Front shoulder pain when benching?

Anons plz help. I have recently started experiencing shoulder pain in the front of my shoulders when benching even when I’m not benching very heavy. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY
youtube.com/watch?v=CaTs8K-f2NE
youtube.com/watch?v=ljvEBE9kkg4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5iCcKzg2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You sure you don't have a muscle knot? I get muscle knots right there from sitting in front of my computer too much. Feel around for a hard rubbery knot right where the pain is. If it's very sore when you push in on it, you got a knot.

This is no problem generally and will go away after a little while, from my experience. The Delts get activated during bench press as well and doms can be the result.

How long has it been happening? Also how much is not very heavy?

Bring grip closer, and elbows inward. Don't flare your elbows out.

Try changing your grip width. I had the same issue and used a slightly narrower grip and that fixed it.

Impinged shoulder. You either fucked it doing OHP or by benching with poor form.

You'll need to do a bit of rehab work.

these guys are right. stop flaring your elbows and tearing up your rotator cuff unless you want a long rehab from a surgery that doesn't even fix it

tuck your elbows in and make sure you have an arch in your back
form is extremely important in the bench because a slight change can put the majority of the weight on your front delt instead of your pec which will almost guaranteed cause injury
yeah you're gonna feel a bit weaker, but that will pass once you train it

What kind of rehab work?

Will forcing my grip and elbows inward cause me to lift less ?

Google rotator cuff injury exercises

It's Shoulder Impingement. It will get gradually worse until you can no longer bench and even wake up with pain every morning.

Solution? Internal/External Rotation Exercises and FACEPULLS.

This made my fucked up shoulder heal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY

yes but you will eventually be able to lift more for longer because you aren't destroying your rotator cuff. your form is bad and you're instinctively shifting the load from your pecs to your front deltoid and impinging your shoulder when you do that.

tighten your back, retract your scapula, tuck your elbows farther inward, and then press. watch one of the million how to bench videos on youtube.

Your bench form is shit. You’re ego lifting.

I really want to do this, but I have a homegym (barbelsl, dumbells. rack, bench) since there are no decent gyms nearby. Can this movement be edone with dumbells ok or do they really need a cable?

you can do some shoulder rehab stuff with a 5lb plate instead but seriously rest and fix your bench form or it isn't going to help you to rehab

there's no way for me to imagine how to do this special way of facepulls with dumbbells senpai

Just get yourself some elastic fitness bands for 2-3 bucks and do it you will greatly benefit from it and your body will thank you

Apologies not OP, but similar issues I've noticed with internal shoulder rotation so thought I'd ask.

Yeah found a couple of weird variations on youtube that do not seem effective:
youtube.com/watch?v=CaTs8K-f2NE
youtube.com/watch?v=ljvEBE9kkg4

I'll get hold of some of those, they freak me out a bit because I irrationally worry they will snap and hit me in the eye but yeah healthy shoulders is definitely better.

rotator cuff injury.

it's actually in the rear, not the front shoulders.

I had similar issues, now I do tons of facepulls and pay a lot of attention to keeping my scapula retracted. I just benched 250 pain free.

Note that you don’t want your elbows to be inward TOO much. This will fuck up your shoulders as well. You want your elbows to be about 75 degrees out from your torso. When i heard “tuck your elbows in” i would tuck my elbows in to like 45 degrees or less and it fucked my shoulder even more.

>”i have shoulder pain in the front of my shoulder”
>NO actually you have pain in the REAR of your shoulder!

OP watch this video it helped stop my shoulder pain from benching and also helped me start to feel the exercise in my chest
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5iCcKzg2Q

Correct your position you're benching in the wrong position, push your arms backward and the traps down Period no more pain.

This is most likely true. I switched to decline bench because I find it doesn't overload my front delt although good form, namely retracting your scapula still applies.

Such power, such a small man

too scared to do OHP, have to use dumbells.

My anterior delts always are sore and achey after OHP. They fucking hurt right now. Is this normal for OHP or do I have bad form? I used to getting on flat bench until I corrected my form and brought my elbows in, but now OHP causes it to flare up a bit. Do I need to use dumbbells only?

Fish oil and vit c

Fix your bench form.
do more rear delt shit.
Ultimately do more overhead pushes than horizontal, aesthetics wont suffer.

This is it, i had the same problem OP described because i fucked my shoulder doing OHP on the smith machine(long story) three weeks of jeff cav... exercises should do the trick.

It's shoulder impingement. Make sure to lock out directly above your shoulders and descend slightly lower on your chest