Hey Veeky Forums, what oil do you use for frying? I've heard the sunflower seed oil i've been using is shit healthwise...

Hey Veeky Forums, what oil do you use for frying? I've heard the sunflower seed oil i've been using is shit healthwise . Also general cookery thread i guess.

Butter.

>frying
never going to make it

you dont use butter for frying, its not good for high heat

only the best

I got an air fryer on black friday so I can cook without much oil, but the oil I do use is canola (rapeseed) - switched recently from generic vegetable oil because I found that stuff is just soybean oil.

If I were rich, I'd switch to exclusively coconut

clarified butter

Just soybean or canola usually.

Among the cheap ones peanut oil's supposed to be healthiest, so FINE I'll get some next time

Also does anyone need some coffee, I got way too much at Whole Foods yesterday and I ground it so the clock's ticking

Peanut oil

t. low test beta

>he doesn't know about the olive

Olive oil or butter
>Olive oil if the taste isnt supposed to matter much
>Butter if i want it to taste good

I use olive oil for pan searing my chicken, grilled cheese, eggs, and whatever other veggies I want to sauté.

olive oil oxidates fast as fuck, enjoy your cancer

It's not. It's rich in Omega 6, but you'd be better off with one rich in Omega 3 (olive oil)
Both O6 and O3 are essential fatty acids, but you need more O3 because while O3 metabolism creates more anti-inflammatory byproducts, O6 creates predominantly inflammatory ones.
The western diet is much higher in O6 than O3, which is tied to increased chronic disease risk and cell damage

Here's the skinny on Veeky Forumsty acids
Frying:
-Clarified butter
-Cold pressed canola oil
General cooking, low heat:
-Extra virgin olive oil
Supplemental:
-Pumpkin seed oil
-Fish oil
-Castor oil (don't exceed 1,5ml a day it will give you the shits)

Canola oil is literally one of the worst things you can put in your body. The only acceptable answer is coconut oil. Also, don't fry things.

olive oil is fruit oil,,, not fish oil.
olives are fruits.
olive oil is Omega 9.
Omega 6 is vegetable oil.
Omega 3 is krill, fish, grass fed beef.

>sheeeeesh

When you mean don’t fry your food, do you mean deep frying, like what you do with French fries and chicken, or do you mean pan-frying, like what you do for cooking meat on the stove top?

t. soy boy

>Castrol GTX master race

Just use an oven you stupid fuck.Nobody needs an air fryer. It does the same thing as the oven you already own.

Coconut oil is fucking terrible for you. Worse than canola oil.
>Adding fucktons of saturated fats to your diet

This, or hydrogenated coconut oil. The more saturated it is, the more stable it is. Unsaturated fats become toxic with heat.

Coconut oil

Coconut is real cheap in Aldi, if they have Aldi in your country

canola oil is shit tier

>le saturated fat is bad for you meme