Acne thread

Acne thread.
>how long have you been suffering from acne
>how do you bros treat your acne?
>what's your diet like?
>do you feel like its holding you back from getting laid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpbZTkhlQyA
youtube.com/watch?v=YT2aNZvsV3w&t=2s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>5-ish years
>Tried everything. Benzoyl peroxide, silacylic acid, adapalene, sulfur and sulfacetamide, clindamycin, tetracycline, and accutane. Tetracycline only kept it at bay while I was taking it. As soon as I was taken off it came right back and my dermatologist put me on accutane. Was on it for 4 months and had to quit prematurely because I moved. Now it's back.
>A mix of healthy food and Cane's.
>The only thing holding me back from getting laid is me and I'm not even memeing. It does however hold me back socially. I have pretty bad social anxiety and will not go out in public with white heads, so I pop them all, which is bad and why I need to find a new dermatologist.

>9+ years
>tried everything, nothing works. It's not THAT bad now tho so I just leave it be, hopefully it will disappear completely at some point
>a lot of diary (cutting it out for a month didnt help acne or my stomach problems so I just dont give a fuck), some meat etc
>my face is generally fucked up and the acne isn't so bad. it does make it a bit worse but it's not a significant change, I'd be turbo self conscious with or without it

exact same but not so socially anxious about it as i used to be, can now get laid

>10 years
>Tried everything, only Accutane made it disappear, but it came back as soon as I stopped. Thankfully my case is pretty mild so it's not the biggest deal.
>I eat clean and it doesn't help.
>A lot of other shit stops me from getting laid before acne.

Using the regular stuff (benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinoids) got took care of my decade long neglect of my acne. Skin is super smooth now, but visually cratery. Lots of dark spots too. What do Veeky Forums?

>Tried everything, only Accutane made it disappear, but it came back as soon as I stopped. Thankfully my case is pretty mild so it's not the biggest deal.
>I eat clean and it doesn't help.
>A lot of other shit stops me from getting laid before acne.

this is exactly me
im at month 2/8, at which point ''itll definitely be gone for good'' according to the dermatologist

I've had acne for close to 4 years. Currently on month 3 of Accutane, seeing little to no results. Feels bad, none of my friends have it and girls definitely notice it.

I'm 25 and have had acne for as long as I can remember. Have tried everything short of Accutane which I might consider if my current regime fails. Atm I'm using head and shoulders shampoo as a face wash which somehow has cleared all my acne. Diet is for the most part pretty good I rarely drink/ avoid sugar and dairy. Yeah I feel like it's holding me back, all my friends go out drinking every weekend and I just stay home because if I get drunk my acne will flair up and fuck hanging out with drunks when your stone cold sober. On the plus basically being forced to live a lifestyle free of vices is helping the gainz

cut out dairy from my diet on Monday and have started drinking a shitload of water so we'll see where it takes me

Hope it works better for you than me, but I'm not really bummed about it because it's not so bad. The Accutane is way worse cuz it caused me joint and back pain even though I have always been fit and not a fat fuck.

the side effects are insane
i have to put lifting on a hold for a long ass time...

>19
>suffering for about 4 years now
>tried benzoyl peroxide and and various other types of face wash to no avail
>change pillow cases every night
>diet consists of minimal sugar and dairy
>nothing seems to work
>7/10 body
>4/10 face
>definitely holds me back on a social level

What side effects hold you back from lifting?
I'm looking to try Accutane. Is it worth it?

I managed to get rid of mine with some prescribed topical cream but I'm left with a ton of deep scarring. Anyone know how to deal with it?

all people ive met with excessive amounts of acne have been very stressed out

>drowsyness / tired / sleepy sensation
>balance / vertigo issues
>get joint paint with mild muscle force
you wake up like this, and it's a very demotivational feeling

depending on how bad you want the acne to be gone, you could focus on something else before lifting again

Not him, but when I used Accutane I got this dull pain deep in my bones with and kind of activity, especially in my back. Really inconvenient for lifting or sports.

i got laid with acne at 26
just be urself

I think most people try to better themselves for other reasons than getting laid

I had it incredibly bad. It was so bad I don't even know what my high school pictures look like. I got on Accutane and living in Arizona it was pretty tough because it dries your skin out. It worked incredibly for me personally and my brother. My sister did not take it and she still has her acne. A small sample of one families experience.

same

IM GONNA SAY THIS JUST ONCE

Learn from my experience, tried a lot of products, none worked. Dropped everything and focused on the REAL problem which is your gut.

Drink kombucha or kefir or both. Get your gut to a healthy level of good flora and stop consuming trash, all processed sugars and sodas, etc. This is the MOST important thing of all.

Just wash your face with water, if you like exfoliate every other week, and eat a LOT of alkaline vegetables. If you are lazy like me just blend them, I drink celery cucumber spinach banana every day and it's delicious.

Good look

>8 months
Studies have shown that shorter duration, higher dosage treatments are better tbqh family

L-london?

>Drink kombucha or kefir or both.
Would yakult do the job? pretty sure i cannot get those where i live.

I'm so fucking done brehs

I went on antibiotics for mild acne, once I finished the antibiotics, the acne went fucking insane. Couldn't even open my fucking mouth it was so bad. I tried to get my girlfriend to leave me, but she says she doesn't care and wants to stay.

Been trying all sorts of shit and none of it worked. As an user said previously, sorting your gut out should help.

I'm on accurate now. Just started the course, and I'm pretty fucking depressed about it since the side effects are fucked. Had my testosterone checked and I was told it was normal. However, when I got the results back myself, my free testosterone is 174.5, where the reference range as clinically low is 174. I'm probably going to go on test e when the roaccutane starts working.

Fuck this

Search on facebook for people that donate it, don't buy it in the (((stores))). It's supposed to be free. If you live in a european country kefir should be easy to get, and kombucha is pretty much known in every country. Store bought products are always worse because they are not fresh.

Taking antibiotics (anti-life) is the worst thing you can do to your body, unless you need it for an emergency. Antibiotics destroy your gut flora, that's why it got worse in the end (talking from experience too). There's only one way to heal the problem from it's root.

I get acne from dairy, which fucking sucks because I love mil products.
Just stopped consuming milk and acne was gone.

Used to have cystic acne.

I binged on vit. A caps, went away in a week.

Is spinach good for treating acne or is it a meme?

I have a penis.

eating well and increasing water consumption (two things eating more veg does) are great for acne.

Only if your acne is minor.

No matter what I eat/scrub myself with my cystic back and shoulder acne will not go away. Been struggling for 12 years, since I was 11.

Bleeding volcanoes all over my back and shoulders, at least it isn't on my face anymore like in my teens.

Got max 3 pimples on my face atm.

>both siblings had horrible acne their entire lives
>ive always had 100% clear skin without even washing much
>also look different from siblings

Did the mailman have something to do with this, desu?

nah you are just low test.

>he fell for the acne = high test meme

It is true though. Derma even tested me.

>10 years
>I took accutane when I was 15 which cleared it up pretty well for 6-7 years, just had some scarring left. now I'm starting to break out more and more again (24 now). I'm gonna try accutane again I think
>almost no sugary foods. try to get bodyweight in protein and the rest as carbs/fat
>it didn't for awhile but it's been getting pretty bad lately which is hurting my confidence. face went from a 7/10 to a 4/10 because of it

It literally isn't.

Yes, acne sucks, but don't be a literal gullible moron and convince yourself its because youre just too high test.

No, my derma told me it was buddy. Anyway this was 3 years ago at 21 so I didn't take the accutane pill back then. It has gotten worse again so will revisit, probably redo test levels then.

there's obviously a reason behind why you guys get acne. There is something from either the environment or the food that is triggering your body to go into constant inflammation.

I have had acne (and bad ones like cystic) forever too, I'm 26 for god sake and I still get them, but I am recovering from scars now.

I was literally one step away from getting accutane but ultimately decided to not go that route. I have done antibiotics which worked temporarily and it just came back worse after and messed up my gut. I realized it's never really going to go away unless I figure out WHY and WHAT my body is reacting to. I only realized what my body was telling me until I did 5 day waterfast during which my cystic acne went down and not a single new one came up.

After the fast, I slowly introduced my daily foods, at first I introduced carbs, rice, beans, and pasta (surprisingly) including wheat did NOT cause me acne (which I thought it did for longest time).

Any meat did NOT give me acne.

DAIRY gave me acne, I switched to vegan protein from regular whey and no new acne came up. face kept improving. avoided cheese, greek yogurt, kefir (despite being good).

avoided anything too acidic, like apple cider vinegar despite being healthy my body reacts to it.

fucking NIGHTSHADES, this was surprising, I make a healthy salad every dinner and realized that I have nightshades allergy, this was evident when I stopped putting tomatoes in my salad for a week, no new acne formed up, and one day my mom gave me EGGPLANTS AND TOMATOES for dinner, a new cystic pimple showed up hours later, while keeping everything that worked the same.

I'd suggest anons who doesn't want to take Accutane but are desperate to do a 5 day water fast and start figuring out what food allergies they have

Your dermatologist is trying to make you feel less bad, buddy. Youre probably paying a pretty penny for it on top of it.

Literally google "does test cause acne". No doctor will truthfully say yes.

Well, will get an appointment before xmas. Hopefully accutane doesn't require me to come in too often, getting tired of my back bleeding through my shirts every day,

And you might be right, the doc is the kind of guy who would tell you that to make you feel better.

>start getting it at 13
>gets bad by 15
>no confidence with sluts
>over the counter meds didn't do shit
>tried prescription but doctor said calcium negates the effects
>everything has some calcium in it
>give up
>slowly gets better on its own from 17 to 19
>2 months after my last bad pimple
>lose virginity to attractive grill
>now skin better than average
>should have just taken 2x the prescription meds or something

BEHOLD, listen to this qt3.14 korean girl on how to cure acne. I followed her steps and I cured my shit hormonal acne forever. I love her and you should too.

youtube.com/watch?v=qpbZTkhlQyA

youtube.com/watch?v=YT2aNZvsV3w&t=2s

you say that like it's a bad thing

When I started eating clean, started IF and HIIT and supplementing for test my acne fucking exploded along with my testosterone levels. I fully believe there's a link between the two

I noticed chocolate caused it. I was eating dark chocolate with almost no sugar for the nitric oxide gains and the stuff would cause several new pimples the next day

yes, and sugar too, despite dark being more 'healthy' chocolate, it still has a fuckton of sugar.

Placebo. or, other factors

They're not connected, no matter how much you try to convince yourself they are.

He's not completely wrong desu. It's DHT that causes acne.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone