/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Thanks to whomever recommended shorting Brazil. :^) That was really helpful.

Www.share.robinhood.com/davidt917

Also buy $CHFS
Going to 10000$

Fuck off david

What was Trump's announcement? Market going to continue declining today?

>not covering your short as soon as your realized the US's market was recovering

I did yesterday

Sorry man, but that's just how things are. Sometimes shit recovers, some times it does worse. Put in a market order now so it auto sells at open. You'll probably take like a 5%ish lost

The market looks like it's trying to recover today so your loss should be offset by gains from other stocks in your portfolio.

>other stocks in your portfolio
Since when do Robincucks diversify?

BSTI PRIMED FOR ZOOM ZOOM

Reminder to take advantage of the Stitch Fix (SFIX) IPO tomorrow. Probably going to be a good one to buy as soon as it starts trading and flip a couple hours later. Or it might flop, who knows?

What does covering your short mean?

I sold it as soon as I saw the markets were up.

I'm a big boi (mummy's big boi to be exact) so take responsibility. I didn't buy very much either and yeah I'm fairly diversified.

I'll report back by 7 and end of day.
Expect 7%+ today.

Also, what's a EFT that goes with Brazils market rather than shorts it? Seems like they are on the up and up from what I can read.

DRYS to the moon when?

OH BTW.
PTN
BOTZ
LIT
NAK

LOOK ALIVE BOYS.
GATES OPEN IN 10.

How do I look?

It means getting out of that shit.

Don't worry user... It's going back to $1.5 billion soon...

>that user who was doing shitty and hoping to make his money back from bsti earnings
F

I think I just made a bunch of money on these 100 GE call options...

Oh. Yeah, did that. Lost two bucks.

*yawn*
another day no sleep, 150mg of adderal
Quick, what stock do I buy today

just shorted wal mart for a quick 4%

why the fuck it so high

That's a lot of Adderall. I used to take 90mg per day and thought I was pretty stout. I split it up throughout the day too. Like 30-40mg AM, then little boosters.

I got a few shares of SHOP I bought way too high on my first day trading, in them at 103 average. Is today a good day to drop them since it's almost at 100 now? I'm not confident SHOP will get much above it's current amount, at least not for some time. So an up day is a good day to dump, right?

shorted again for another 4%

seriously why walmart so high? swing it

yeah cut that shit loose

CHFS doing crazy shit again m80s

GBR going for it again

Holy shit those 5m candles on ABIO and GBR

I fucked up on TRXC...

They just announced UPS integration or some shit today, so, good exit time. Now the question is just when today to do it.

some hot spots in the market today

Why don't you guys just trade the first 3 minutes of the day 3 times a week. It's frightening and you have to fight greed but shit man I turned 500$ to this in a little over a week.

Because I don't know how.

I'm honestly even a little too new. But I have had good runs on TOPS , DCIX , MOSY and now CADS

How did you decide on the stocks you bought?

>it's so easy to make money
>just buy greek stocks :^)

Why cant it be like this everday mommy

This. That's where I'm unsure.

lol alright I think thats enough money for one day. need to leave some for everyone else

You just want to masturbate on adderall all day, don't you?

GBR getting ready to spike again

no I only want to get Gains

I had beginners luck and thought it was easy too. Chart is fucked btw. Withdrew and deposited a bunch of times. In reality I'm only in the hole about 2k.

Honest answer? I pick about 6, 3 times a week, and watch them from 8:45 to 9:29. And stare at my screen for every penny movement. Then make my decision between 9:30 and 9:32 then I'm out by 9:40 at the latest. The hardest thing though, is fucking greed. Fighting greed when you are watching stocks spike like that is incredibly hard.

GBR, CADC, MRDN, CHFS (out of steam imo) - first three are on fire rn

sometimes easy winners at the beginning can be a curse

it's not that easy most independent traders lose money

Wal mart is gonna go down from here right?

>adderall
>masturbate

How? I always get stimdick on that shit and can't keep it up.

People masturbate on speed literally all day, for hours on end. Maybe have 2 or 3 orgasms. It's a lot of work and a lot of edging.

What kind of scanner do you use to find then

GUYS SOMEONE TELL ME WALMART IS GONNA RETRACE BACK TO 95.8

Fuck that, that sounds awful.

I was bagholding chfs for the longest time and never knew when i was getting out. Such a relief I finally got all my money back and more.

It made me think if I bought it at it's lowest i would have had thousands in profits. I might make this my strategy by going after oversold stocks and hodling until i cant hold no more.

If I only have 200 dollars in my robin hood account is that enough to start investing into Index funds or vanguard mutual funds?

Its taken me about a year of saving 10 dollars at a time to get 200 dollars into my RH account. Index funds are the safest right? How safe will i be if the stock bubble pops while I have my entire 200 into a vanguard mutual index fund?

>2 or 3 orgasms
I can do this on a normal day within an hour

nope

>2 or 3 orgasms
>I can do this on a normal day within an hour
me too, and the first hour of waking up too

When you actually get to cum, it's supposedly literally the best feeling imaginable.
The point is that its hard to achieve on stims and very spread out.

It's 200$ dude. If you are afraid to lose 100% of that money you shouldn't tradr at all.

If the stock market tanks and loses 40% of its value then your vanguard funds will also lose around 40% of their value. That's part of the inherent risk of putting money in the stock market.

Vanguard funds (index tracking funds in general) keep you from being a retard and picking a bunch of shitty stocks on your own and losing money when the market as a whole is making money. Most people suck at picking stocks and they're even worse at deciding on when they should enter or exit a position.

How the fuck are you down 50% since the market low of 2016? Literally could have put it all in SPY and walked away for 2 years.

CHFS, CADC, GBR, MRDN

So... nobody can explain the walmart? news just says its discount sales wtf

im gonna diareah

What's not to understand? They're a megacorporation that beat earnings.

CHFS looks done

GBR will be a big runner soon imo

oh fuck i didnt realize earnings were today

whats your guys excuse not being in PLX? climbing since August and Mertin Shkreli in it or longterm.

So what's the best and safest index mutual fund on robin hood app?

What should I do after the next stock market crash?

>So... nobody can explain the walmart?
instead of actually looking for 10 seconds into the stock you are shorting you instead come into /rgt/ and ask

wow. kys

My girlfriend told me last night that they're going to have an IPO on Friday. She loves the company because she likes buying clothes and shit but "hates shopping".... Seems like it could be a good money maker considering they generated over $700 million last year and I'm assuming a decent percentage of that will be profit considering the high markup on clothing, shoes, handbags, etc. I'm not big on playing IPOs so I'll probably be watching from the sidelines.

>SFIX IPO is so greatly anticipated Robinhood put it on before its trading for once
I think this is going to be a good one. Maybe even another Roku Normalfags like it and Wall Street has been trying to get a piece of this pie for years.

I'm glad people are talking about it. Makes me more confident in it.

>What should I do after the next stock market crash?

If you're not comfortable with trading then you should hold cash through the cash and go all in on index funds when the market is low. Tech companies are WAY overvalued right now so the NASDAQ is probably going to get hammered when the crash comes and should see a substantial rebound after the crash. Going half & half with a S&P500 tracking fund and a NASDAQ tracking fund when things have bottomed out would be a solid investment strategy.

Stitch fix is a dumb name
sounds like a fabric repair company

Well I'd never heard of it before she mentioned it last night. Seems like it has experienced rapid growth since its inception though and the company founders have solid experience in the fashion / clothing sector.

kek, I thought the same thing

my bf tried it once, he doesn't care about clothing so it worked well for him. The results weren't bad, it is pretty catalogue looking stuff. Like what someone looks like when they exclusively shop at Banana Republic, if you know what I mean.

I looked at it for myself but they didn't offer small enough sizes at the time for jeans.

It's supposed to be a joke about normalfags being obsessed with clothes to the point of being addicted and needing their "fix" like a drug.
I'm not into fashion, but I've heard about it quite a few times over the years just from them advertising in normalfag media.

Holy fuck, I just checked and it has nearly twice as much yearly revenue as Roku. I'm going all in on this shit.

VTGN up over 7%

GBR

Yeah, when my gf first told me about it I was thinking, "pfft, no way this dumb shit is going to be profitable, how many people would even use a service like this" and then I looked into it and was dumbfounded that they had over $700 million in sales for 2016. It'll be interesting to see what happens with their IPO considering they're going to be on track for $1 billion in annual revenue pretty soon and they've been profitable since 2014 unlike most tech companies that have IPOs.

Who doesn't love MU

Better get into AMAT, another semiconductor with earnings at 4:30

Nice, you own that?

1500 @ 1.33 holding till closer to $4

low float just buy some shares and lock them up high.

get in..

Nah, not buying in when it's already up 22%.

after it runs and spikes you will keep GBR on your watch list... everyone does.

Been in and out of it for years and everyone says the same thing you do, then it spikes they miss out but then they always watch it and play it everytime

the float hasn't changed the past 3 years or so that i have been trading it.

What will it spike to?

Yeah, I'll probably just sit it out and watch like the rest. It's gone to $4 twice, and why would this be that spike? there is another that's just 2.5 or so.

honestly no clue man it could spike to $3 or $4 or even something like $8

the float is so low on it there is no telling where it will go, but im pretty sure it's not done, all spikes have been 100% im holding up high if i see it slowing down ill sell. For now, it looks like it's starting to trend up.

Wish you luck. Don't get too greedy

GBR has been trending up, CADC is doing a head and shoulders, break out soon

>Wish you luck. Don't get too greedy
thanks buddy, after 5 years of trading i appreciate your advice.

pullback on GBR 5min about that time to get in if you haven't already watch for entry

How hard is it to get approved for a interactive brokers account?

Who here still /BAC+B/
Holding through this dip, expect it to rise within the next few months especially with the new fed chair.

I'm still waiting for it to go under a dollar. Hopefully the rise in the past day and a half is just a bull trap.