What's the most superior sleep cycle?

What's the most superior sleep cycle?

the one you can actually maintain

The one where you sleep at least 7 hours mostly uninterrupted

the one where the whole circle is just blue

the one where ross marries rachel

The one where you actually achieve REM sleep.

don't fuck around with this.

i tried uberman in college and it sort of fucked me up. years later i still feel more groggy than my peers during normal daylight hours.

then i read that sleep deprivation does all sorts of damage to your brain making you at higher risk for alzheimer's, dementia, etc.

for max health i recommend 7 hours + afternoon nap.

>Thinking there are any females in Veeky Forums who would get that reference.

y-yeah only women should get that reference

Is the reference friends?

what are friends

I can’t imagine any of those sleep cycles other than monophasic would give you sufficient sleep for muscle recovery, recovering from illness, etc. Why overly complicate shit while at the same time getting less sleep?

>sleep from 5am to 10am
>nap from 10:30 am to 11:30am
What is my sleep cycle like?

>not achieving REM wakefulness
pleb

I don't feel right unless I get a solid 9 hours of sleep. I'm 27

Vidya all night, neet all day cycle

Biphasic.

Can you only make gains with uninterrupted sleep?

Biphasic except the main chunk is 10-12 hours and the nap is 3-6 hours.

Nah I don't even play vidya, and I'm study at uni part time.
Just depression and internet keeps me up, although I hate what I've become.
I've gradually gone from 1am to 2 am, 3am 4am and now 5 am.
Feels bad man

Fix that shit you've only got 1 life

Yeah you're right, I don't actually even get out of bed until like 1:30pm because I'm usually exhausted still.
I want to change it ASAP

You theoretically achieve REM in all of these. When properly maintained (very difficult) the uberman is effectively 95% REM

Get up to pee phasic

My natural rythm is biphasic with power nap

I tried everyman 2 naps
Wake up 4am
20 mn nap at 8pm, before shower and going to work
20 mn nap an 3.30 pm (was inf&B at the time, so afternoon break)
It was fantastic, read 3 books a week, workout everyday, while working 10+hrs/day everyday summer season job in a restaurant (which is insanely intense for those who don't know)
Did this for 6 months, felt fine, so fine I had a health check because it seemed to good to be true, everything was in place and normal.

My 2 cents of advice:

-beyond everyman3 seems unsustainable to me, less for biology reasons than social reasons due to following reasons

-these cycles only work if you are perfectly regular once passed biphasic. By perfectly regular I mean to the minute. Falling asleep is not a problem, but fitting such rigid constraints in your life is impossible for most people.

-This does not allow for "cheat days". Miss one day and the whole cardcastle comes crashing down, insanely tired and potential damage to body and natural circadian (sleep/wake) regulation

-this does not allow for any bio-chemical/psychoactive perturbators. Forget about drinks with friends or weed here and there if that's your thing. Absolute perfect on spot intake is non-negociable for the most radical patterns.

-forget about a love life, you can't stay in bed during wake phases, because that is too risky (fall back asleep, ruin everything) no girl is going to support you hoping in and out of bed at all hours

tl;dr:theoretically doable, but it's such a level of biological programming you're bound to fuck it up.

cont.

The time in my life where I was the most happy was when I just had lots of little naps.

t.:first heard of this in a Tim Ferris book. This restaurant job was in the Swiss Alps, and a Vendee Globe (probably the most insane sports challenge there is) skipper had a summer house in the village. These sleep patterns are exactly how solo skippers manage sailing around the world on their own, except they train it for months with doctors, coaches, and nutritionnists.

The guy took me under his wing, thought it amazing anyone would put themselves through this just to read more books (I was preparing entry trials for an M.B.A, so reading was more than just pleasure for me)
I usually stay away from Instagram words such as inspiring, but this guy is another caliber of human being. The exact opposite to woman-hating betas on these boards, super high-achiever and really nice and open-minded with everyone. I'm not in the same field at all, but he is still a role model for me at 32.
Plus, he knew about Veeky Forums as well, although not really the sit-and-browse type, so probably didn't lurk that much, but just in case:

Si tu lis ca Alan, j'ai pas oublie que je te dois une bouteille de Petite Arvine ;) Signé:le saisonnier francais

Fuck bro same happened to me thanks to a meme that Da Vanci and Tesla were on Uberman schedules.

It seriously fucks you up for a long time.

i pretty much did biphasic through high school. i pretty goddamn productive, but i'd probably be 2 inches taller if i'd actually fackin slept

>Vendee Globe
>most insane sport challenge there is
Please tue ton self tarlouze :)

I had the opposite experience.

I did it for 3 years and was in the best shape of my life. Absolutely ripped/ran marathons/6% body fat.

The only thing is that there isn't any long-term research on it. So for all I know, I could have just dropped dead from a heart attack at like 30.

The thing is too that even if you're fine mentally (which I was), your body needs the actual time of not moving to repair.

Are there specific intervals you need for naps? Is it compatible with an 8 hour workday?

>x weeks alone at sea
>handle everything yourself
>examples:build a rig from scrach in the Horn straits, sew up your own stomach, all real life cases
>muh, I can bench 120

joli meme, pedale

user fucks himself from sleep deprivation because of internet memes
absolutely gold right here fellas fantastic stuff
well fucking memed