What are the best exercises to build a big meaty back?

What are the best exercises to build a big meaty back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uYm7SJn_6ZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Deadlifts, OHP, Chins

>grab barbell
>put weight on it
>lift it up then put it down again, repeat

Conventional deadlift first, followed by 3x8 weighted pullups with a moderately wide grip, Supinated Barbell rows off the floor, and then 3x10 Facepulls

Squat and standing military press, as well, should be in your routine

Also, make sure you have a hamstring barbell movement on your leg day, either barbell hyperextensions (deadlift style from the floor) or stiff legged deadlifts

the snatch and the clean
ever seen an olympic lifter with a small back?

>supinated barbell rows
spotted the dyel

OHP? wot

Over Head Press... you nub

Pull ups and more pull ups

OHP as long as you shrug up top, clean/snatch pulls for traps, face pulls for rear delts, barbell rows and pullups for the rest.

I think he is wondering why a shoulder exercise is the best way to train your back

OHP works the upper traps for some fucking reason, actually a fair bit

Having a hard life

a cheat rowing motion
behind the back rack pulls
cheat shrugs
farmer walks
bent over lateral raises
IN THAT ORDER

Weighted chin-ups

Hero hunting 5 times a week.

CLEANS CLEANS CLEANS CLEANS

Rows and pull-ups

This guy deadlifts 900lbs++ at less than 200lbs and his back doesnt even look human like anymore.

really surprised no one is talking about trap bar deadlifts

I started doing them in recent weeks and have seen my traps respond quite nicely to them

How do I demand my LA Shitness to order one? I want to do trap bar DL so bad bby.

weighted chins

and heavy as fuck t bar rows. use as much leg drive and pull as violently as you can.

Typical roid back full of scars

sorry about that. one time I went with an ex to an LA fitness and they wouldn't let me work out because I was visiting from another state and couldn't be treated as a potential new client so I've always fucking hated them

my gold's gym is pretty minimalist but yea surprisingly they have a nice variety of different barbells

maybe threaten to switch gyms?

Buy your own then?

I paid 3 years in advance because I got them down to 15 bucks a month but I'll try anyway. Wish me luck.

OHP hits traps as well as shoulders, thr entite upper back is engaged.

pull ups/ lat pulldowns
chin ups/ close grip pulldowns
bent over rows/ t-bar rows/ one hand rows/ low cable rows
Deadlifts
Shrugs/Face pulls

>pullups wide grip for back

even more dyel. chins is where its at.

He's 220+ now

Deadlifts are not too good for back gains, hence why no top bodybuilder does them. Best back exercises are:

>T-Bar Rows
>Yates Rows
>Bentover Rows
>Pendlay Rows
>Neck Extensions
>Facepulls
>Pullups
>Machine Pullovers
>Lower back exercises such as Good Mornings, Reverse Hypers and Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Holding the bar/db at the chest for 10 seconds at the end of the set when doing rows will destroy your rhomboids.

Rear Delts and the back of the neck will add back mass

Lower Back gains will add a lot as well

Upside-down pushups.

Use the ab wheel. Load 45,s to each handle then preform pullovers in strict fashion. Do NOT breath during the 3-4 sets. This will negate all possible muscular gains. And remember, stretch before the exercise!!

Are you literally retarded? Every single top bodybuilder fucking does them. Ultra-chad aka chad bumpstead pulls over 7 plates and heavily advocates deadlifts. Even arnie pulled 700+ back in the day.
Youre just a bitch thats too pussy to do deads and is looking for fake excuses.
Stay dyel nigger.

Chinups, add weight when you can do 10 reps or so
Rows (any variation really, do what feels the best for you)
Deadlifts if you're under lmao4pl8
Rack pulls in addition to deadlifts if you can dl, say, lmao 4.5pl8 (at knee or above, snatch grip, full reset vs. touch and go vs. bar doesn't touch the rack between reps etc. There's plenty of room for experimentation)
Barbell shrugs

Show me one photo of Phil heath doing a deadlift then. They're literally the most DYEL exercise you can do, especially for high reps

Ever see an accomplished Olympic lifter that wasn't on gear?

Unironically heavy rackpulls

Couldn't you just use a 90lb dumbbell instead of doing dumb shit?

Do you want a huge back or a huge bloatgut?

>Thinks phil heath is some sort of role model and that you should follow his training methods.
The ballad of the DYEl.

Upper
>Dumbbell Shrug
>Face Pull

Mid
>Dumbbell Row
>T-Bar Row
>Weighted Chin-Up

Lower / Other
>Deadlifts
>Barbell Back Extensions

Not Phil but here's Ronnie.

youtu.be/uYm7SJn_6ZI

what did he mean by this

Does the OHP variant with dumbells instead of barbells hit the upper back? I wish I knew the name of that particular lift

deadlifts, pull ups, rows of every kind and pretty much anything that works your grip

You literally mean Dumbbell Overhead Press? And it does less.

Muscle ups

Yeah, half the ones from my gym and all the ones from shithouse countries whose sports commission can't afford to trick WADA