Veeky Forums are you an underachiever?

Veeky Forums are you an underachiever?

yes im a shut-in unironically play vidya gaems all day eat chicken tendies and lifting weights. its all i do with my life im also a kissless virgin

>never went to high school
>social anxiety
>dropped out after failing 10th grade
>played WoW for 25000 hours
>was obese, went down to 170, then back to 260 again
>just ended 3 year relationship
>no skills, but at least have some passion
>chronic laziness, weed addict
>lifting for 1.5 years but only just touching 1/2/3/4 now
>only had one job and quit it after a year
>just got license two months ago on 23rd birthday
>only one irl friend, my ex
>lost contact with most of internet friends
I'm pretty happy though, only thing I'd change is being 170lbs again and finding a way to make money from home

yes.
it's because i was never challenged in school when i was a child.
the way classes are taught at university doesn't work for me either, so i just got depressed.
everyone thinks being intellectually gifted makes things easier for you, but it doesn't.
because the vast majority of people are uninformed and less intelligent, you get isolated and eventually depressed.
it sucks when you fall outside the system.

Yes, by choice.
All teachers who have met my parents described me as a genius who doesn't work hard enough to achieve his potential. They also called me overconfident.
I watch rick and morty so that means I'm pretty smart

Yup. And I hate my life right now, but I only have myself and the choices I made to blame.

>i'm really smart i just can't do well academically at university
>you know, the place where you actually apply intelligence
>nonono it just doesn't work for me
If you're so fucking smart then you should be able to figure out how to do well in school. In other words, you're not smart if you can't figure it out. The worst kind of idiots are the ones who think they aren't.

No but I've failed so many times that sometimes I get really depressed and jack off alot and just sleep. It's also really hard to keep going when you've basically peaked by 25. Your goals need to become bigger and harder to attain and then when you attain them, or fail trying, it just adds onto the weight you have to carry.
But we all die anyways. Might as well finish the ride.

>it's because i was never challenged in school when i was a child.
This. I never learned how to actually learn properly. I never had to put any effort in until high school and by then I was already a lazy fucker.

Well at least you have nothing to lose. I figure I have about 10-15 years left before I start turning to an old ugly piece of shit. So I might as well enjoy it and do a lot of roids nd stuff.

How old are you user. I don't plan on roids for a few more years. There's one really good thing about being an overachiever, is that you always get something. But I've learned never what you really want. I'm toying with the idea of starting pre med by next year. If it goes well, then Med school obviously.
You have to keep trying though. It's really the only "Secret" to getting stuff. tangible and intangible.

>be me last year
>studying aerospace engineering at a top school
>top of the class at uni in first year
>one of the 10 best students out of 600
>get scholarship

>be me this year
>already failed 3 out of 5 courses
>still can fuck up on the other 2
>absolutely no source of motivation
>considering changing path, tho my parents won't probably like the idea

I've tried self-resentment.
It doesn't work.

Realize there is no such thing as "yourself", there is no such thing as "choices".
Being hard on yourself because you can't stick to whatever you set out only works if it changes something for the better.
If it leaves you worse off than before, it's of no use.
Look at it pragmatically, look if something works. If it does, great. If it doesn't, try something else.

While I think that is one part of it, I don't think that's everything.
Girls do better in the current education systems because they're more suited for it.
The way material is taught by most schools doesn't work for everyone.
It works for many, and the others are just expected to adapt to it.
Combined with pressure to succeed from society, and you end up with 18-25 year old males being most at risk for committing suicide.

this is exactly the kind of reaction I get from most people of average intelligence.
and because so many people think like this, it's hard not to become isolated and depressed.

>this is exactly the kind of reaction I get from most people of average intelligence
You sound like an irl fedora tipper with your
>muh supeerier intellijence

the "im so dumb upvote me huehue" jerk is getting tiring.
try reddit if you want pity points for saying you're retarded.

can you be an underachiever if you've never achieved anything?

>25000 hrs
Are you joking? That's almost 3 years

yes ofcourse

Yes, college is fucking hell. Just trying to get through it and enter the market somehow.

It took me forever to learn how to succeed in college. It took me forever to learn that academia isn't about learning, but about digesting and regurgitating.
The college doesn't care if I got distracted by a quote from Malthus in anthropology and read his Principles of Population instead of doing my essay on monkey fucking. The college doesn't care if I got distracted by the history behind rhetoric and debate, and wrote about popular figures utilizing tried and true methods of obsfucation to conceal their true motives instead of the video response on a comment about Michelle Obama's hair.

What people are trying to explain to you is that academia is for drones, and that it is hard for "not drones" to be as mindless and conformist as you. Thus they fail; in school and in life.

If you were good than you could be good now. You just don't want to.
Rediscover your passion, find out what you want in life and do that.

I'm like you, however I do really well in university because I just study the way that suits me. I haven't really done any exercises in past 5 years but I've read a lot of books and made a lot of notes and I'm like top 20% in my year. (Medicine, so quite the competition). It sounds like you've already given up on university. If you really are that smart than by all means do so and educate yourself start your own business.

no regrets, WoW was great and if you missed out i feel sorry for you

So you you're "too smart" to give the teacher what they want? You're "too smart" to understand that to get a good grade you need to do whatever bullshit assignment is given to you? No wonder you can't succeed in school. You're not doing what the teachers are asking of you. Unless you go to a school with genuinely good professors you can't expect them to give you an education on-par with your suuupereer intellect.

holy shit user