Minoxidil

About to get my minoxidil in a week. 6 months supply to trigger beard growth.

Wish me luck friends.

Any of you guys went with minox to get a beard ? How was it ?

sounds like a stupid idea but I honestly hope it works out for you friend

it has stopped my balding, best $1.50 a day I'll ever spend

applying a drop to a hole in my (otherwise dense) beard made it grow in several follicles

I'm driving down to costco this weekend to buy a six month supply. Gonna target my beard and eyebrows. Considering doing the front of my hair too just to make it thicker.

What do I say to the cashier?

It works. Mix it with finasteride and you’ll literally witness miracles with your hair anywhere

You have to keep using it, right? I already have a serious retreating hairline so I'm screwed in that regard. I keep my hair buzzed but now I'm losing in back and it might be worth it? What about for a fuller mustache?

Don't put it on the eyebrows. Putting it on the cheeks will make it go through the bloodstream anyway, you'll get thicker eyebrows no matter what.

>Hello
>Cash
>Bye
Don't forget to tip

Don't recommend you put minox on your eyebrows, heard it could make it grow in all directions and you'd end up with a monobrow

I'm using minox for beard and castor oil for eyebrows, much better

Does this shit actually work? I remember reading that it was mostly about moisturizing the beard and that's what stimulates growth.

It used to be heart medication. It stimulates blood flow to the skin, hence hair growth. The alcohol dries it horribly though.

I've heard it can cause issues with collagen production.

Hmm. So I'm a 26 year old late bloomer and I want a fucking beard. My dad has a full beard but it didn't grow in until he was like 29. My beard is quite patch but the hairs are stiff as I keep shaving it to make it grow quicker. If this shit works and makes the parches grow in, are they gonna be soft hairs for a while?

Lmao forgive me I suck at this facial hair thing and it's literally the only thing missing for me to go from cute to sexy as I have a baby face/my body is already aesthetic af

It's really long to grow them. I think they're mature after 3 month of treatment.

I have about 5 months supply left after I used it to stop my hair from falling, so I want to use the remaining for my beard. When do you guys apply it? before bed? in the morning? once a day, twice?

Morning and before bed

... You know Minoxidil only works as long as you keep using it, right? If you stop putting it on your head then all the hair you gained will fall out again.

Oh Hi, Alex

Just started using Rogaine on my beard about a week ago to fill in a few patches. Previously used it for about 6 months which took me from growing only a shitstache to a decent beard when it's long anyway. also using a bit around the crown of my head because I'm paranoid about balding since all the men in my family minus my uncle are bald.

Yes I have tried it. If you get the one in your picture, that is what I used. It gave me very itchy skin and allergic reactions / pimples. Try to get some without alcohol.

Get the foam, easier to use.

Shaving doesn't make it grow quicker. I'd say it rather does the opposite. It just makes the hair appear thicker and thus more easily visible as it regrows.

Not exactly true
You will loose a bit but a big part will stay, happened to me

How long have you been off minox then, exactly?

Don't get it into your eyes. And you will gain hair but look older. It reduces collagen.

I stopped using it 2 years ago, and after seeing these threads I remembered I still had the supply. I haven't lost any hair for these past 2 years and my hairline has stayed the same

don't get any on your lips/in your mouth. gave me heart palpitations from becoming systemic. other than that it made my beard much thicker and darker. took about 4-5 months. would recommend. the heart thing was scary though, not gonna lie.

another user said their hair has halted receding even after stopping application. has you heart or any flutters or anything like that with your heart persisted after you stopped applying the minoxidil?

the heart stuff persisted a few months after stopping. heart rate was raised from 60bpm to about 75 constant. got better after like 3 months. so yeah i guess i was sensitive to the stuff.

>I put 2 drops of this stuff on my lips
>my heart went to shit for 3 months

It's not cyanide man, get yourself checked before you have any issues

it wasn't 2 drops, it was a little bit twice a day for around 5 months. i'm sure part of it was simply from being on the face skin rather than the scalp. this is a common side effect. i probably should have stopped at the first sign.

Alright then, I'll be careful, sounded like it was from a one-time thing

will it work for facial hair as abysmal as mine?

if yes I'm going to Walmart and getting it today

Yes, it works well on everyone. It's long though.