spots and craters. Skin feels super smooth but craters are very prominent. Makes no sense. Any solutions for those?

Didn't have acne when I was in puberty, but suddenly got really bad acne all the way from 20 to around 25. I tried everything I could get my hands on, nothing worked. It finally got a whole lot better when I stopped eating processed foods and cooked my own meals, replaced energy drinks and soda with only water and stopped using skin care products altogether. I only wash my face with water, but I guess there are mild soaps that are still fine to use. There is also one thing in particular that was just terrible for my skin and that was shaving foam, but that may have been an allergic reaction, too. When I used shaving gel I didn't get bad acne outbreaks anymore, but these days I only do dry shaves.

so I've been on acutane before, it lasted about a year and cleared almost all my acne up. but occasionally I get random pimples and breakouts, which are pretty noticeable. what do to get rid of minor acne problems?

Got acne at 12.
Am 23, never went away. Been having heavy acne on shoulders, upper back last 3 years. Sporadic on face.

This week I have had huge, (1 inch diameter) cystic acne outbreaks from my ass to my shoulders, all over my back.

Looks like I am on roids.
Have literal volcanoskin on shoulders/back due to scarring from 10 years of acne.

Going to doc next week for accutane. I have had enough.

dry skin no matter what
scaly rash skin that won't go away on throat
back-ne
what do?

>have awful acne since middle school
>fast forward to freshman year of college
>take a course of Accutane
>never have pimples again

This. Still have some pimples, cause cant get off the alcohol, but whatever. Not a fag

Just take 10,000 IU of vitamin A each day.