Seneca says that bodybuilding work is a waste of time, and that eating to bulk dulls your mind

Seneca says that bodybuilding work is a waste of time, and that eating to bulk dulls your mind.

Was he right, or was he just low test? I don't see how a stoic could actually argue such a thing without thinking maybe they were literally just weak/ low T?

I'm sure Marcus Aurelius wouldn't have said this, being obviously high T

yeah but seneca helped me get over some anger problems.
>anger is like ruin, which breaks that upon which it falls

tl;dr they knew almost nothing about dieting and you should stop reddit spacing

He was obviously low test
Look at that gyno

Separating thoughts with spacing is actually just called basic writing and communication skills.

For morality sake, he's right.
Constantly focusing on the appearance of your body leads to vanity, narcissism and a superiority complex. Consuming more than what is necessary to stay healthy and stave off hunger is gluttonous and uncharitable.
Marcus would likely agree, seeing as he advocated utilizing things only so far as it is useful. Your body is meant to exert work that is constructive to your community, lifting for gains and aesthetics is purely ego-centric and does no service to others.

OP BTFO

But my body has inspired others to do more and work harder already. It is an art and is enjoyable in itself which Marcus would surely observe as worthwhile?

I would also argue that being physically strong and ready for difficult tasks is also virtuous. I do not to around showing off my gains however.

Just do what you want. Who cares what a Greek said thousands of years ago. Fucking retards.

Finally a quality post. While I believe we should maximise our bodies to their potential for the sake of worship of God's creation and to allow us to do great things purely for aesthetics is I would say empty and vacuous as Ecclesiastes 1:2 states "Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity"

If you studied stoicism you would be less consumed by anger and perhaps even find happiness. I recommend meditations by Marcus Aurelius as a start

Stoicism is for fags, philosphy doesn't real, getting into stoicism because you saw a YT video with cartoon animations is the most subhuman thing you could do. I feel sorry for you, I hope you honestly have a realization that you're a massive loser cuck

Thanks

Berating others is the work of a boy, raising them up is the work of a man.

fuck

Brainlet

This is
What Normal Spacing
Looks Like

This is

What Reddit Spacing

Looks Like

Faggot

>he didn't discover stoicism by reading the source material while studying ancient Greek

Stay mad, brainlet.

>Seneca
>Greek

This

i already knew what it was, unwarranted superiority nigger. I assume most people on Veeky Forums who talk about it got it from YT. Gud for you tht ur literate, mayb you could become a little more literate and read some Nietzsche, Heidegger and Wittgenstein and stop being a fucking faggot and believing in dead philosophies that don't do anything

nah

You making a retarded suggestion about what Seneca was trying to say is like listening to your dad and his friends argue about what rocket man or summer of 69 was about. You're probably all wrong and not good enough at critical thinking to have any quality ideas about the real meaning.

Wow that was the most childish post I've ever read

ive never watched any of that sort

i read a lot of books on self improvement and came to some of the same conclusions i think stoicism is build upon, even though it was never mentioned as that. I never knew it was a philosophy or that there was an actual term for it until recently

The way to happiness and true fulfillment is when you realise people are sheep controlled by feelings and never see the bigger picture, they are not self-aware. Let themselves be controlled by what other people think of them.

There is no end game, its all about the work. You will get satisfaction through passion doing what you actually love. Money doesnt mean a thing, i used to think that it did

You hear a lot of things like you shouldnt care what people think of you and that sorts, it origins from somewhere but its so over used by average miserable people that it has no actual meaning anymore. If you actually take a minute and really think about it, whats the worst that can happen? People laugh at you? so fucking what, let them laugh, look them right into your eyes while they laugh at you. If you can get your mindset there, you will become happy, THAT'S what making it means

i have become so much more happy and fulfilled since i realised exactly that

Yet you read yours on an hourly basis. You know nothing of stoicism. I'd say it's time to stop, but preying on the feeble minded isn't much of a sport.

Listened to any podcasts lately?

>not recommending epictetus discourses
fucking brainlet

Duncan Trussel is always the greatest guest.

there's no such thing as an ego, your body and specifically your face and height is all that matters, money matters, your social status matters, you only have your body and you reputation, nothing else matters. You don't exist, your body exists, the you is just a self-generated illusion, physiologically you do not exist at all,, your body is all that matters, your body is all that matters.

lol you bought a bunch of bullshit, have fun with whenever you crash from that fake high

and to who exactly does all those things matter?

>believing in dead philosophies that don't do anything
the human condition hasn't really changed and Meditations has helped me immensely.

Aristotle briefly argues in his Politics that the Athlete's constitution is neither beneficial nor useful to the man living in a democracy as he is supposed to live a life of pleasures (but organized by virtue(s)!).

However he also believes that exercise is important and individuals ought to take care of their bodies. The athlete and the fat guy being two extremes while the average, healthy body would represent the golden mean.

Still living in a democracy, and certainly being made to aspire to a life of pleasures, it's hard to see he doesn't have a point for today's world. A super ripped or strong guy does not really benefit from his strength, while the time he spent training could have been spent on more worthwhile things. Much worse though, the fat guy's constitution impedes his ability to live normally or even decently in a democratic society and forces society to generate ''unnatural'' tools to correct the issue (large seats, fat people scooter, specialized medical equipment, etc...)

>stop believing in dead philosophies
>go read some nietzsche who is dead and has been proven completely wrong

>aristotle argued against fat people scooters

literally spat water all over as i read that

?

I'm taking Aristotle's argument and applying it to today's reality. I even separated the paragraphs to make sure you couldn't possibly think that I was saying that Aristotle thought THAT about TODAY's world.
He would definitely argue against them though.

i know, i just imagined it

keep it up bro