QTDDTOT

I'm looking for a mass gainer, can't seem to find one that doesn't have any creatine or whey concentrate (i'm lactose intolerant and don't want to speed up my male pattern baldness)
Can anyone in a similar situation recommend one

Other urls found in this thread:

samsfitness.com.au/weights-for-sale/olympic-weights-plates/0-5kg-olympic-weight-plate
youtu.be/aXfOdvd-sJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a dyel doing SL and it recommends I use fractional plates for bench and OHP
1. How many should I get
2. Got any to recommend?

how do i win

I got 2 sets of 0.5kg microplates (1.25lb in burgerland). They only cost me around $20aud including shipping

What are you meant to use snapchat for? I got it the other day because a friend told me to but i dont see the point of constantly posting creepshots to each other.

I can't sleep

Wanted to try doing a pure bodybuilding routine for a couple of months while heavy conditioning (I can barely do 8 pull ups without catching my breath).
This is Lyle's generic bulking routine.

Upper
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3'
Row: 3-4X6-8/3'
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/2'
Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/2'
Triceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
Biceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'

Lower
Squat: 3-4X6-8/3' (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3' rest)
SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8/3'
Leg press: 2-3X10-12/2'
Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12/2'
Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3'
Seated calf: 2-3X10-12/2'

Would it be okay to do Upper on Mon(Incline Bench)/Fri(Shoulder press) and Lower on Wed EVERY WEEK WITHOUT ALTERNATING?

Yes, I am a novice. 100/154/230/265

can someone give me a routine I can do with just a bench press set? can't afford a gym membership just yet but i do have this thing out in the yard
Is it safe to squat without a power rack?

What angle are your feet supposed to be for squats? I've heard some people say parallel but that feels completely fucked to me. 45 degree angle feels perfectly fine but I don't know if it's okay or not.

Also this

Fuck, meant to say 90 degrees, not 45

why would you do it like that, if you are going to chose a program do it the way it is written

struggling to go all the way down on later sets. thinking of cutting from 5x5 to 3x5. it's only legs r-right?

Hey I'm from Australia
Got a link?

So today I just managed to deadlift 90kg, but I think my form is a little off, and I don't want to push further incase I hurt my back, what do? I'm already squatting 2pl8 and benching 1.5 so my deadlift is really falling behind

My main focus is building upper-body mass

How long does some strained muscle hurt?
I've had one of my traps hurt on and off for a fucking year.
Its not swollen, no wonky coloration, but when I lit my hands above my head I can feel it hurting pretty bad.

sounds like it might be more than just a strained muscle. go and see your doctor

Do I have to eat like crazy and eat protein shakes on non-workout days? And if I add tons of scoops of peanut butter to my shakes to get calories is that ok or do I have to force down lots of food?Last question, I've been mewing properly for a week now and I can't notice any positive differences, how long did it take any of you guys before you could benefit from the mewing?

lol

HELP ME YOU NIGG!

What's a good weight for a 180cm former fatass to stop cutting at and start eating a surplus? Currently 75kg, down from 103

lol

ISHYGDDT

If you're lactose intolerant weight gainers are out of the question for you. It's like asking hey, what's a good honey, btw I can't eat honey.

Try drinking almond milk or something.

Yep.
samsfitness.com.au/weights-for-sale/olympic-weights-plates/0-5kg-olympic-weight-plate
For quantity it specifies each plate individually, not as a pair so buy multiple ones.

read the sticky

I had the same problem. Film yourself and post on /plg/, look up form videoes, deload 20 kilos.

I have reached my facial physique benchmark at seated 83kg in hard keto/fast. For some reason the 90kg-83kg is where my face starts to get fat. Please tell me my belly is next

I just did some with a light bar at home and had my brother watch, he said my back was straight etc. but I still can't help but feel I could improve

It is harder to keep a straight back with heavier weight, keep that in mind. I found this video pretty helpful in maintaining a straight back
youtu.be/aXfOdvd-sJ0

I eat protein powder everyday, and every tub of powder I've gotten, the directions always say to drink the powder either before or after your workouts, does this matter? Can I just eat my protein powder whenever I want, or is there a tangible reason to taking protein powder before or after my workout?

Bench
Ohp
Skullcrushers
Dips off the side of the bench
Barbell lunges
Romanian dls

Thanks man!

Why the fuck cant i move 165kg off the floor?

Attempted 4 times tonight and couldnt budge it :(

How do I get finasteride?

>How do I get finasteride?
doctor? if your gp wont prescribe it go see a female doc

Is there any way I can lose 30lbs in 3 months without fucking my shit up?

My gp doesn't take me seriously about asking about treating baldness

>My gp doesn't take me seriously about asking about treating baldness
yeah thats why you go see a female doc
she'll take it very seriously im sure

My quick calculation suggets that's between 7000-8000 kcal deficit weekly. Possible, yes, depending on your size. A small man would have to HALVE what he's eating, for a big guy 2/3 is enough. Fasting is another solution. It doesn't "fuck you up" but is hard and might not allow too much lifting.

Why the specific number tho?

Because I don't wanna cut in the middle of summer

Fair enough. But you might get better results dropping less weight and working out harder. Consider whether you're overestimating your discipline for a fast weight loss. After all, if you're up to it, why haven't you done it yet?

>why haven't you done it yet
Thinking of the future, still bulking. I've been a skelly all my life, if there's one thing I can do is not eat.

Is achieving lmao1plate seated OHP the same as 1plate standing OHP

no

Should you eat own cum to minimize protein loss from masturbation?

No, semen has an estrogenic effect if ingested

how so?
sauce?
this is relevant for a friend, asking for them

Can anyone recommend me good protein powder?

myprotein strawberry cream or chocolate smooth.

Does fit approve potatos or should I avoid them?

Why I cannot keep balance during Lunges or Bulgarian Split Squats? Also why during Split Squats my rear leg fatigue so easily?

I eat white potatoes while bulking or cutting. Just measure your portions and you will be fine.

Anyone tried powdered peanut butter? Seems like it has almost double the proteins with half the calories and little to no trans fats.

Seated with no back support is harder than standing. Seated at something like an 80 degree incline is easier. Or rather, you can move more weight.

I cannot stand deadlifts. What else could I do to that target the same muscles? I'm going after hypertrophy not strength, which I'm under the impression DLs aren't good for anyway

How far can I get I get with this routine?

Pullups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Pistol Squats 3x10
Overhead DB Press 3x10
One Arm DB Rows 3x10
Weighted Crunches 3x15
Curls 2x15
Lateral Raises 2x15

I don't have money to join a gym and only have a DB and a place where do pullups and dips.
I want to gain 10 lbs of muscle since I almost underweight.

I'm usually doing my training sessions alone, and I find it hard to max out on benchpress, feeling much more comfortable doing db press. Will I gain less doing db presses?

I gotchu covered senpai.
This brand is pretty good imo
All of it tastes like sugary shit though, so you might want to mask it with cacao powder or something.

>I've definitely overtrained this week, and i can barely move some of my muscles, and i developed tendonitis in my shoulder.

Do you have any advice on how to speed this recovery up before monday comes around?

I've been adviced to just binge eat pineapple, drink water and sleep like a lazy hawaiian bitch.

I've definitely overtrained this week.
Can barely move some of my muscles,
and i developed tendonitis in my shoulder.

Do you have any advice on how to speed this
recovery up before monday comes around?

I've been adviced to just binge eat pineapple,
drink water and sleep like a lazy hawaiian bitch.
But i don't know about that. Should i apply ice? Hot water bottle? Massage the crap out of it?

Bump

I've been trying to perfect my squat, but I'm having mobility problems. I took a week off of the gym because of my hip soreness, they felt fine after the break, started squatting again and they are sore as shit again, keep looking up stuff telling me to stretch, I've been following all of these stretching routines to no avail. What are the best stretches I can incorporate, planks? Goblet squats? I'll probably just reset my starting strength weights starting this new year and look like a NYR fag. My last working set of squats that I started feeling the bad form and lower back rounding at the bottom of my squat was 205x3x5. So this week I was just working with 135, recording my form, everything was easy, tight, fine, great, moved it up to 185 and my form goes to absolute shit, lower back rounding and pain, felt like my hips had exploded. This stalling is starting to piss me off and all I want to do is my normal routine.

I upped my calories 250 and I gained fucking 3 lbs on the scale

I'm sure it's just placebo, but I weighed like 172 last week now I'm close to 176. It's only been a fucking week.

I've got a ganglion on my wrist (it's a cyst filled with joint lubrication). The advice is to rest until it disappears (could take months) or to get it lanced by a doctor but it will probably come back.
How should I deal with it?

How do I stop my ass and thighs from being jello

It may be some water retention as well, but good going mate, keep it up

I've just started working out doing SL 5x5. So far it's going good and I like that there's only 3 lifts each workout, but I'm feeling like I want to add more to upper body especially my chest which is literally non-existant.
Should I add more exercises and if so which ones, or am I just being impatient?

whats the MAX number of pushups and dips you should do daily?

more squats, more cardio

however many you want to, as far as it isn't affecting your normal workouts

My question: I am introducing my gf to working out tomorrow. I wanna do some basic shit like squats/bench/ohp/abs... What are good set and rep ranges for women?

How many times should I go to the gym in a week?
I have a pretty soft workout that I'm able to do in 2 or so hours (yes I know I'm slow and I should try improving that), I'd also like to know how to leave bad habits behind and starting eating healty.

first thing first: read the fucking sticky.

but, since it looks like you really need help, judging by your post, you need to find a proper beginners routine. most routines have a prescribed number of workouts per week (3-5 generally speaking).
eat home cooked meals with lots of protein and healthy fats, cut out sweets, etc etc.
what kind of bad habits do you have?

I tend to eat a lot of trash food and not move much, I think I spent most of my days sat down or sleeping since I don't have any type of responsability.

I apologize for not remembering anything about a sticky I read years ago.

But overall, how much would it take for a 5'8 170 lbs chubby manlet to get a decent physique?
I'd like to get the aesthetics, but I'll be happy if I can at least look like a normal thin person.

Depends, if you're planning on going from zero to hero you're gonna have to start a bit slow, so 2-3 days a week is fine, 1 day rest inbetween will be very beneficial for you. I've been working out 3 times a week and i'm still struggling to find time for the 4th day because resting two days in a row is extremely important in my case.
Also worth mentioning is, make sure you alternate the muscle groups you're working out for each day, so make a schedule, and find some great compound exercises for each day.

If i were you, i'd go mon, wed, friday, or mon-wed-thursday, ya get it.

And also are you saying you spend 2 damn hours in the gym? I'm pretty sure anyone can get a bomb-ass workout done in an hour or so.

After the clock has ticked 60min, wrap it up, STRETCH UNTIL IT HURTS, DEEP BREATHS, STRETCH EVEN HARDER AND LONGER, shake loose, boom.

And really, just make your own food, never order anything, and just avoid shit like, whole cream, butter, sugar, white shitty bread.

If you're craving pizza i suggest you do a 50/50 of healthy-ish flour, and 00fliur when baking it.

Also constantly sipping on a giant bottle of water really keeps the cravings at bay.

>blog update:
How long it takes for you to look like a "normal thin person" depends on how drastic you're willing to change your diet and what you wish to exercise.
Naturally if you have a lot of fat on your body you're gonna just have to suck it up and do some cardio. Running, Jump-rope, elliptical machine thing, you name it.

TL;DR: between 2months and an eternity.

cheers

1. whats more beneficial to my overall health, exercise bike or a bench?
2. do crunches ruin your back long term?
3. whats the smallest barbell to get for a bench?
4. is exercise bike, pull up bar, dip bars, bench and dumbbells a good starter home gym? will also be doing bodyweight

Hi i finally lost all body fat eating 1000 kcal daily for 6 months in 3 meals, lost 25kg im 170cm 5'7 64 kg now, ok now how i build muscle, how maby kcals and meals per day for optimum gains?

my buddy swears by that shit, it always looks watery and tasteless when he mixes it tho imo, never tried it.

1: depends on your current body.
2: Not as much as walking around with a pot belly
3: about this big
4: these are amazing, i'd go as far as to say it's all you really need to get a proper full body workout, squat rack over dip bars tho.

Good job! 1000cal for 6 months sounds like hell. Not to rain on your parade but i believe it's time for you to start consuming 2200cals and get real nice and comfy with the pull ups, push ups, and squats.

>i finally lost all body fat
>you will never be at 0% bf

Lol sorry i guess i have around 10

Yeah it has been a hell but i look better now, i also lift for 6 months now, so ok 2200 with more hc and fats, thats it? Or maybe 2700-3200?
Since 2200 is mainetenance

Well, if you've already been lifting for 6 months, you shoudl definitely consider going around 2900ish more or less! But just for gods sake don't eat yourself into the pizza memehole, eat shit like peanut butter, walnuts, quinoa, bananas, literally just snack on that shit between meals and boom.

If I rarely do core and then seriously train it on a cut will I build any muscle or have anything visible after cut? 20-25% to 12% is what Im planning

That's fine, and probably better. It's easier to sustain progress on 3x5 than 5x5.

Why do i see people talking in measurements of "pl8s" like 1pl8, 2pl8 etc. Isn't it irrelevant as different plates have different weights?

No matter what I do I'm still hungry, I just want to feel full. Few moments back I've eaten kilo and a half of veggies yet I could still eat more. Halp.

Not him, doing 3x5, planning to do something more hypertrophy focused once I get to 1/2/3/4, should I be doing 5x5 at that point? Plan on maintaining the weight for a while, so it's bound to get easier over time even if it's 5x5, right?

Anyone still take jack3d?
any cardio side effects? can u sleep at night if you take it at 8-9pm?

drink more water

pl8 refers to a 45lbs plate you muppet.

Thanks for answer, yeah ill do that, all my fat will come from smoked salmon and avocado, no pizza etc maybe once a month or 3 weeks, thanks!

I'm at gallon a day

>145g of protein
Are you a grill or a skelly?

am I robbing myself of strength gains somehow if I start using a belt to deadlift? Is this somehow considered cheating?

70kg bw

Makes your abs do more work

are you losing weight?
if not, just stop being a pussy and get used to being hungry

I'm bulking
I'm always doing something yet I think about food all the damn time, it's tiring and I always feel unsatisfied, I can not-binge, but it takes so much energy

the angle that feels the most comfortable. that's literally it.

it just seems like you (and your body) have an unhealthy relationship with food. maybe try occupying your mind with something else? I even tend to forget to eat when I'm really engrossed in some kind of activity (films, books, socializing, ...)

>90
What the fuck?
45 Is perfectly fine