/FAST/ #55: OLD OP EDITION

FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, dry fasting and water fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns
>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>how do i start a long fast, don't i need more than water?
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

healthywage.com/diet-contest/team-challenge/
pastebin.com/PbawUajF
idmprogram.com/?s=fasting
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/76b86h/psa_dont_forget_that_the_gastrocolic_effect_is_a/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

snake piss > potions/juice

Broke my 10 day water fast with a Guzman burrito (basically Australian Chipotle). 6 hours later and I still feel full as fuck. No other issues although I did feel pretty tired after eating. However I had a massage right before eating and it was 37 degrees today so may have been unrelated.
15 days of water fasting over two sessions and 10kg down by the scale (still look like shit though) but I expect that to bounce back a bit over the next few days. After Christmas plan to go for 15 or 20 days after which hoping I'll be reasonably close to my goal.

?

>eat a burger with a bun at an unexpected work lunch yesterday
>resume fasting and back in ketosis by evening

Shit's magic.

*breaks your fast*

Fasting is easy when you're poor as fuck and don't have the money to eat appetizing foods anyway. Wealthy virgins BTFO.

American bacon sucks.

Gonna continue trying to recruit here at least once per thread.

Anybody here wanna make some money while losing weight? There's a site where you can wager on your weight loss over a period of time and they're starting a team challenge on jan 5th and top prize is $10k. All the team has to do is lose the most weight % overall (ie a team of fats that start at 1500lb total will have less % lost if they lose 250 pounds total than a team with 1000lb total starting that loses 180 pounds).

It runs from jan 5th to mar 30th and is $25/month (per person i think) so if we make a team and all do some silly fasting shenanigans that would be ez 2k for each of us.
if you're interested in trying email me parthrowaway at gmail dot com

here's the information page to kinda prove i'm not full of shit.
healthywage.com/diet-contest/team-challenge/

'FAQ' for this ordeal pastebin.com/PbawUajF

Say my eating window is 10am-2pm, am I able to have a protein shake at 7am when I leave the gym?

>Say my eating window is X, can I eat outside X?

no

That's what I figured, thank you.

Much like most prized contests I have a feeling this will boil down to who has the best drugs more so than simply fasting.

Well even if we don't win you get your money back if you lose 10% body weight in 9 months.

This, DNP mode activated -> win

>fasting
>just keep adding days to the fast because I don't want to break it
Tomorrow I'll break it, what should I eat breh?

I´m squeezing 1 lemon each day for my snake potion. Can I eat bits that are left in lemon squeezer(idk how it is called) or will it break my fast?

Is it okay to do drugs while fasting? Those are processed by the liver, right?

WHY ARE MOMS SUCH GAINS GOBLINS? SHE NEVER BAKES SHIT BUT EVERY FUCKING TIME IM FASTING SHE DOES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>electrolyte supp + multi vitamin + water
Does this count as "snake juice?"

How 2 fast plz thx

step one: don't eat

Also don't drink for the first 24-48 hours to get into keto faster.

Not him but I did 36h dry fast to get into keto faster. I dont think its working tho.

What else can I do?

how often should I try to poop on water fast?
I poop everyday when I eat but should I force myself when fasting?

No dont force yourself.

During my 21 day fast I pooped on day 1,day 2 and then day 13.

Also before starting fast I always eat a lot of veggies as my last meal to be sure.

stop breathing

Exercise to empty your glycogen stores.

thanks

but snakeman says no exercise during first 48 hours

Getting good results water fasting, is dry fasting a good idea?

If you're already in keto I don't think it matters unless you want to die.

Want to make sure I understand, is the reason you're encouraged to consume salt while fasting because it mitigates the side effects of dizziness, migraines and feeling drained? Are there any other reasons or side effects when not consuming salt?

go for a long walk

I'm on leave so i'll be training twice a day. Here's what i'm gonna do:

-Go swimming/running in the morning, fasted
-Eat at 3 pmish
-Sleep
-Go lift weights at 7 pm, no cardio
-Sleep

This way i'll be empty of glycogen when i do my cardio and full of it when i lift weights. I usually do omad where i train at 7 pm and eat afterwards.

Is cardio + fasting ideal? How should I include some resistance training? Does it really matter?

depends on the length of the fast

>PSMF OMAD during the week
>maintenance on weekends

There is no better cutting diet

Meant if I should include restance training at all

will do. What is considered long? Took an hour long walk already this morning then came home and drink 1,5l of snake juice in 20 minutes. Think I might shit myself on next walk

hour long walks is good, don’t tire yourself up too much, but its good to get the body moving and the muscles engaged

Why is family such a congregation of gains goblins?

You should add this to the OP: idmprogram.com/?s=fasting

"I'm not hungry, but thanks mom"

>but you haven't eaten at all!
>jesus, mom, I'll eat later
>honey, what's wrong? is something the matter? sit down. we need to talk

"I'm trying to not be a fucking fatass anymore mom"

Jeez, gotta fuggin piss every 5 minutes, this to be what's expected?

I'm thinspo, broke it with 2 pasticciotti
no regrets

So I'm now in my 5th week of 16/8. Progress in weight loss is about 3 lbs a week.
Tomorrow I have so many appointments at work. Should I do a 20/4 ? or in a bad case maybe 21/3 ? I have to eat a shitload of food in that window (3000cal).

What's your current caloric deficit per day at 16/8?

About 500.
I'm also carb cycling, so there are some small changes there. Tomorrow is a training day (evening)

you're drinking too much water or consuming too much salt

Is it perfectly acceptable tto lift while doing keto/low-carb? I'm currently 165 pounds and looking to get down to 155.

So it isn't the body breaking down fat? Yeah I drink lots of water and take electrolyte supplements.

How many calories would a 102kg fatty dyel burn if he just sat on a computer all day?

Cinnamon sticks in black coffee?? Read somewhere cinnamon slightly increases metabolism.

You should also be doing IF/OMAD/time-restricted-feeding, and combined with lifting this is called leangains.

Something like 2500

Honestly you're just going to have to expect for it to be more difficult to train and shove 3000 calories down your throat in a 4 hour window. 20/4 or 21/3 is fine.

If I was in your position, I would use this as an excuse to have a little bit of a cheat day and eat something like ice cream.

Fucking this.

American bacon taste like fucking oil.

>Had a dream about food yesterday
>"Please god, don't give me one of those today"
>Had a dream about fucking space invaders that took over McDonald's and Domino's Pizza where they are conquering the world with shitty toys and I had to beat the shit out of the employees while eating some of the food

What the fuck is wrong with me?

As an American, 99% of restaurants cook their bacon in incorrectly...which is to say and they sizzle it in a pan of oil until it's overcooked and crispy.

If you get thick cut bacon and slow cook it to where it just starts to crisp slightly and then take it off the burner, it's perfect. The fat tards in this country would think it was bad though because they're so accustomed to the crispy dried out shit that they're usually fed.

>40 hours into my fast
>still not in ketosis
getting scared bros

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH BRAIN

What you just said its the absolute truth.

Crispy bacon is the worst meme in the history of mankind.

>break a fast longer than 48h with an healthy veggies+meat+nuts meal
>get diarrhea 1 hour later
Why though?

Exercise you fag

try break it with something really light 30mins before a big meal

Started keto. Can't be assed to cook every day so I wind up fasting most days. How do you know if you're in "keto" anyway?

I broke it 30 minutes before... with nuts though.
I guess that doesn't count as light huh?

Apparently jumping rope for 5 minutes at 2 hops per second and at 100kgs burns about 100 calories

If I did 5 minutes every hour i'm awake that would be 1700 calories burnt

1700+2000 base= 3700 calories burnt every day

Could I lose a pound of fat a day with this? Or are my numbers messed up?

Get some urine test strips. They're like $8 burger bucks for 100.

lol why are you being an asshole about something you didn't disclose

But Cole said I should not

Rust Cohle told you not to exercise?

>Break my two 3 day fast with a fucking double hamburger
>Nothing happens to me

God truly loves me.

I hope the same happens today.

I don't think he meant to sound passive aggressive, if that's the way you took it.

Cole said you should if you are a fatass, just go for a slow run or light weightlifting or whatever.

I didn't mean to be an asshole though, it literally was a question m8.

I hate you f.a.m

My pussy stinks so bad I can't stand it!!!!!

My uncle is taking me out to Chipotle tomorrow for my birthday and I have been fasting for 10 days now, will I die if I eat a burrito?

Probably not. Refeeding only seems to be a concern for seriously long fasts.

If you usually suck his dick after Chipotle, this time do it before. Better to break your fast lightly with family semen.

This is the reason why the voting age should be 25. If he's this much of a retard about bacon, just imagine who he votes for.

Probably drumpf am I right?

baykin ahyuk

Break the fast today or tomorrow before the chipotle with something light senpai, or you'll spray your intestines out

I always get the shits after breaking a fast.

reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/76b86h/psa_dont_forget_that_the_gastrocolic_effect_is_a/

Literally checks out perfectly, i even ate a big meal.
Holy fug, maybe i should alternate between one meal every other day and >72h fasts for minimizing the shits.

For me this didn't work
Unless I eased back into eating after fasts of 48+hrs is get liquid shits
Ruined a pair of shorts from this
That applies to me though. Test it out yourself and see if it works for you

>when i eat i have to make a doo doo

>easing back into eating
How do you do it?

eazy(ng back into) e(ating)

he did? I thought he said nothing until you are in keto

Snakeguycole

Drink some broth a couple hours before feeding then 30 mins before feedi a bit of veggie puree

i like when you can see a girl's broth strap

Hell, making broth is kind of a bother.
Veggie puree i'm ok with though.

I'll whip you up a nice frothy broth right now. Stand still.

I'm thinking of mixing up some snake juice in this (1.89 L) jug and sipping on it throughout the day. That said, I have two questions:
A. What is the optimal amount of potassium citrate powder, pink salt, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar per jug? (I can calculate the ratios on my own from the Snake Diet channel but I wanted to hear anons' personal experience).
B. I'm thinking of adding glutathione powder to the mix to help improve my mental acuity. Is this a bad idea or not?
I can probably drink two jugs a day.

> inb4 wrist wrap
I'm a fat desk worker. I know this and want to change.