Study finds that strength accounts for 70% of male attractiveness

Scientists showed a group of 160 women photographs of shirtless, faceless men and asked to give them an attractiveness rating.

The results show men who looked strong, with muscular arms and toned torsos, did far better than those who had worked a little less hard at the gym.

>The appearance of physical strength was far and away the biggest factor in determining how attractive a man was seen to be.

> On its own, this accounted for more than 70 per cent of men’s attractiveness.

> Tall men also did well with the ladies, although less so, with strength, height and leanness all taken together making up 80 per cent of the attractiveness of the men.

Researchers wrote: ‘The results show that most male bodily attractiveness stems from cues of formidability and physical strength, and that strength increases attractiveness in a linear fashion.

> Not one of the women showed a ‘statistically significant preference for weaker men’, according to the Australian researchers.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5173311/Women-height-strength-attractive-men.html

Other urls found in this thread:

theblog.okcupid.com/we-experiment-on-human-beings-5dd9fe280cd5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is reassuring.

>faceless

If all you have to go by is a torso pic then no shit.

Did anyone doubt that height and musculature was attractive?

>If you take away a person's face, their body becomes their most attractive physical feature.
Someone actually paid to have this study done.

>The only thing you could see in the picture is what was judged.
>The better looking ones looked better
wow

>appearance of physical strength
So just muscle then?
fucking manlets can look """strong""" at 150lb sub 12% bodyfat. Easily achievable within maximum 1.5years natty lifting

t. 6'6 200lb 10% bodyfat with 520 diddly but looks ottermode

k e k

Hahaha take away the face they look at the body next hmmmmm who would have thought
Face>>>Body>>height>>>Personality

What about the other 20%?

>6'6 200lb
im 6'1" and 200lbs and look dyel as fuck, fucking eat something

your 1RM doesn't mean jack shit specially if you're a tall fuck. It's all about frame and insertions when it comes to looks. I know that's probably your point but there is a powerlifter at my gym he can 2/3/5/6 ez pz but looks like a builtfat with no definition at all. Meanwhile there are roiders benching 1 plate, squatting 2 that look fucking amazing since they are manlets and have a tiny waist.

Good, because I've been told by gay guys (they don't mind giving you a attractiveness number) that I have a 6.5 face but a 9 body. I'm 6'0, so I'm barely out of manlet territory, but I'm happy.

I just need to get a bit more lean, but the curse is you look smaller with a shirt on.

that's probably because you're high bodyfat, zyzz in his prime was 6'1" 190 lbs
with that said, not saying that the other guy isn't a lanklet that needs to eat, 6'6" 200 isn't really that much but not really small either
the swimmer camille leblanc has an average low-otter build and is 6'7" 180 lbs

No, it predominately has to do with shoulder width, chest depth, and frame size. I'm 6'3" 208lbs and I'm pretty skinny, I feel small, but you have to realize that it's all about the way tissue gets distributed over a large bone structure. If I bulked up to 230 and cut to 220 I would probably look big, but at 208 I look little

girls unironicly claim they like chubby dudes

>t. 6'6 200lb 10% bodyfat with 520 diddly but looks ottermode
dyel with chimparms

i can dl more at 5'8 200lbs lmao

no shit

but also
>lifting for girls

so which of them would have the better frame? The guy that looks dyel at 6'1 200lbs, or the 6'6 guy 200lb guy.

zyzz was over 200 lbs in his prime, absolutely shredded and had relatively small legs, im around 15 % bf probably and need to gain at least 30 lbs of lean muscle mass to call myself muscular

That's because they want to look better than their guy does, no woman wants to be overshadowed in looks by a dude

>listening to what girls say they want

Most of the time they don't even know what they want, but you can bet your sweet ass that it isn't what they're saying they want

I can't possibly know that without seeing pics, but it would be whoever has broader shoulders. Broad shoulders gives an automatic advantage for a v taper and makes you look more imposing. Downsides: you crash into doorframes constantly.

oh ok
but in theory, is it better to look dyel skinny at higher weight or look strong/fit at low weight?
In other words is it better to look heavier than you actually are
If that makes sense...

that was exactly my point

>most girls want a fat nigger who can't stand up to shit
>its so obvious because they literally never say they want fat niggers who can't stand up to shit

Without a face and a good body every sub8 male looks good.
Add the face back and they'll see adrastical change in their findings that the body play a very small role in attractivness as long as it isn't fat..

>Personality

apex kek
Personality means shit and you know it.

>be a hot slut and ask for sluts, those people whose only standards are that you are hot
>liken this to people with personality
yeah ok so your argument is that every person is literally a nigger with a baby daddy whose going to suck dick before the first date right?

Try one with a good looking guy and an overtly autistic personality - I'd love to see the results of that, if only for keks

You're also obese

Alternatively:
theblog.okcupid.com/we-experiment-on-human-beings-5dd9fe280cd5

>According to our users, “looks” and “personality” were the same thing, which of course makes perfect sense because, you know, a young female account holder, with a 99th percentile personality, whose profile, by the way, contained no text, is just so obviously a really cool person to hang out and talk to and clutch driftwood with.

>let me just intentionally misconstrue your argument and act smug so i feel like less of a retard
Hes right and youre wrong. Deal with it, brainlet

>people are still baffled that our brain is literally still in the monkey stage

why is it so hard to understand?

Well I'm sure that personality can also make someone seem more or less attractive

Doesn't mean they're not tied together obviously

nono. I'm saying that being found attractive will also cause others to view your personality favorably.

So before a bunch of DYELs are like "but mah personality" here's something to suggest otherwise.

>water is wet

I know what you're saying, and I agree, but I'm saying that it's possible that it works both ways. (Ie if you're average looking with average personality you'll be rated average but if you're average with a really good personality you might gain some points )

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, I'm saying that it's possible to be the case.

I'm sure there is one already.
I rememebr one with a guy claiming to be a former ISIS fighter and another one with being a nazi.
Same shit as in this one happened.

>faceless men

what a shit study. obviously when you remove the face, women have nothing left to judge the men by except their muscles

Lol post the Nazi one please.

Yeah except to the beta fatties

But that's the point though. Soyboys and feminazis would say it's NOT muscularity

EL O EL

I've noticed myself that being lightly (don't overdo it) rude and pushy works better with tinder girls than being polite does. Yesterday I was playing around messaging girls in far away locations just as practice. Sent this one girl an anti-semetic joke as an opener and then suggested we go to the gas station and eat snacks in my car, and she was liking it lmao

I think the point being made is it would have been more interesting to see if these women would select fat out of shape guys with a 10/10 face over the fit guys. When you take away all other variables it doesn't say that's what they prefer over all.

so this is why lanklets are so bitter

Oooh I love it, that's too funny

Makes me want to get out my old iPhone and make a fake profile like that.

>(((Looking))) strong

Liars or fetishists

They’ve done studies for that. Women were found to assume the existence good personality traits if good physical traits were evident, and even with evident good personality traits a bad body couldn’t make the cut.

They don't like "chubby dudes", what they actually like are men with enough fat to make the girls themselves feel more secure and comfortable about their own status and body. What those kinds of girls *really* like beyond that basic template is when that kind of man is generally large and has a lot of muscle mass to offset the fat.