Meditation For fitness

Who here meditates?
What do you do?
Have you noticed a difference in Life and general wellness?
Has it helped you in the gym or in mindset?
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-TjCZRutOKY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like to just go on walks and try to focus on the present. I try not to think about the past or the future and just focus on my sense, listening to the sounds of birds and cars, feeling the wind on my face, really looking at my surroundings. Often I'll walk to the gym and do this. It makes me feel a bit better. One day I hope this will be my normal state of being but I've got a long way to go.

Lifting is very meditative for me. I prefer to lifting in silence than to do it with music, even if it gets me pumped.

I think ill try that. Just lift in silence and focus on my breathing

that is meditation

This for me too, even tho i listen to music to cancel out the others noises, my mind is mostly completely clear when lifting

youtube.com/watch?v=-TjCZRutOKY

>wat do
stare at walls
>has it given you life and "general wellness" benefits
i don't care about that, you sound like every other grasping materialist idiot
>has it helped in gym and mindset
of course

>What do you do?
I sit somewhere comfortable, usually on a cushion, and focus on my breath.
>a difference in life
Of course, I find simple things like the trees on a walk interesting, Completely conscious in my actions. Even the smallest things feel meaningful.
>helped in the gym or mindset
Yes, gym I can make the mind muscle connection easier, generally feel better

Anime makes everything look cool.

Best two fitness choices i ever made was cardio and meditation

>meditation

I know. That's why it's in the meditation thread.

How do I achieve Netero mode?

Only through the eyes of an autist.

Focus on a craft and spend years perfecting it

Nah. He just needs to get up to about 170-180 depending on height %10 bf.

>he doesn't care about his wellness
Confirmed for not meditating

Since starting to meditate about 2 months ago I slowly started to want to start eating a vegetarian diet, for ethical reasons. Will my gains and health be fucked? I always recover so much better after red meat desu

If you reach your protein and calorie requirements your fine.
The only thing about vegan and vegetarians having less gains is less options to reach those requirements. Since you just wanna go vegetarian eggs, dairy and nuts are your friend

Insert bomb in your heart and blow yourself up to kill an ant

Do you have a non Australian version?

been vegan for 2.5 years, 0 negative effects. stronger + more energy, and skin never breaks out / hasn't looked better

Yeah same. Vegan for a year, vegetarian for 6 years before that. Stronger now than ever.

>Sitting criss-cross applesauce and going "Oooommmmm" is considered fitness
Wew lad, you may as well get sit and watch tv.

Out of interest, I have a terrible stomach. IBS/Allergies. Essentially, dairy, legumes, grains, eggs and nuts are all out.

Veganism/vegetarianism is a shit idea for me, right? Or would soy, vegetables, rice and fruit actually work as a diet.

Fix your gut. Can't say for other. But snakeman saved my gut. Cutting the coffee, fasting for 48 hr and or 23:1 fasting let's me eat anything. Might help you too

I meditated for a while and noticed I was more present and in the moment. But you have to keep doing it and I've been slacking off for about 3 weeks or so.

How long did you meditate per day

4 hours a day

Done different meditation.
But all of this is just a breathing matter. Pranayama, or wim hof are not bad, but it is just a facet of what you can do.

I noticed i'm more "present", and have less panic (or have better reactions, being able to think calmly even with bad conditions around me) when something strange/bad happen.
A lot of my coworker told me about that, because i was very nervous in the past...

The breathing is kneading your intestine. That's the thing that calms your mind.

Now I do it with exercises : pushups with empty apnea/full apnea, synchronizing your breath with push-up/squats, etc...

You can try to meditate/breath with a straw. It will improve your diaphragm. A strong diaphragm can be used like a "pump" when you lift/do pushup. It can gives you some additional strength.

While meditating/breathing, you can also "imagine" the air you inhale filling your fingers or your foot, and empty it when you exhale. Eventually, you will notice some tingling in the part you concentrate on : that means you managed to open the veins in your fingers or foots. It is very usefull when you want to fight against the cold.

There's a lot of little features like that you can "unlock", with the good exercises. But it need to be maintained regularly.

MEditation/breathing is not only about the mind, it's also about using your whole body better, scanning yourself, knowing where are your tensions, being able to calm all your body in an instant, being able to use your inhale to push/lift more, your exhale to relax your muscles...

That's a lot.
20/30 minutes per day is just good imho.

Meditation helped my insomnia , i lay down and do a body scan . its very relaxing.

>lifting natty is considered fitness
You might as well just brosplit

I tried doing the position in the pic and heard a loud pop in my right now and have fucked up mobility and pain for over 2 weeks now! Missing out on lifting and bjj because of stupid fucking try-hard yoga ego shit.
Guys, don't push it too hard in stretching.

do you guys supplement protein?
I just started taking brown rice + pea protein along with bcaas bcause I was not making gains

Yeah of course. I have 3 protein shakes daily with soy milk. And no plant estrogen won't make you feminine.

watch your attitude

Make me.

Read the mind illuminated because it got lots of upboats on reddit.

Bought a Zafu, Zabuton will come next week.

It's okay but at the same time it's really hard and the benefits are really subtle. So I don't know whether I will be able to keep it up. What it does measurably is substantially reduce sleep latency and bigly restore attention for studying.

dude.

here you go

Look up Zen walking meditation, it sounds similar to what you're doing. It might help you.