Things you wish you knew when you started hitting the gym

Things you wish you knew when you started hitting the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/11789536_Effect_of_nicotine_on_vasoconstrictor_and_vasodilator_responses_in_human_skin_vasculature
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S073510979700079X
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1113/jphysiol.1954.sp005051/asset/tjp19541232289.pdf;jsessionid=0B0B67212E136CF72698AB9E01C436F6.f03t04?v=1&t=jb6yzf54&s=84d9eb76a51e360009bb0e15077a590cd31db420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

she doesn't care how much you squat

Compunds
SS is not a meme
Eating healthy is better than dirty bulking

Invest in Bitcoin
Diet matters more than lifting
Smoking increases test

dont fall for the keto meme

Its ok to lift lower weights, just get better form

sticking to one routine is better than switching routines every month

but you should
if you're not lifting for aesthetics, then I'm sorry, but you're not gonna make it.

Form and mobility is more important than trying to lift heavy. Lifting will not get you a gf. Alcohol is a powerful gains goblin.

onions

IF + keto is heaven

Basically everything I know now .Everything the sticky says plus more.

I never had to got with a thin blonde nympho and knocked her up, lost 55 lbs in 9 months just screwing her 2 or 3 times a day without screwing with my eating habits.

warmup and rest time are both important.

...and she doesn't care about the size of your penis or biceps. She does, however, care about the size of your wallet and wants you to buy her a gym membership, a bunch of workout clothes, and some equipment for home that she'll never use.

Imagine doing heavy deep squats as a smoker. You'd run out of air before finishing the set

>warmup
What?

You're never going to make it.

>she doesn't care about the size of your penis or biceps
That's what she told you tiny?

>squats alone arent enough to develop abs
>you're seriously underestimating how little you eat
>you seriously got to eat big to get big
an entire year gone, poof, like that

natty is a meme

The gym doesn't cure autism.

Progressive overload is fucking important.
Splits are a terrible idea.
You won't get anywhere if you don't get stronger.
Less is more.
Machines are a terrible way of getting better at lifting.
Muscle adapts to strength and not viceversa.

>>squats alone arent enough to develop abs
t. permabelt squatlet

I've got better, but yeah

Switch out of SS when the noob gains stop.
You only need 0.7g of protein per lb of body weight, eat more carbs and fat (for skeletons).

No but the testosterone boosting and endorphines generated during workout result in you feeling better and having more confidence in yourself.

>A
3x5 bench
3x5 squat
3x8 DB rows
3x8 DB bench/3x8 ohp
3x10 reverse curls

>B
1x5 deadlift
5x3 clean and push press
Pullups based on 50pullups.com
3x10 tricep extension
3x10 curls

Do facepulls between sets here and there. Bulk more, and cut harder when the time comes.

Don't quit

this

what is this

You need to be able to get her in bed before showing her your penis, you know?

>>you seriously got to eat big to get big
holy fuck this, I was so afraid of losing my serratus, abs, etc. that I ended up not getting gains.

Eat more carbs

What I would do if I started over. Should have added frequency
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Haven't done IF but keto has been a fucking godsend

No it doesn't

Okay buddy

but it works...

>if you're not lifting for aesthetics
>squats
>aesthetics
Pick one. A giant dumpy ass and over sized quads make you look retarded. Believe it or not there is a happy median between curlbro and squat fag. Just work your damn legs, they're the easiest muscle to grow.

That I'd never look like I want to

Diet is everything.

Diet.

Is.

EVERYTHING.

Steroids aren't that bad, don't do dnp and run Tren instead

Can't full body every day. It truly is 80% diet/calories. Cardio isn't that good for burning fat but should be used for heart health and blood flow for recovery.

She wants you to kiss her

>The eccentric part of the movement is as important as the concentric part

This really fucking made a difference in my pumps and gains when i stopped letting the gravity or leverage do all the work ( i.e dropping the bar while curling instead of lowering it down slowly, letting the weight come back on its own on lat pulldown machine instead of letting it go slowly )

>smoker
>do heavy deep squats
>pretty tiring
>push through anyway

you're just a pussy, also

>If you want to have nice arms you need an arm day.

>she

Yeah worrying about being natty is bullshit.

Creatine will make you bald.

>you're just a pussy
>addicted to garbage tier drug

Now you're ready for the next part. The eccentric part of the movement is three times as important as the concentric part.

But user I was capable of quitting cold turkey when I attempted it, I just find no reason to quit, I really don't mind dying younger.

SS is a meme

I should have just started on a beginner PPL routine. I did SS for 6 months and made some gains but looked like shit. Did a linear PPL and made even better gains, and looked fucking amazing.

That it would turn me gay

It's an introductory course for people who have never lifted weights before to get stronger.

It isn't otter-man aesthetics training. You get stronk then move onto something else. Sounds like it worked just fine.

>this
barely 5 inch reporting in

>Smoking increases test
NICOTINE not smoking itself, is an aromatase inhibitor. You can get nicotine gum or patches, no need to wreck your lung and in turn increase cortisol which lowers test temporarily.

OMAD + Keto = 10lbs/week lost so far
You do not know what you are talking about.

>being natty is the biggest meme of all

its literary about as sensible as becoming Amish or wearing a purity ring

roids work and they work well

This. Wrecked my shit multiple times because I refused to lift light when I hit some big milestones and didn’t want to lift less than that so my form went to shit. Form breakdown is professionals who want to win competitions and break records, you’re a recreational lifter who just wants to get bigger and stronger, don’t get injured for PRs.

the only mires you will get are from other guys. except from those 2 chicks that one time

>Do strenght based PPL
>Dont bulk just make sure you never feel hungry
>Use a condor when you fuck randoms
>Talk to regulars at the gym

>ditch barbell bencing and backsquats for zercher squats, db bench and cable flies

ABABABx is what you should do.

what is the X for?

I’ve had more success with keto (+omad) than any other diet I’ve tried, including regular omad/IF

230 on oct 31
204 December 9

All my lifts have continued to increase

>Things you wish you knew when you started hitting the gym

DO KETO YOU FATSHIT

Watch x files on restday

Also Nicotine has focus and intelligence benefits.

>Use a condor when you fuck randoms
If she lets you fuck her raw after just meeting her, chances are she’s had more dick skin in her pussy than a rabbi in his mouth.

It’s really an amazing over the counter drug for brain or body performance. The only thing that sucks about it, is how much it throws off your endocrine system when you stop taking it. So it’s kind of like with caffeine. More power, more stamina, more focus but once you get off you feel like complete shit.

This, chewing tobacco gives more nicotine than smoking and does not effect cardio

SLEEP!
Holy fuck, I would have been so much farther than I am now if I just turned off the vidya/YouTube and got to bed.

Chewing tobacco is shit for your teeth and gums though and you literally look like you’ve had someone shit in your mouth.

Are you always retarded? SS likely gave you a good starting point to build on. You wouldn’t make gains nearly as well if you’d started on a PPL routine.

What about nicotine replacement gum/patches like nicoderm?

Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, it effects cardio no matter what you do. Increases heart stress and overstimulates the body.
If you can somehow maintain a habit where you're not using it into the later parts of the afternoon sure you might have an argument, but you aren't going to win with this.
researchgate.net/publication/11789536_Effect_of_nicotine_on_vasoconstrictor_and_vasodilator_responses_in_human_skin_vasculature
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S073510979700079X
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1113/jphysiol.1954.sp005051/asset/tjp19541232289.pdf;jsessionid=0B0B67212E136CF72698AB9E01C436F6.f03t04?v=1&t=jb6yzf54&s=84d9eb76a51e360009bb0e15077a590cd31db420
Even at the lowest possible dosages of nicotine. You will have a slight increase of blood pressure at best.
It effects cardio, flat out.

>don't mind dying younger
How edgy. It doesn't just magically poof 10 years off of your life, it makes the entire closing chapter of your existence a living hell. Lung cancer is worse than death, just kill yourself now.

I've never had any issues then again I brush my teeth twice a day

I personally have never noticed any problems with my cardio seeing as I never smoke and only chew. I run 10 miles at an 8 minute pace comfortably perhaps the effects of long term nicotine use have yet to catch up with me. As for blood pressure I don't notice much of anything but I typically only use a pinch or two a few times a week and its usually early in the day after breakfast as a substitute for caffine.

it makes your bloodflow go full retard just like smoking does, but slower, longer and more steady. So it's not fucking with your system the same way smoking does, and it doesn't affect your lungs.

basically what this dud saidbut it still decreases your bloodflow for a while.
I'd still only recommend tobacco products to people i hate.

Shh don't be so verbal about it
let him suffer.

What's your age user?
I smoked regularly in the military. I was also running every day comparable to the pace you posted and some days distances equalling or more than 10 miles. It was enough back than to ward off any issues. After a leg injury I wasn't able to run as much and that's when it started seriously effecting me.
I eventually switched to gum and quit. I was close to hypertension levels.
About a year or two since I stopped, blood pressure dropped quite a bit. Even when I switched to gum and quit that there was a noticeable drop.
I smoke socially with my friends during bro moments when we go do outdoor events. I also stopped using caffeine in the afternoons.

You may get away with it for most your life user, but it will one day effect you. You may be one of the lucky ones who never gets cancer or anything (my grandfather was one) however it will fuck up your heart if you over abuse it.

Mild nicotine use could potentially increase quality of life, but that's only if you're doing everything else in your power to reduce heart stress and blood pressure.

Angry, stressed out men who smoke are the one who died around 45-60.

hop on gear asap

If your dick is so small you can't get her straight into bed by flashing her I feel bad for you

I'm 24 and I've been chewing off and on since 17. I would describe my usage as mild seeing as I chew small amounts a few times a week and I try to avoid late day use as it makes me feel wired. I will pay closer attention to my blood pressure now to try and avoid any issues in the future.

Wave goodbye to your gonads

all girls will let you fuck them raw on a first meeting

you know nothing

shhh

nice third world country

t. manlet

1) testicular atrophy reverses once you come off
2) even if it doesn't just don't come off - them shrinking is just your body recognising you don't need em for test anymore and at that point they're little more than window dressing

b&c for life yo

check out the number of kids born to one night stands
factor in the abortion rate

then realise you're looking at the percentage roughly one in seven who didn't get away with it and didn't get an abortion or have a miscarriage or gibe the kid away and deny

discounting all the ones with reduced fertility ofc

do not drink milk
do not drink kiefer
do not eat lots of cheese
do not eat bread to bulk
bulking is a meme, don't ever do it
you can gain strength and maintain muscle size at a deficit
steroids are a permanent disability you give yourself
TRT is a meme
mewing is more important than how much you can deadlift
volume is better than strength always and forever
stretch AFTER lifting
cardio is important, don't listen to hippo power lifters and BB's with body dysmoprphia
be an aggressive faggot when you workout, no one else there cares about you, take the weights you want
don't hit on women at the gym, its a waste of time, get a tinder or go to bars
eat your broccoli nigger
chicken, potatoes and fish
stay below 13% BF at all times you fucking disgusting swine

She (male) doesn't care that you lift.

>do not drink kefir

What the fuck are you me? I used to drink a liter every day from 17 to 20 yo.. i quit after i realised it gave me teribble bacne

Why did you stop drinking kefir

>I did SS for 6 months
>then did a linear PPL and made even better gains
You either didn't do SS or are full of shit, but either way you're absolutely not in a position to comment on SS.
You really want me to think you actually did SS for half a year, and then still managed to make linear gains on a program that's shit for strength? After six bloody months on SS?

THIS

They say eating well is 50% of the work
It's actually 80%

FUCK, STOP