How do you tell people that behind the neck lat pull downs are bad for the shoulders?

How do you tell people that behind the neck lat pull downs are bad for the shoulders?

They just tell me, AHRNULD DID IT

don't give people advice why do you care? even your friends won't be in your life in another year or two, let them fuck their shit up

You don't? You mind your own business and stop acting like a fucking nerd?

you tell them once, and when they fuck their shit up, they might start to listen.

lol fucking pepes
but what about quicker

You have the wrong idea friend. The Resolutioners should be told to lat pull behind the neck. As well as the trick to lifting massive weight on each of the big lifts: squatting in socks, cat-back for deadlifts, every newb can bench 2pl8, and my personal favorite, lock your knees for max power during OHP.

You need to be a more welcoming gymbro user. These people need our help.

devilish dubs

>when DYELs spout broscience to seem knowledgeable because they're weak as shit

If you don't know enough about biomechanics to explain the reasoning behind your band wagon decision, you're not in a place to be giving advice period.

i have nothing to prove so i let people do whatever they want

there's plenty of material and videos online about why behind the neck can cause shoulder impingement

biomechanics is the reason why it's bad for your shoulders dummy

i do all my lifts in socks. lifting shoes are only necessary if you lack flexibility

ya but arnold did it

deadlifting in socks is for pussies

>hey human male move this object from a to b in a seated or standing position
>lol put it behind my head

your ancestors should have snapped their shit and been left to die.

It's not that bad done correctly, same as upright rows, btn press and other similar lifts constantly worried about by DYELs.

Meh I don't give much advice at all. Only done it like once after a manlet asked for a spot on bench, was going heavy for a few reps but I pointed out he was keeping his butt on the bench. He just said oh then proceeded to keep doing that.

Anyways, at this point I just say fuck it, let them hurt themselves.

>squatting in socks

What's the problem with this?

butt off the bench, not on.

While I'm a big Arnold fan, he didn't have the literature we have now. Knowing btn pull downs don't produce more muscle activation, I doubt he would have done them. And who the fuck cares if it's bad? A lot of lifts are more risky than others. It's more important to realize there's no benefits rather than that there are risks. Even before I knew they were bad, I had no desire to do them, just because it felt bad.

I will say btn pressing is hugely underrated. When I started lifting I didn't have room to OHP so I had to do btn presses to work my shoulders and I saw killer gains.

Never give advice unless people ask for it, or are your broest bro or a bitch you're banging.

If it's a bitch (or maybe your bro), come up behind them and slowwwwwwwly take your dick out. Then start fucking them in the ass and gently whisper in their ear

"Bar in front of shoulders"

mind your own business you stupid reddit faggot, just because you are a fatty doesn't mean that other people don't have the mobility to do behind the neck exercises

sage kys

Also, I forgot to add this. Go fuck right off if you give unsolicited advice to people.

OP is a retard for even thinking that behind the neck pulldown/press is bad for shoulders. It's only considered "bad" because DYELs like yourself do them completely wrong. Properly warm up and have a snatch grip and there you go, no more problems.

kys retard don't ever try to give anyone advice