At the gym I go to, I see these people all the time, they are these really muscular dudes...

At the gym I go to, I see these people all the time, they are these really muscular dudes, but when they grab the weights, they lift literally half of what I'm lifting, and I've been at it just a few months.

I saw a dude doing 10 lbs on the leg press. Another dude was doing 40 lbs on the calf extensions. I just started doing calf extensions and can already set it to 220 for 20 reps. Another big dude was doing 15 lb bicep curls and acting like it was heavy, while I was doing 35 lb reps no prob. Pull downs for 40 lbs while I just started doing unassisted pullups.

What the fuck is this shit? Roids, I assume? But how the hell can you even be so weak as a roider?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFLqFjY3Q5Y&t=4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're just being considerate. They see you lifting babby weights, so whenever you're around they lift light in front of you so you don't feel bad. Once you leave everyone starts lifting heavy again

Your form sucks. It really sucks. You don’t even have to post pics of you in the gym, I can tell it does from your initial question alone. Ask for a form check from one of those guys lifting “baby weight” at the gym and you’ll learn pretty quick how terrible it is, and why you should correct it now before you fuck yourself up for life.

What do you mean unassisted pullups, like without a machine?
I think you're just a genetic freak trying to bring everyone down

they drink protein shakes, which make you get fake muscles

Big weight does not necessarily mean big muscle. I used to think it did, I used to be moving much bigger weights than I do right now but I was still dyel.

I used to think the whole mind muscle connection thing was a meme until I actually abandoned pure strength training and started doing a bodybuilding program.

They probably work to failure, unlike you, and have to drop weight.

I do 5x5 sets of pullups with a long rest between sets. Started out on the machine at 75 lbs, dropped 15 pounds each week. At 40 lbs assistance, the machine felt useless so I stopped using it.

Reg Park's routine.

>correct form makes you lift half as much weight.
Sure it does liftlet

when he says form he means ROM niggas coming in the gym quarter squatting 100kg lmao

>be at the gym this morning
>finishing my chest workout in the powerlifting room on the dips bars
>guys behind me are on the platform behind me doing dl
>first guy lifting goes "I literally thrust my hips so much when I'm deadlifting lol"
>second guy goes "yeah but you're not lifting SUPER heavy right now"
>turn around
>1 set of 10s on the bar
>cannot contain myself

They just do it to admire themselves in the mirrors. On one hand it's likely a very serious form of narcissism.
However, posing in front of the curl rack with low weight for the purpose of showing off to yourself or anyone else beyond the age of about 16 is some of the gayest shit on Earth in its purest, most condensed, concentrated form. And if you do this, I hope you get bitch tits.

I'm 210 pounds lean, probably what you woulconsider "really muscular"

I double dare you to do this exercise for 10 full reps with 10lbs dumbbells in each hand
youtube.com/watch?v=YFLqFjY3Q5Y&t=4s

it'about leverage and time under tension
swinging big ass weights with momentum achieves nothing except injury

Deload week.

Whoa, I wouldn't wanna mess with you. You come off as a tough guy, the alpha male.

get off your high horse noob, there are loads of bigger guys than me, but they don't flap their mouth half as much as you
do the reps and come back with the vid

never gonna make it

How about you spread that boi pussy and let me bust a fat fucking load of hot man chowder inside your tight rectum, faggot? Straight protein enema "bro"

>roids, I assume?

As someone who is on TRT all year round and has done a few tren cycles... Roids don't make you "big" but weak. That's a mainstream myth. Roids make you stronger, which allows you to become bigger faster.

I don't know exactly what you're witnessing because I'm not you. But here are some reasons stronger people will be doing lower weights than you.

>they are warming up or cooling down
>they're doing high volume
>de-loading and/or injury
>you're using poor form and swining weights around
>your definition of "really muscular dudes" may be wrong
>you don't watch them go heavy during their compound lifts, they take a break and then use light weights to get a pump without exerting themselves (in a belief that nutrients from their post workout meal will be delivered to the muscles more efficiently)

ORRR you're just experiencing noob gains and feel on top of the world. It happened to all of us. Good times... but it will vanish within a month or two and you'll suddenly realize how weak you are compared to how strong you want to be and your confidence will be lower than before you started lifting lol.

Stay small. Enjoy your lifting injuries and loss of motivation when you realize whatever you're doing isn't working.

>do some completely pointless exercise with baby weight for 1 set and show me !!!

your a fag

he is trolling you, you are weak as fuck user...
try doing 18 pullups @ 210lbs bodyweight

I work to failure with the heaviest weights I can manage for at least 5 reps.

I'm not swinging weights or anything like that. I use good form and full ROM on everything, and try to take a full 4 seconds per rep.

There are exercises you can do that make use of time under tension and don't have any resting between reps, I know, and maybe that's what those guys are doing on the leg press and calf extensions and pull downs; but there are also "fit" guys who appear to struggle with 15 lb bicep curls and they're not doing anything intense or time-delayed, nothing that I'm not doing with more than twice the weight, while being dyel.

Its Planet Fitness btw. Everyone there is seriously weak. I'm already lifting heavier than 95% of the people there.

Imma enjoy fucking faggots like you in the ass (No homo)

(You)

>Planet Fatness

Well, you answered your question right there, user...

>t. Jealous DYEL fatty who hates seeing his reflection

>here's a good exercise to test your strength properly
>your a fag
okay

i can squat 365 for 5-8 reps

when i do leg press I usually just do whatever is already on there, doesn't matter. sometimes its 1 or 2 plates on each side. I'll only do like 30 or 40 pounds on leg extension. Never use more than bodyweight on glute ham raises.

doesn't matter how light or heavy it is, you can use technique to make it harder or lighter, more reps, pausing, whatever

I can front squat 265 to the floor for 6-8 reps

but doing a highbar backsquat with a 3-4 second pause It takes a lot out of me to just do 245 for 5 reps

I can dumb bell row with the 120's for 10 reps, but when I do lat pulldowns I only set it for maybe half the rack

tl;dr fuck off

Kill yourself

>dyel wanks in the gym
>"what re you a bunch of fags??" (pic related)
>proceed to deadlift 250 with rounded back
>big guys already wincing
>"you know, you should maybe..."
>"wohoho, mr big muscles, so impressive"
>2 months later on Veeky Forums
>deadlift is useless, only retards do it, enjoy your back pain"

talk talk talk, show us the reps, though guy

Sounding like you're one of the guys described in OP.

As a bigger guy I see this sometimes. There’s a short Hispanic guy at my gym who I refer to in my head as king taco. He’s built like a truck, about as wide as he is tall and quite lean. But because he’s 5’3” and I’m 6’3” the weights he lifts for gains are less than what I do, even though he looks damn big compared to me.

Also, the anons talking about correct form are dead right. I’ve seen 90lb guys swinging 30lbs back and forth in a curling-like motion (oddly enough it’s usually an Indian guy). I will take 30lbs and curl em reeeeeaaal slow right next to them. They look in the mirror confused because their arms are about the same diameter as my wrists. I’ll casually say “try it slow m8 and make sure to properly supinate”. They invariably can’t move the weight past a couple degrees from vertical. Either they get pissed and leave the weight area or are genuinely interested in how to get stronger. If that’s the case I’ll tell em to drop the weight way down and do it as slowly as they can manage. There’s no shame in doing light weight, everyone starts somewhere. They feel their first proper pump and they pay attention to form from then on out.

Also, I’ll some times throw in a very high rep low weight set get a crazy pump/burn for the fun of it. So some of these guys might be doing that too.

Probably doing pyramids,drop sets,supersets and other shit for hypertrophy.
Do not think for one second that you're stronger you twink motherfucker

I am. I use low weight for a good 20-30 minutes at the end of every workout after a 10 minute rest.

I don't care what some DYEL thinks of me curling with dumbbells that say 10kg on it. I don't care that some cardio bunny is also using 10s for weird butt exercises in the corner. I get pumped and then head to the toilets to unload a massive explosion of diarrhea and don't give a shit who hears. (bought out of date pre-workout at 75% off lol)

they want to save their joints for old age and understand how to properly engage and recruit muscle to exert enough effort to activate hypertrophy whilst not tiring out their CNS
you on the other hand huff and puff and try so hard to satisfy your lifting ego and aren't even making the gains they are!!

>what's hypertrophy training and tut??
Stop being retarded OP, different goals, different approaches.

Underrated

Maybe because they have mastered their own bodies and can get bigger muscles than you with half the weight.

You sound like a dude with shit form on every exercise.

Are you dumb?
Light weights with high rep for muscle gain.
Heavy weights wit low rep for strength but no aesthetic gains.

she has a really annoying smile

I come here for this type of bantz

please refrain from speaking about my wife like that. Thank you

Fuck you soyboy, how about I nut in your butt to turn you into a real man?

Holy fucking kek

> I don't care that some cardio bunny is also using 10s for weird butt exercises in the corner.
this accurately sums up my gym experiences

What kind of retard goes through life making this many assumptions about something they admitted they know dick about and have limited experience with.

Heavier does not equal better.
Light weight has it's place in any workout routine.

I don't know what kind of routine you are doing that requires you to put 10 lb weights on a leg press, but I'd love to hear it.

It gets you big muscle in terms of density, not length or width.

>What the fuck is this shit? Roids, I assume? But how the hell can you even be so weak as a roider?

Reasons for lifting light
>Rehab
>Dropsets
>Warmup sets
>Assistance work after main lifts
>Volume training

There are so many reasons to lift light (especially as you get stronger) that I probably spend half my workout lifting bitch weights.

They use almost perfect form and engage their muscles better.

Just look up proper push up form on you-tube and I guarantee you won't be doing more than 10.

What is this pump thing you're talking about? Seriously

Injury, deloading, warm up, perfecting form, pump, volume sets, demonstration, some exercise you dont know about. Take your pick instead of being a presumptuous dolt. I would say when you see a giant dude lifting 10lb weights you just ask him but that requires social skills.

FAKE AS SHIT LOL

t. corelet and leglet

he's got a point but yea, i do the big weights 90 degree elbows to hit traps and all that other shit. i'm in the gym 40-50 minutes and usually get two big exercises and one accessory in. it's all about your goals, time, and what you find your body reacts well do. I did time under tension shit for 4 weeks and didn't feel any better or bigger. actually, my tendons hurt more. I move big weights in positions that don't put a lot of strain on my shoulders or elbows and i'm making mad gains. it's helps my primary lifts too.

>their exercises are 2deep4u
You're giving too much credit to someone just because they know how to stick a needle in their ass. Some of these peoplr I see literally every day and not once have they done anything that looked impressive. Most of this shit is on machines too, so form is practically a non-issue.

>they are these really muscular dudes, but when they grab the weights, they lift literally half of what I'm lifting, and I've been at it just a few months.

hehe thats me
i played real sports and dirtybulk my whole life, only recently started at gym

So what's the issue? Did you just want positive reinforcement that you're better than these guys? You got.plenty of potential explanations in this thread, so are not satisfied with what was given?

Its when you actually have some size and the blood is flowing into your muscles and it burns but you feel like you cumming. Best achieved when you're on a cut and carb up and see your veins blasting out of your arms.

>Roids don't make you "big" but weak.
Please consider killing yourself.