Have gym membership

>have gym membership
>want to lift
>dunno how, no experience
>don't want to embarrass myself. Too shy/socially awkward
>just use the elliptical for an hour and go home

What should I do? How do I get into lifting without looking like an idiot and fucking up, getting laughed at by everyone?

go when it's the least busy

Don't be scared op! A lot of people enter the gym with this same apprehensiveness, but I can assure you no one is gonna judge you. Fuck if anything you'll gain some respect for atleast attempting to better yourself.

Focus on proper form and don't use heavier weight than you can handle. People that are serious about the gym are too focused on their own workout to be judging you.

How tall are you?

I'll let you in on a secret, nobody gives a fuck what you're doing, they only care about themselves. And if you're still scared go when it's not that busy like people said

If its 24h gym go really early on Sunday, you probably have the whole gym to yourself. Then you can try stuff.

What helped me was getting a friend to come with me. Also I watched ton of youtube shit for the lifts I wanted to do/try.

Now when I'm little more comfortable I just do stuff even if I don't know how to do it or why I should do it. I try to watch how others do it or I just make my own shit up.

Go to youtube and watch a video of Dorian Yates training in his prime. Train exactly as he does.

On a more serious note though, you are already showing serious lowtest/manlet behavior. So here is my relatively tard proof list of things to do.

1. Download a workout app. (I used loox, which is terrible, but its just about getting of your ass at this point)
2. Choose a beginners workout. Something easy. nothing longer than 6 weeks.
3. watch videos of how to do the exercises properly. ( even for machine exercises)
4. No go to the gym and do your workout. Stick religiously to your times and your workout app. Fuck entering every little detail, but keep attending on the daysuggested in the app. Don't change exercises ever.
5. after the 6 weeks are over, you will have gained confidence and can do a new workout.

see? autism-proof.

>Every newbie has the exact same retarded sentiment with regard to starting at the gym

Not OP but just what I maybe needed

Any Good recs of good workout aps?

Whats the worst that could happen except that everyone is going to think you look like an autistic faggot. One of them may even record you when you are not looking and post it here. Then you become a meme and have to live the rest of your life in shame with no gf.

This is a stupid easy fix go to scooby workshop website build custom workout plan look up the recommended lifts. Id stick to elliptical an hour a day for skin/cardio gains and just eat a bit more. Scooby is right, lots of cardio is most important thing.

>I can assure you no one is gonna judge you
I will

Do diet research and Download myfitnesspal and start logging

Go to bodybuilding.com and find a workout regiment you like

Find videos on that days specific lifts. Maybe save them to your phone

Go to the gym and do those lifts with light weight to master the form. Move up from there (make sure if it's squats, deadlifts, other large lifts that your form is down. Practice with the bar only at first)

Stop being a faggot and caring what anyone thinks? I'm a lanklet and don't give a flying fuck when I did the bar only for squats

I'm socially anxious too. What helped me first time in the gym is doing cardio first. I ran on a treadmill for half an hour to get use to atmosphere and to see that nothing terrible is happening. Then tried some machines that have easy to understand instructions. Then went to exercises that I knew how to do (pull ups and lateral raises etc). After that I was pretty comfortable to do whatever.
Now I really look forward to every gym session and regret not starting much much earlier. Good luck!

I'm as awkward and anxious as everyone else on this board, and I felt the same way when I first started working out. But after a month I felt comfortable enough to do hip thrusts in front of everyone. No one is paying that much attention to you.

I don't necessarily recommend this since you won't maximize your initial gains but I didn't do any free-weights for the first 2 or 3 months lifting, just the machines. The machines are very hard to do wrong so you won't worry about that, and you can get an idea of how the free weights work by watching other people. You will still gain strength just not as much as with free weights

Look up forms, use light weights, awkwardenes dissapears after 2-3 times.

>Turkey Hill pomegranate lemonade
That shit is 100% the best thing you'll ever drink.

Watch videos before you go, but yeah everyone looks a little foolish the first time they lift. But idk when I'm lifting I don't really pay attention to what other people are doing since, you know, working out requires some concentration, so I doubt people will judge you as much as you think.
Just start, it's this fear that prevents alot of people from going to the gym. Just remember everyone began where you're at at some point

dont you have gym staff that will introduce you to all the exercises and give you an introductory exercise plan?

alternatively ask other gym people

on my first week at the gym when I needed help benching and squatting what I did is go to the toughest and strongest looking guy and ask them if they could help me. they were always very experienced and friendly and gave me great advice

what do you think is the worst thing that can possibly happen? I am extremely introverted and even I managed to do it

do machines for 3 months

Well, Rodney will.

>he didnt do freeweights on day one
never gonna make it

i like where this is going

Are you me

do the exact opposite, make up something in your head with no input from here ever if it's ridiculous, then go to the gym and make fun of people that aren't doing what you're doing. yell and make sure you quote the movies "Predator", "Top Gun", and "300", all within a 5 minute time frame and tell everyone you think you just broke a world record after every excercise

Start with a goals list of what you want to accomplish in 6 Months, 1 Year, 2 Years and 5 Years from today.

Then ask for more specific advice.

Yes.