/FAST/ #54: NEW OP EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/? Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>Why do this?
CICO is shit and you losses will plateau at a certain point since your metabolism will adjust to the lower intake of calories at a certain point. Furthermore fasting will make you lose about a pound (0,5 a kg) a day when done correctly.

>How do i start fasting?
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
Based snakeman explains fasting on snake juice. Snake juice is just a mix of salt, water and some apple cider vinegar / lemon juice to keep up your electrolytes while you fast. If you get over Cole's abrasive manner of talking he tells some good shit regarding fasting.

>b-but what about six meals a day
Enjoy your insulin spikes fatty

>but what about the drinking of salt, isn't it bad for you?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

[Let me know if more info should be added into the OP]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE
healthywage.com/diet-contest/team-challenge/
pastebin.com/PbawUajF
youtube.com/watch?v=jQQPBmnIuCY
youtube.com/watch?v=441jBOb29YE
youtu.be/V5tQ0z8VbSg?t=52m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fasting good for cystic acne?

op is a phaggot.

fat fasting is not fasting
missing the good ops vids

kys though by od`ing on insulin op

Can I break a 10 day fast with Chipotle?

FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, dry fasting and water fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns
>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?

then you create the new thread next time famalam

oops forgot quote

>Facebook mods do not use "snake potion" as vermacular. That originated here, you are making up bullshit and it's obvious. Take your sub saharan IQ the fuck outta here.

what? Are you retarded or just trolling? They originated from Cole and not here retard lol.

Sorry op, I was mean. have a kittycat

^_^
Miauw Miauw faggot
/\_/\
________/ o o \
/~_______ =o= /
(______)__m_m)

Starting rival buckley here

Gonna continue trying to recruit here at least once per thread.

Anybody here wanna make some money while losing weight? There's a site where you can wager on your weight loss over a period of time and they're starting a team challenge on jan 5th and top prize is $10k. All the team has to do is lose the most weight % overall (ie a team of fats that start at 1500lb total will have less % lost if they lose 250 pounds total than a team with 1000lb total starting that loses 180 pounds).

It runs from jan 5th to mar 30th and is $25/month (per person i think) so if we make a team and all do some silly fasting shenanigans that would be ez 2k for each of us.
if you're interested in trying email me parthrowaway at gmail dot com

here's the information page to kinda prove i'm not full of shit.
healthywage.com/diet-contest/team-challenge/

'FAQ' for this ordeal pastebin.com/PbawUajF

>miauw
kanker

Ga weg

/053/

Poesje zegt "Miauw Miauw kanker flikker"
Van een gevalletje superkanker aids val je iig wel snel af!

I want dutchfags to leave

Shame prevents me from joining this so good luck.
How many people you already have?

2 prospective atm. How does shame keep you from joining? You don't have to interact with anybody outside of 2 videos you record which are seen by 1 person and hen deleted.

So on day three of fasting I suddenly had a long and pleasent shit.
Shit kept comming which means that it had been in my tummy for a long time.
Last meal friday evening, BM @ monday 11ish.

Hust read faq. I thought you have to get naked/semi naked and that they will post your pics online. Very tempting too vad its not 1-2 months only

Ayo lads, inform me of how I should do medication and supps aight
I'm doing snake diet, 500cal most days, chuck in a 48hr fast once a week, with the first 24hr being a soft dry fast.
I used to take zma, a multi, vit d, fish oil and muh secret brain gains mushie caps. I'm figuring that the vit d, fish oil and mush caps all contain a few calories. Should I take these when I eat? How do I go about taking everything without fucking up absorption? My 500cal meals are pretty keto btw. What do?

So here's my routine, with one meal I mean dinner btw
Mon: two meals
Tue: one meal
Wed: one meal
Thu: two meals
Fri: one meal
Sat: fast
Sun: one meal
Monthly: 72h fast
Is it gonna fuck my metabolism up?

>fucked up initial post

Completed first 24 hours of my water fast

Follow me on my journey lads. Gonna do 3-4 days of water fasting (maybe longer), followed by one big day of a very low carb high fat high protein refeed, and repeat.

>Day 1: 210lbs

Don't do 500cal meals, eat at maintenance or else you'll fuck your metabolism in the long run and miss out on the other benefits fasting offers.
Take whatever supplements you want/need when you eat. You're probably better of having a two to five hour eating window to aid absorption of the nutrients.

Not if you eat at maintenance, use scale feedback to determine if you are eating enough. You may find that with OMAD you need to eat more nutrient dense foods to absorb the calories.

Good luck user, look forward to seeing your results.

Water fasting has made brought my emotions much more to the surface. I've been laughing my (even decreasing) tits off reading the FPH tread, before I would just have a "meh, funny" reaction. Any other Anons have a similar effect?

Nice boxers btw.

>I'm doing snake diet, 500cal most days
No you dont

Thanks bb. I'll make sure to take daily progress pics in them. I'm mainly looking forward to the fat loss, but better feels and clearer skin is also a good deal.

someone tell me about this "leangainz" shit.
I've done fasting before and I loved it. Just lost over 100 pounds and trying to tighten up i guess. Still have more to lose, but want to gain muscle at the same time.

guy who recruited me , you better come thru

leangains is 16/8 if. Fast for 16 hours eat for 8.
8 hours gives you a nice window to spike up insulin and absorb all the nutrients of our meal while the 16 hour fast helps you get to the fat stores.

>Still have more to lose, but want to gain muscle at the same time
Best thing to do is to keep fasting 36+ hours minimum till you near your target weight. Then look at leangains again.

If fasting is so effective then how come the snake diet guy has so much body fat?

>the only reason why you would fast is to get shredded.

If you are doing fasts all the time then wouldn't that happen whether you want it or not?
Is he doing massive bulking periods or something?

shit man I can barely get 900 cals when I'm doing omad

might have to review my plan/spend more for food

He weight does go up and down during many of his "experiments". Fasting isn't a magic pill, you still need basic nutrition and all that good stuff to complete your goal(s).

>drinking salt

youtube.com/watch?v=jQQPBmnIuCY

Maybe he just eats like a horse when he is not fasting, lel, it's still calories in calories out.

Goddamn what a boring presentation.
Anyway he says:
>more salt
>more urea production
>leads to muscle breakdown

it would be interesting to see if it hold true while fasting.

Got a warning for this post, owh my.

I'm on a food only fast, no water, am I gonna make it?

what was it?

Yeah, to the hospital.

130 hours in lads

A kittycat calling op a phaggot.

I lost 4.3kg (9.48lb) in just 6 days of keto (20-30g carbs) and I threw a 24h fast in there too. Seems like insane results?

pics or not happened you filthy pleb

152 hours down. Lying in bed but can't sleep. Wrapping up my fast tomorrow, won't quite be 10 days because I'll be eating a few hours before 168 hours but will only be off by 2 or 3. Kinda excited about eating again.

i lost 8 pounds in 3 days during a fast once, sometimes it happens whether it's some food in ur digestive system finally making its way through or just water weight who knows but if it works it works

Didn't the previous OP have a bit more stuff?

Planning a 48 hour fast Wednesday 8pm til Friday 8pm. First 24h will be dry.

Wish me luck.

never done a dry fast but I found the absolutely essential thing is to have something to do, the hunger is nothing compared to the boredom of the time you'd normally spend cooking and eating

Long blog post for those curious

> First ever fast
> On hour 111 currently
> 6'2" White Male
> Drinking juice and 1 round of potions in the AM
> Down 11.5 lbs

This morning I am the LEAST hungry of all mornings, I feel mentally and emotionally great, very LIGHT pressure in my head, 0.5/10 for a headache you could say.

LAST NIGHT however was the worst hunger I've had since starting, around hour 96. Last night I decided I'd break the fast today even though I'm feeling good. I want to do this for two reasons:

1) To learn how well my body does when re-feeding on shit food. Some can do it, some can't, let's see what happens.
2) To see if it gets easier when I try fasting again. Current claims are that it gets easier each time. Let's find out.

Even with my 88 calorie/day (6tbsp) of lemon juice consumption, I still pulled the numbers you see here. It's obviously very minimal and I'm sure the benefits outweigh the minor slow-down, if one even exists.

I have still shit about twice a day (liquid, yellow, bubbly/frothy) and I've had minor-heartburn throughout, I've been forced to take Zantac for two of the nights because the heartburn is incredibly bad. I think this is due to too much salt intake AND I previously had daily heartburn problems due to my eating habits before I started the fast. The DAILY heartburn has reduced while fasting, but these new nightly episodes of brutal acid are new and have been handled by Zantac, which does not do anything to my ketosis. Have still been pissing dark cranberry ketostix since hour ~36.

I'll try the shit refeed today and probably jump right back into at least another 48 hours, but we'll see how I feel at the end of the day.

During fasts without sodium you're going to piss out potassium and feel like shit, so yeah, drink salt

A few questions.
Gonna start my fast tomorrow. I have pink salt and no salt but no lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Should I go out and buy some of that or fuck it and just use the salt alone?
Also should I avoid fapping while fasting?
Last question is about coffee. So I get that it's okay to drink coffee while fasting, but /should/ you though? I remember reading something here a while ago that said to drink it for autophagy or some shit.

Gonna shoot for 10 days and break it in time for Christmas. Wish me luck lads.

Anyone get severe insomnia after breaking a fast? Broke my 100 hour fast at 6pm and now it's 3am and I've been trying to sleep since 9pm...

The ACV and lemon is considered fairly optional.

I tend to get a lot hornier, so good luck if your trying to no fap.

I generally limit myself to 1x long black or espresso shot a day. Most people say no or tea only though. The diuretic effect might help with the water loss.

Pure guestimation if you are heavy coffee user it will make things harder. As a sort of preparation for longer fast, while I wait my potassium to arrive. I've done few OMADs. First two days were awkward since I felt very sleepy, but today I drank a large cup of coffee and felt fine.

Can you drink coffee while on a fast? (black, no sugar)

or will it fuck up autophagy?

on day 3 of fast. last time I gave in and ate on day 3. wish me luck boys. trying to get to saturday without eating

Guise, when should I be lifting to reap those HGH benefits from intermittent fasting?

Mixed opinions depending on who you ask. I say yes, but keep it limited.

I have a head cold. Is it better to eat or fast?

>see if it hold true while fasting.
Elevated HGH says no

I've been doing IF since 2010, really cool to see these fasting generals now. I generally follow the "if it doesn't affect insulin it's fine" rule since I'm already a lean and active individual; but extended water fasting for autophagy seems worthwhile a few times per year, I'll give it a go come spring time most likely.

>since 2010
Do you get any blood work / checkups? How is your health from a medical perspective.

Pls respond

I think you can look into this yourself, just find out when HGH indirectly rises during a fast, then lift at that time. A lot of people in these threads are here for weight loss.

Had yearly check-ups, they've all been fine. One time when I was really stressed my total cholesterol got a hair over 200 (still with a very high HDL), but that's about as unhealthy as I've ever been. Taught me to invest in stress management, so decent life lesson there.

I have been looking into it, and I just can't find relevant data... So lift during the HGH spike? I gotta lose some weight too...

Are your abs showing?

Cholesterol fluctuates all the time anyway, the "point in time" measure from bloodwork is basically useless, but thanks for the info.

Since I don't have any pink salt or nosalt left for snake pots for this week should I just drink salty lemon water at work for now. I have plenty of kosher salt to get through

Careful not to fuck your teeth with a weeks worth of sipping lemon acid.

>15 seconds later
youtube.com/watch?v=441jBOb29YE

I mean sure, this is a "youtuber" but if you start individually googling the terms he's using or the ideas, and you'll dig to actual data.

>should I just drink salty lemon water
No, don't put Lemon in your salt water.

thinking of taking an EC stack to help burn more fat. does my body processing the ephedrine and caffeine kill the fast?

Just a put a straw in it and drink behind your teeth.

nobody knows

Nobody knows. But it can't be that significant. If youre having bad food cravings I'd say ec stack is worth it. Just done overdo it

Sure, obviously, but does he want to be drinking out of a straw like a baby for an entire week?

Straw back the lemon juice solo, and keep your snakejuice your snakejuice.

I don't think so. I've done a 7 day fast with coffee + yohimbine, felt cracked out man.

how was that? i've contemplated it but I also don't want to die

>does my body processing the ephedrine and caffeine kill the fast?
no it only kills you

Can you? Yes. Probably shouldn't though

I mean I felt great and had tons of energy, but definitely in that almost but not quite nauseous cracked out way. Like having a massive overabundance of nervous energy. 7/10 would do again.

nice sign me the fuck up

got it; thanks guys

>shouldn't
Should I beat your ass, bitch?

fobody's nerfect, paggot.

>The Chad water monk
>The Virgin dry faster

Am I supposed to be shitting my intestines out when fasting?

no you still need those for later

How does intermittent dry fasting affect test levels?

I just popped a couple vyvanse and fasted for 24 hours

Who is this semen demon?

Get ready to shit If you so

>live in college dorm at uni
>roommate asks if I want to get lunch at dining hall
>reply no thanks, i'm fasting
>"bro fasting is so bad for you"
>this is the same kid who:
>freaks out if he doesn't drink a protein shake after the gym
>eats doritos and muffins in his bed
>tells me continuously that white bread is healthy and I should eat it at every meal
>can't go to the gym unless he takes pre workout
>he also stirs his pre-workout and protein in a red solo cup
>uses all our water bottles because he won't smarten up and get a shaker and fill it up at the gym water fountain

I kinda dislike my normie roommate. let me fast in peace

nice.
My experiance says that fasting gets easier each time.

mean.
Your speculation thinks this slowing gives harder one space.

Anyone know of any resources on green tea and fasting? This guy says some interesting stuff

youtu.be/V5tQ0z8VbSg?t=52m43s

Also in the same video he says doing minfullness meditation is the cheapest best clinically proven way to improve telomere length.

Why is she such a qt... my heart

Jeff Grimm? lol that guy got raped by one of his patients and cried about it on the news.

Wouldn't know about that, but he backs up the shit he says with studies and that's all I care about.