QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT
Didn't see one in the catalogue

Why the fuck does my nose get congested after working out?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tl:dr do i continue my bulk (from 150 to 170) or cut because im getting fat?

>Background
Went from 245 to 150 lbs and i started bulking in mid september back up to 170.
Im 6 foot, size 30 waist but my pants have been getting tight and im worried im just getting fat now.
Would i look ok if i cut now or should i just get fatter?

>bonus
Does it look like my hips are fucked, cant tell if its fat or my genetics

is low carb a fat or does it have benefits (im not looking to lose weight)

Low carb is a meme, normies eat tons of junk food and junk food is usually high in carbs so ofc they feel better when they cut out the carbs

what i see around the internet, is the following:
>if you are below 12% bodyfat, bulk
>if you are above 15%, cut
not sure how much this is appropriate, but thought i'd share

How do I safely use plates without a spotter?
No gymbrohoes at the momentos.

>spotter
what's that?

Last time i had it checked i was 9%, scrawny but no fat.
Ill have to get it checked again thanks.

bench inside a rack?
safest way anyway, spotters can get distracted, cold hard metal wont

Is this your first bulk? What are your lifts?

Because you might want to get your numbers up before you cut

I don't think I see creatine discussed too much in threads I visit - does everyone do it or will it destroy my kidneys or something?

I have a home gym that consists of a barbell&weight, a pull-up bar/dipstation, and two adjustable dumbbells. I don't have room for a rack

How would I run a beginner program with no rack? Should I customize starting strength with Z. Squats and dumbell presses?

it doesnt get discussed because there's nothing to discuss, if you are doing a low rep program then use it, if not dont use it as it wont work that great

it can cause balding early if you are susceptible to balding then it's your choice

by cleaning the weight off the floor

or doing a faggot dumbbell split

are the aesthetic effects from it that major?

Creatine is perfectly healthy so long as you take the recommended dosage. It will however raise your DHT, so if you're predisposed to balding it could accelerate that

My last orm max on squat was 170, about 9 weeks ago, I can now do 10 reps of 175, how do I make similar bench gains?

I've been cleaning it up for my overhead pressing. What should be my primary squat?

it doesnt have aesthetics effects, do you even know what creatine is?

well i'd like to see you clean 80kg then press it up and then drop it on to your back

I lift at home with dumbbells and with Christmas comes my parents borrowing some of my weights that I use for progression being used to keep the tree in place.
Should I just have one last session today then rest over the holidays, given I've lifted consistently all year? Or do I jump up and up the weights by 2kg per dumbbell?

Is there nothing else your parents can use to keep it in place? If not, go up in 2kg jumps

why are you trying to do 1rm in the first place?
why are you doing 10 reps of squats if you want to progress in weight?
why arent you just doing a linear progression program if you want to make gains to your lifts?

I'm a senior in high school and testing maxes is our final. The way we find an estimated orm is we start with a weight, say 155 and if we can do 10 we move up, I got to 175 which is just above my former orm so I'll probably be able to do 7 reps or so of 185 and my est orm will probably be around 215. I just wanna learn how to achieve gains.

So right now I am working out m/w/f and just hitting my entire body. Is this fine or do I need to have different days for different targeted exercise.

why would it not be ok?

is there a dictionnary for all the abbreviations we see on Veeky Forums ?

Just ask

Have been having a lot of cramps on lower body muscles on the days I do legs, what to do?

Some people say that it means im sacrificing improvement by half assing other exercises (even though this isnt the case in my opinion)

Started with SS but have been adding supplementary exercises each week.

Did you just start? Or recently take a brake?

Break*

>Started with SS but have been adding supplementary exercises each week.
it's not SS then, it's your own program, you arent sacrificing anything you just go in and work then recover the next day, personally doing M/W/F is turds in comparison to just going every other day, by having 2 days off you are sacrificing a day a week that you could be lifting which will add up in a few months, I would suggest just going every other day so m/w/f then su/tue/th/sa

you only really need 48 hours of rest but occassionally taking that extra day off will make you come back stronger

During workout your body produces more adrenaline and other 'action' hormones those cause blood vessels in the Nose to contract, making the mucosa thinner and allowing more air through. After working out those hormones become lower again, in a reflex the blood vessels in the nose relax and mucosa will become more swollen causing congestion.

Make sure you're getting enough potassium and magnesium, being low on either is a common cause of cramps.

Google or ask

Not necessarily bad at all desu, people are too autistic with workouts, do what's fun for you and feels good. Doesn't matter that its not the most efficient the effect won't be huge. Just train heavy and work on progressive overload.

Just go up or replace exercises with calisthenics.

Train in sets of 5 reps if your goal is strength and progressively keep improving. There are lots of strength based programs out there.

Use racks? It's really not hard. Can also ask randoms for a spot if you're benching and feel like you might fail

Bulk slowly, you are still relatively lean you just don't have a lot of muscle mass.

Yeah its my first bulk
My lifts are pretty pathetic because i was eating 800 cal for the first 6 months and using machines for the next 4, but
Ohp 100, leg press 3 pl8, squat 100 (max weight ive tried anyway) and ive never done deads, i never found someone to teach form and im afraid of snap city

>ive never done deads, i never found someone to teach form
just fucking stick 50kg and bend your legs and lift with your legs, then straighten your back out

snap city region is probably 80kg for most people, even that is not hard, snap city is not easy to come by, it's usually stupid fuckers thinking they can do 120kg first time

To be clear i started free weights just a month ago

No, 2 years lifting

I'm taking vitamin supplements, still not working, should I trying deloading?

your hips aren't fucked. Your shoulders are a bit forward. To get a good look at how your hips are try to stand up straight, making your body as long as possible. They should look better than in the pic.

Even better, you can work more on upper body and train legs like 5 min or day or some shit

What are some stretches/exercises I need to do to get better at squat and deadlift?

squatting and deadlifting will surprisingly make you better and squatting and deadlifting

>During workout your body produces more adrenaline and other 'action' hormones those cause blood vessels in the Nose to contract, making the mucosa thinner and allowing more air through. After working out those hormones become lower again, in a reflex the blood vessels in the nose relax and mucosa will become more swollen causing congestion.
Any tips on how to reduce the congestion or is it something I have to live with?

I'd recommend finishing your bulk when you hit intermediate levels, that way you spend less time screwing around with the beginner stages. Not bad for 1 month, keep it up

Let me rephrase, i think i have poor mobility in my legs and lower back, are there any specific mobility stretches etc i could be doing to help with squat and deadlift form?

Alright, Im going for it when i go lift tommorow. Thank you.
Yeah they looked a little better, just weird to me how they stick out so much but i guess thatll fix itself in time. Thanks

Is this physique possible for a natty? I really want to do well and am unwilling to do drugs but when you guys always say that these great looking guys are on roids it really discuriges me. If this is impossible for me then could you show what the best I could do is? Be srs pls

then just squat and push your legs apart, i'm sure there's a post called "the sticky" in the catalogue

gl bro, snap city is a meme desu you're unlikely to hurt yourself under 100kg, just make sure to pull with your legs rather than your back

there are foods causing the congestion, Your nose shouldn't be free only when you work out. My guess is you are consuming a lot of dairy products. It's really a diet thing. Blowing your nose is a quick and easy fix, so why do you care?

yes why would you think that's a roided physique?

No, I only get a stuffed nose after working out. It usually lasts 2-3hrs and it doesn't go away by blowing my nose.
The only dairy products I consume is a glass of milk every night.

you can look like this by just eating hamburgers for dinner every day, and just do pull ups, pushups and situps in your moms basement.

that's not that hard to achieve. Do you struggle with anything particular? shoulders, chest, arms, etc?

Because for every good body posted on this site, everyone here says that it's not natty

but that physique looks pretty standard, there are a lot of genetical factors that will affect how you look, so if there's something specific you like about it then just hope you won the genetic lottery

Shoulders are definitely my worst, I can only do OHP for 5 reps of the bar, I'm new but I think I'm improving slowly

you only just started and wondering about physique? wait 6 months and see what you look like, if you're doing SL/SS i'd say 6 months and you would probably look the same as that with the correct diet

>be srs pls

SS is starting strength but what is SL?

stronglifts, they're almost the same program but i personally prefer SL, i'd suggest reading the PDF or read the actual SS book, it might seem obvious some of the stuff but if you actually do what they say you will look pretty good in 6 months time and you will be stronger than the average person

Starting Lordosis

Just read some articles about it. - exercise induced rhinitis. Seems pretty rare and annoying. Sorry for that, man.
btw the articles recommended decongestants and anti-allergy stuff. But I don't know if its annoying enough for you to use a nasal spray or some shit every time you finish working out.

Ok, thank you guys. I'll try to look more into it

You can look like that, I think people were just memeing you. Your Natty limit is unique, so for your own sake don't compare and worry about other people's bodies

Oh well rip. It's pretty annoying since I go to the library right after working out and I can't focus for shit. I guess I'll pick up a decongestant, thanks.

Is there any benefits if i take beef protein instead of whey?

Ok, now I got a new question about SL. Do I really have to start at 50% of my 5 rep max if I know I can do much more and not waste time?

Kek

I swear to fuck nig, if you dont understand why then you dont understand the program, READ the PDF, you're supposed to be linearly progressing, if you can only lift 60kg you will easily break through that in a month

people come here and moan they cant progress and they dont know what they're doing wrong, well usually they're stupid nigs who go in and lift the same amount of weight for 6 weeks in a row and then try to add 10kg at a time, if you do 90% of your 5rep max what happens? you stall after 1 week and just wasted your own time

DO the PROGRAM or DONT

kek

Fat is easier to lose than muscle is to gain. You should dedicate a serious amount of time(at least 4-6 months) to steadily gaining weight and getting stronger before trying to lose weight. If you do all this constant cutting/bulking nonsense, you won't make any considerable progress in either direction. At 6 foot tall and 150, you can stand to gain some serious weight.

Buy squat stands. You can set them up when you lift and when you're done, you can stack them in your closet. They take very little space and are surprisingly sturdy. I have racked 405 in it before without worrying about stability.

A beginner doesn't have the knowledge or training experience to truly perform a 5RM. What I'd recommend is to load a bar and perform 5 reps. If it was easy, throw more on and do another 5. Once the bar speed starts slowing down and you feel like you're exerting effort, you've hit your starting point. The last set shouldn't be difficult, you should still feel like you have more left, this is only meant to be a starting point, not a test of strength.
If I had to guess, you'll probably land somewhere in between 135 and 185 lbs. Then from that point, progress as the program recommends.

I'm bulking at about +500cal daily, today I've played floorball/done cardio which should result in about 250-350cals burned, do the cals that are still surplus help with muscle gain, or will they just store as fat?

My back hurts like a motherfucker whenever i try and squat with a bar. Ive got a good range of motion doing body weights but with a bar i can barely reach parallel. Any idea what im doing wrong?

I've been having some sligth adonis belt/rectus abdominis pains, I work out 6 days a week so not much time to rest, in a way. I didn't train abs for about a week but I do heavy compounds + leg press for example. Sometimes it's uncomfortable but 99% of the day it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Shouldn't be hernia cause there is no bulge and I got checked about 2 weeks ago. Anybody else experiences this?

If I do take a break for a few days, how should I eat? Right now I eat with 6 workouts a week in mind while bulking, should I just drop 500 calories down if I take a break the next few days (3 or so), or should I calculate it with 0 workouts a week in mind? thanks

Take a video and show us. Inability to reach depth is almost always 100% technique related. The fact that you also experience back pain points to bad form as well.

No matter how much I eat I still feel hungry. I keep my calories in check, but I'm bulking yet I could eat on and on and on.

>out of the 3000 calories
>140g protein
>300+g carbs
>70-80fats
>30g of fiber

I eat veggies, lean meats, fruits here and there, rice, potatoes, fish; basically all very filling meals. It doesn't matter if I eat more fat and less carbs or the other way around, I just feel insufferably hungry. This comes from an ex-"thinspo" guy who used to starve himself for days.

I'm gaining a bit over half a kilo a week, but I can only think about food. I drink a gallon of water daily, I even have fiber supplements to make me feel full (so far just making me bloated). I have my vitamins, I have my sleep, but I still feel hungry, no matter what.

I'm sick, probably the same reason I had such a bad gym session yesterday.

What are the protocols to make sure I don't lose my gains

Eat more protein

Doesn't work, the past weeks I've eaten 200g of protein a day and it didn't help, I still felt incredibly, incredibly hungry.

This is anecdotal, but when I tried keto I was rarely hungry and easily satfisfied. Maybe you can cut back on carbs and fit in more fat. And your carbs are all polysaccarids, not much mono I hope?

try magerquark

they come from veggies, rice, potatoes, oats, sometimes fruits and rarely snacks

also I'm scared of the switch to keto, plus I'm not sure if I could manage it
okay, thanks

I'd heard this (creatine supplementation being linked to hair loss) before but never bothered to look into it, because nobody ever cites their sources. I can' find any studies on a connection with hair loss, but is this the one about DHT increase where all this is coming from?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Is there a definite link between increased DHT (of the degree specified in the study) and early balding? Genuinely curious, because I've not really looked into this at all; I'd be interested if you could link to some other studies/literature about it.

Is hamstring doms supposed to feel like two knives in the back of my legs? Almost painful to walk.

Jesus christ how quick does a protein shake go bad, like 12 hours?

Im having some trouble getting a video to upload here. I made it a webm but it says no audio files, and converting it to a gif made it 5x bigger.
Form looks like shit though.

You just started lifting or training legs?

If so, then yeah virgin leg doms can be pretty bad but if you train them a lot you shouldn't feel that much pain

>never gone to the gym seriously before
>starting next week
>everything I've read is "bulk in the fall, cut in the spring"
Is it possible to bulk for three months and then cut for three months to be ideal for the Summer?

Please rate my diet, I'm trying to bulk lean with fruits, chicken, oatmeals and beans. My issue is water weight, I have about 10 pounds of water and it's annoying, the protein sources of chicken and breakfast meat I eat are high in sodium and I'm trying to change that.

Any help? How do I better optimize my diet, I'm okay with literally eating the same thing everyday as long as I get results.

What are some high protein with decent calorie foods that is low in sodium?

Just upload to youtube and post a link

Got it to work here
I figured my form was bad but it looks a lot worse there.

The gif doesn't have your full squat, I just see you bend over a little and the gif ends.

Fuck. Ok il try again.

Get extremely hungry exactly about 5-6 hours after meals. When this happens I start feeling weak and tired like I cant think clearly. Its hard for me to do anything other than lying down. Not sure what to do but I hate having to fit eating into my schedule every 5 hours.

When are you guys eating your carbs on a rest day? Same schedule?

Anyone?

What are some lower carb and lower sodium, high protein meats?