/FAST/ #57 TAGLINES ARE NOT OPTIONAL EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

Why you should consider carnivore:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2928622
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for /fast/ed pullups

Fasting is ez af once you get going. Just startt a 48 Then refeed and push yourself from there. I do mon-fri fasting on snakeoil, then sat and sun I do one meal around 7 of keto usually a salad with some chicken. 1500 of on those two days. WEIGHT is falling off. Recommend for anyone that has a ton of weight to lose and is sick of failing. Talking 20 POUNDS a month being conservative. After hour 16 it's like I got a constant coffee buzz, steadyg energy and mental clarity. It's real boys.

>carnivore in OP

I actually really liked his interview, weighing on whether or not I can financially do it. Apparently beef is beef standard CAFO or not despite slightly higher omega 6. Was thinking of doing OMEOD with 2-3lbs ground beef on feed days along with some pastured eggs

Did we ever figure out how intermittent dry fasting works? Snake faggot has a video on it where it's more of CICO IF dry where you drink coconut water and eat cucumbers, but I want to know if we have any way where you can do it on regular meal OMAD.

>One thimg the fastfags will not tell you
When you come off your fast and break it with a glass of applejuices, be ready to also break your anus, the juice will come right through

Speaking from experience

Why arent you faggots taking the ultimate red pill - hard dry fasting plus no sleep? Im currently on day 4 of no sleep, no water, no food.

But fastfags tell you not to break your fast with sugary shit all the time.

What does not sleeping help with?

Doubling your energy expenditure.

kek

No, really.
>The measurement of EE, based upon caloric value of food, weight, and wastes, indicated that all TSD rats increased EE, with mean levels reaching more than twice baseline values.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2928622

kek

I need to get rid of my acne scars asap but I always end up feeling like shit for the rest of the day if i hit the gym fasted. What do you guys recommend?
Yesterday morning (only 36 hours into fast) i went to the gym and did my usual routine but with more rests between sets. Felt like shit for the whole day
how do you hit the gym on long fasts please tell me I NEED TO KNOW

I lost 5+kg in 1 week. Man, I love me some fasting.

Started doing IF 16:8. Just 3 days in and I can already notice the difference in my thighs. Smaller and more defined. Going to give a month for baseline and if the results are good I will stick with this routine.

Serious question:

Does eating pussy/pussy juices stop the fasting process?

tfw high carb vegan /fast/er

I'm on anotha level

yes, but just go the cuccumber+coconut diet and do it for one hour a day max and you could be fine.

Just broke my fast with steamed broccoli and a steak. It's been 30 minutes and no shits.
I think I'm in the clear.

How are you doing that without meth?

I've noticed the more I eat meat when I break fast the less I explode - maybe it takes longer to process?

Willpower.

Huh, and here I thought shitting was good, but after what that snake guy said, I realized it's not at all. Hell, at this point I believe most of us have the same metabolism and fasting is healthy and only natural. I learned so much through diet and exercise-it's quite insane

daily reminder that you can do it, you can reach you fast goal, you can lose that weight, pain will only make you stronger. We will all make it.

Have ate about 3000cal today guess I've been a tad lax after breaking a 24 hoie fast. Still sticking to Keto so I'm not worried. Aiming for. 1700cal tomorrow and I may have to eat some carbs... Got a chic I'm into at work who's baked me some stuff lol.

>I thought shitting was good, but after what that snake guy said, I realized it's not at all
what on earth am I reading

>not doing nopoop

never gonna make it

He said people that are skinny and "shit all the time" and eat bad fucked up their body and they don't absorb much of the nutrients from food and just shit it all out

Anyones sleep get fucked up when starting fasting?
My sleep schedule is all over this bitch. Sleeping in 3-5 hour windows and awake for only 8-10 hour windows.

I was just thinking this when I was wide awake again at 3 in the morning.

Welp, you aren't alone.
I'm only 64 hours into my first fast. Hopefully this shit works itself out. Gonna eat today and start again.

Anyone know what's causing my stomach to grumble? I know snake man mentioned it in one of his videos, but I can't find it.

Fucking up your health for some more energy expenditure

Make sure you add some dnp with it for some more energy expenditure bro

>Fucking up your health
Yes, mom - just like how when you don't eat 6 high carb meals a day and lift too heavy weights :^)

My sleep schedule was already fucked so I haven't noticed.

*fasts*

here's a tip/advice i've come to realize on my own

while fasting, don't worry about what the scale says. as long as you're actually fasting YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT. sometimes the body has a delayed response, and you might not see results right away. but I promise you will see results in a few days or so

don't give up anions. never give up. as long as you're doing the right thing you'll see results (speaking from personal experience)

Yep

you don't

>while fasting, don't worry about what the scale says. as long as you're actually fasting YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT. sometimes the body has a delayed response, and you might not see results right away. but I promise you will see results in a few days or so

Agreed. CICO isn't as simple as people make it out to be, but it is an invariant. If you're alive and not eating, you're burning fat.

2.5 hours left of my fast bros

The suspense is killing me

Daily neopets blog post for the 4 people that care

> 2nd fast, 66 hours in
> Lowest weight loss ever overnight, I lost more weight on my last refeed day than last night.
> Feel great

So as you can see I only lost .5 lbs yesterday and it has me really curious. The only thing that changed in my consumption was I drank 500ml of snake juice instead of a liter and 500ml freshwater. I'm trying to reduce my overall snake juice intake to see if that stops my heartburn.

As you can see I have literally lost more weight on a refeed day, so I'm expecting a large drop tomorrow to make up for it

The ONLY other thing that changed was (adjust tinfoil hats now) my sister had indian last night and I went over and had my face right in it, smelling, and very strongly debating eating it. Mouth watering, etc... I'M WONDERING if that somehow triggered some insulin response? I don't fucking know, but my god I was so close to breaking.

Sleep is amazing, feel fantastic, obviously still a permanent hunger in me and getting waves of "holy shit feed me" but they subside.

Today will be the first day where I have to refuse to eat and tell people I'm fasting, curious how this is going to go. I have to avoid eating at my grandmothers place and a company christmas party so this should be interesting.

> I have convinced my based mother to start to /fast/
> She's on two prescription meds
> Have seriously asked her to consult her doc and warned her that pills and the usual mom supps will most likely break her fast

We'll see what happens. See you tomorrow.

> But your bodyfat % is increasing you jackass.

This is a shitty fitbit scale that measures BF through the soles of your feet. I do not trust it. I am only keeping them in for personal tracking because data/numbers get me fired up and I see no harm in keeping them for curiosity sake.

NO physical activity
1L Snake juice per day (Trying to reduce this to see what happens)
1 ACV/BS Potion (Breakfast shot)
1 Lemon Juice Potion (Breakfast shot)

Also the only reason I even mention the insulin spike due to smell was user linked a study that mentioned it MIGHT be possible.

It does seem pretty ridiculous though.

I lost 8 kgs thanks to /fast/, gonna take a break for 5 days for christmas (still gonna eat omad just not keto) and then from Jan 1 I'll try to fast for 4 days

The scale is on my side but my gut is all over the place lol

From the last thread:

>>No.43960561
>first fast
>77 hours
>no way fuckin jewish cunt

89 hours now. I was keto previously and was doing OMAD with some snacking at the end. It was just not a hard transition, I was already off of carbs and sugar. Also, I'm drinking much more water now, all cold, which helps with hunger. I'm down from 181.6 to 175.8 in 89 hours, about 6 lbs. I actually may have started at 182 but it's not important. What matters is that I tippled the rate at which I was losing weight. This is the first morning I felt it a little, gonna up water intake and take a multi.

Yeah I saw that as well.
I went 112 my first fast, and people go way longer.

This guy is silly.

And this was from eating McDonalds and Pizza for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I just said fuck it and went for it.

I assume you eat healthier now? Tell me you don't eat shit and then fast to make up for it.

When do you weigh? In the morning after a piss before you take anything in? I only ask because water is heavy and will throw off your results.

Yeah first thing AM after my piss.

should I use one teaspoon of Nosalt?

or two?

Well that was only earlier this week lol.
I'm brand new to all of this.

I'm just trying to say that you don't need to "start slow" or do keto/omad for a month before your first fast.

Just fucking fast.

1 1/2. 2 would be your full max which you don't really need, but 1 might not be enough for the full day. maybe like 1 1/4

okay so I'll take 1, and see if i still get a headache or something I guess

thanks

4700mg of potassium, look at the container and do the fucking math. Mine comes out to 1.8 real tsp, a measuring spoon not flatware.

Gotcha

>4700mg of potassium

I thought that was max, not like what everyone should take all the time?

How true is this statement?

>Unlike a calorie restrictive diet, when you fast your body pumps up T, HGH and leucine. When calorie restrictive, these things never happen and you loose more muscle PER POUND OF FAT LOST. It takes you longer to lose that muscle when calorie restrictive but it's still a net negative and the faster you can get to goal (fasting), the sooner you can start rebuilding.

Day 9 of snakejuice fast. Day 2 of dry fast.

Finally seeing scale results (dropped about 3 lb overnight) but dry fasting is scary desu.

Quite.

sounds dangerous senpai

If you are doing max sodium, you have to do max potassium from what I understand, because the two are related. So, it depends on your sodium intake. I personally go just a hair low on each, but not much. Remember that if you are doing the ACV/baking soda mix that the baking soda counts towards sodium. That's a good thing because your water will be less salty or you will be able to have more clean water.

thank you

NP

Thanks, that was my statement and I was just regurgitating what I've learned. It sounds good and I know some of it is supported by studies but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to be confident that it's not BS. I don't know exactly if the studies were looking into LONG fasts or just 2-3 day fasts. I was replying to people claiming that muscle would be lost when fasting, a common argument.

My first dry fast was 24 hours and I'll break this one after 48.

I've heard horror stories of people being hospitalized and dropping dead from short dry fasts, but then I watch vlogs of people dry fasting that seem just fine.

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

>Unlike a calorie restrictive diet, when you fast your body pumps up leucine.

That part doesn't make sense. Never seen that. Leucine intake might help o a fast.

>When calorie restrictive, these things never happen and you loose more muscle PER POUND OF FAT LOST.

The studies I've read have suggested roughly 1/3rd of the mass lost through straight restriction on a normalish diet (15-20% protein), no exercise is muscle mass. Which is a lot. Basically means you could never get lean (though that changes significantly if you lift)

22 hr in to my first 48hr fast, not feeling hungry or dizzy. Would hitting the gym be alright?

Is there any way to make snake juice (w/salt) taste better without breaking fast? Or should I just bear it out? I'm only on a 48 hour so I don't really need it but I wanted to try it out.

Don't work out on an empty stomach. Wait until after the fast. If you're feeling antsy go for a walk or something.

Why would you try to dry fast. That's dumb.

GOTTA GO FASTS!

I've been holding a ton of weight since beginning my water fast and wanted to drop it. Also fell for the dry-fast-is-healing meme.

not even simple bodyweight shit

seems dangerous to dry fast just to speed up weight loss, and POSSIBLY increase autophagy a little bit

what's the point of dry fasting over water fasting? Your body needs to stay hydrated with electrolytes, I never understood this dry fasting thing

maybe i'm just salt/potassium deficient, but I just started my first fast, and I think snake juice tastes pretty good

>Also fell for the dry-fast-is-healing meme

I've asked in every single thread where people are getting their information about dry fasting

so far nobody has posted a single article or video on where they are coming up with this stuff

This might be a dumb question but I've seen people say that doing normal water fasts instead of snakejuice for 24-48 hours is fine but is it also fine if I do that and then switch up to snake juice after the 48? I assume so, but just to be sure.

I might have used too much pink salt. I used a 1/2 tsp for a half liter

>tfw lost 1.5 inches off my waist thus week and 5 pounds
Feels great. I'll have a 24 incher again soon

Keep up the good work everyone

yeah, and also your waist will be smaller too right?

>snacking
>Calls it fast
your arguments dont get better jew

I got the ultimate black pill - DNP + hard dry fasting + no sleep. Im 37 hrs in and I feel great!

>beeing this american
bbbut muh burgers mommyyyy

dry fasting is just stupid becuze you cant do it longer than 5 days and your body burns zero fat

>confusing a burger for water

I think you're the american here user...

>your body burns zero fat

>some snacking
Weak. You're Weak.
You're strong. CRUSH HIM!

Went from a 26.5 waist to a 25 inch waist. For my height that's a lot my stomach is straight up flat and my thigh gap is back

5 days dry fasting?
so tell me how much that helps you fat burgertard

>5 days dry fasting?
No, I'm asking for a source on "your body burns zero fat".

Whoops, wrong daedra

>snake man says his facebook group is ~70% female
>we know of the one korean/br roastie who posts here
Wonder what the percentage is in these threads.

There's a new shill joining us today.
Hello there, friend.

Goddamn you fuckers Listen up - water fasting is for fat loss, dry fasting is for healing.

>pharmafags are already shilling here

5 days is a joke you filthy jew buy some willpower with your shekels you hilaryfanboy

Dry fasting works I don't know what everyone's problem is