Opinions on seitan?

Opinions on seitan?

We know it's lacking on essential amino acid, but once you cover your daily requirement for the missing one would this be considered a good choice to get your protein in?

Are the rumors about being gluten horrible for you true? Or is it just meat industry propaganda?

I like it.

Isn't it just wheat protein powder?
Why not just eat soy, whey, or pea protein powder?

it's literally called satan, what do you think? just another gains goblin from the devil and his minions. stick to onions and meat as god intended.

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
-1 Timothy 4:3

Whey has mammalian estrogen, soy has phytoestrogen, pea protein tastes like shit and the scoop is massive
That's actually a huge myth

Gluten is only bad if you have cancer or are immune-o compromised. Otherwise its fine, neither good nor bad. Technically an inflammatory.

Do you have celiacs? Idle not then it's just as good as any other lean protein source. Don't believe the (((incomplete))) protein shills, there's no such thing.

Post evidence that seitan has a complete range of aminos.

Literally takes 2 seconhds on google scholar, I'm not going to spam the thread with 30 pubmed links like that veggygains faggot

No thanks, I'm full.

Many different ways to prepare and can be quite tasty but it always wrecks my digestive system

it’s basically concentrated wheat gluten so it’s super, uh, binding

I want to avoid anything that has a good chance of causing inflammation. Avoiding brain fog and other long term complications are very important

I don't mind filling in the missing EAA with other food, I just want to have a primary protein source that's palatable, vegetarian, and non estrogenic. I don't mind eating meat once in a while but it's expensive in Canada, with organic prices being insane

I wish it was digested better. Do you think paleo people have the right idea?

please respond im a nice guy and ill treat u right

The only food that lacks essential amino acids are gelatin. Don't be retarded

I never said it lacks them, only that it lacks one of them.

Estrogenic?

Just eat beef or chicken or pork or horsemeat or fish.
you fucking pansy

Gluten can be bad for you if you have Celiac disease but otherwise is fine.

>We know it's lacking on essential amino acid

I don't care. Nobody eats kebab for "nutrition content".

I'll much rather take the veggie kebab instead of the shit they put in the meat kebab

It doesn't lack any of them. Maybe it could have a uneven protein spread and in that case yes you could eat shitty food if you eat the other import proteins. Use Cronometer

I made this the other day. It was pretty bad. If you can imagine bread dough boiled for an hour.. well that was half the recipe.

Seitan is another tool in the box for hitting protein macros. Like protein powder (60:40 pea:rice) and soy if you eat soy. As long as you know your macros, you can use any of the tools available to hit them and you'll be fine. Obviously it should come from one-ingredient foods (no ingredients list. An apple is an apple. Spinach is spinach. Oats are oats. Etc) combined as you desire/need.
Honestly? As soon as you realise alternatives like seitan, legumes, pea/rice protein etc exist there really is no logical reason to eat meat/meat products. Inb4 the "Yummmies :((((" brigade comes in. Sugar and fast food are yummy too, but you don't fucking eat them or if you do its on occassion.

something about eating pure gluten isn't much apealing to me, tastes okay and is full of protein though

just make sure you eat enough veggies and thats it, don't need to complicate things, if you eat your veggies and fruits, you'll be healthy, but it will be harder to hit your protein goals without supplements, thats where chicken breast comes in

It's not lacking any essential amino acids, it's just low in lysine. Don't rely on it as your only protein source and you'll be fine. Gluten is bad if you have celiacs or possibly if you are gluten sensitive(controversial), otherwise it's no problem.

dude try making bacon-seitan burgers, holy shit those taste illegaly good, like deal with the S-man himself.

Im ready for demonic gains bby
and you can keep those pussy as wings

Are you sure it won't shred my intestines? I'm really worried about inflammation and brain fog. Some websites are saying that gluten is connected to over 55 diseases, but I'm not sure if they're bullshitting me or not.

>We know it's lacking on essential amino acid
This is news to me. Doesn't the soy sauce complement the amino acids that are not present in gluten, which makes this a complete protein? What's it lacking?

That brain fog stuff about gluten is bullshit. The only reason we tolerate it is because people who actually have celiac can now eat every once in a while.
Dried green peas purchased wholesale are the most protein per dollar you can get. Not all meals need a meat replacement. You should try some Indian recipes.

Just eat dog, you fucking pansy

The benefits of grains much outweight the risk of inflammation in the body. Red meat is known to have inflammatory properties in the gut as well when they’re digested, not to mention how you prepare food will have different effects (e.g grilling vs steaming). Likewise IIRC exercise technically raises inflammatory biomarkers since you’re putting your body through stress (happy to be corrected on this). I think some people probably have undiagnosed sensitivities to a component of grains (not necessarily gluten, could be a carbohydrate structure or something else they happen to eat with the grain) rather than the grain itself.

On another note, afaik paleo avoids grains not because of gluten but 1) the idea that grains causes inflammation and 2) to simulate the hunter gatherer diet. The later is flawed on so many levels but wont go into that unless you guys want to.

>he doesn't even eat people

There is no logical reason to eat chicken or any meat. It's more expensive than supplements.

carbs are bad in general
sugar is toxic to your liver
some people are gluten intolerant

there is
i eat like a vegan except I have to throw in some fish or chicken to hit the protein macros without 80% of my kcals being from carbs, especially when cutting.

no high-protein, low carb, no-soy source sadly

I already hit shit like 80g fiber daily and a shit ton of veggies, fruits, seeds and nuts but gotta have osme meat or skyr or eggs to help out unless I want to consume pea protein daily, which gives me rotten pea and egg smell kek