What are carbs exactly for? Cause i'm on a cut and don't know if i should be getting plenty or avoid them

What are carbs exactly for? Cause i'm on a cut and don't know if i should be getting plenty or avoid them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCNhTZ1QuNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crabs is a animal

Glucose for energy

I'm also on a cut and I keep a low carb count 2 days and then do high carb the third day because its supposed to keep your metabolism from slowing.

Your body's main energy fuel. If you're cutting, cut carbs to reduce body fat.

Reduce carb intake when cutting because it's a 'none essential' macro, I assume.

Will i lose my gains if i start consuming low carbs?

youtube.com/watch?v=aCNhTZ1QuNY

What are the benefits of 2 low carb days and 1 high carb day? Why do this instead of medium carbs everyday? Is it because of the ketosis?

You won't be in ketosis for any appreciable amount of time if you're eating more than 50g of carbs a day, unless you are working out like crazy.

Then what are those benefits?

You want low carb days because the body can't make fatty acids and has to break down more fat as a result.

You can still oxidize fatty acids for energy while eating carbs as long as you hold total energy intake downs, it's just more difficult: feeling cold, tired, hungry all the time, etc. The point of ketosis is you can lose weight while not feeling hungry but you have to give up the carbs.

They really need to start teaching basic nutrition in high school. Not blaming you OP as even I was like this at one point. Just hearing and using buzz words like carbs, protein, sodium, etc. and not knowing shit about them. Think it would really help this country get somewhat healthier.

Then why do people eat fucking carbs?

So during ketosis you will feel like shit?

The first couple of days can be rough even if you are keeping up on your sodium and potassium supplementation, but by the second week it's smooth sailing and gets easier the longer you do it. You will literally dream about eating carbs in your sleep but that tends to go away after a month.

Another downside is you'll be drinking lots of water and pissing all the time. Kidneys don't recycle sodium in the absence of insulin which is why you have to get 5+ grams of salt a day.

just get some when on a cut. Workout will be much better too.

You want fucking carbs because your metabolism will slow way the fuck down and start burning muscle for fuel after a certain point.

No, the point of ketosis is you don't feel hungry and out of energy all the time because you're not inhaling carbs. Carbs are what make you crave food, and too many of them means your body can't process all of the energy out of your carb fat cells, whereas with a reasonable carb intake or none your body processes fat cells fully for energy. The transition to ketosis sucks but can be combated by getting more electrolytes and magnesium. On ketosis you don't crave food, you get hungry but the hunger isn't this drive to put shit in your gullet, it's a soft reminder that your body needs fuel.

The edit with the heads swapped needs to be shown to every incel and r9k nigger

Lmao so fucking wrong. If you eat little to no carbs, eat a lot of protein(normal lifting amounts), and actually fucking lift/hit cardio then it speeds your metabolism up. Your body doesn't fucking need carbs, shredded native Americans weren't sitting around the tipi slamming pizza

Yes,all of them at once almost over night

>What are carbs exactly for?
They taste fucking good.
I can't imagine my life without pasta or bread.

Not wrong. I have gone through like 3 cuts and it works like a charm to keep gains, and who the fuck eats pizza on a cut? I'm talking bananas and oats bitch. Professional athletes and bodybuilders always cycle carbs because it's the most effective way to keep gains.

On a cut?
keto + omad
thank me later OP

Seemingly because you'll lose your pump, your drive, and your strength.

Will i lose strenght and size if i start a keto diet? Will i recover them after eating carbs again?

How can you get 3000 calories in one meal with no carbs?

You'll have less power but still have size. The arbiter of size is your protein intake. If you don't eat a gram per body weight pound with any diet, it's a detriment to your size.

fat m8

(fatty meat, coconut oil, etc)

Eat a lot of almonds if you really need to eat that many calories. 1/4th a cup is hundreds of calories. Ketosis is not a bulking diet. Transition to a complex carb diet when bulking.

also, I said “on a cut” so if you’re cutting at 3000 you should have a good grasp on nutrition by then mr phelps

Main source of energy, without them, you may feel sluggish and perform shittily in the gym.

Processed Carbs are the devil

you mean anything but starchy veggies and fruit?

bread, pasta, refined sugars

100% agree with you
I cut off processed carbs 11 days ago and I've never felt better in my whole life

get your daily protein/fat requirements the rest are carbs ideally

Or potatoes.
>hnnnggrrr

This. Actually, all processed, refined food products are cancer.

This is why I only eat BBC

>ywn cop A$AP Carell's fit
why even live

This.
You want to reduce them to encourage your body to break down stores of fat for energy but they are essential for some things like brain function.