Daily reminder that

If you bench more than 1pl8 you're above 85% of the male population

Don't fall for the powerlifting meme

literally every lad I know can bench 1pl8. even the twink ones. kys

are you telling me you are fine comparing yourself to the average loser?

had trouble benching 65 kg today so this makes me feel (slightly) better

Kek fucking garbage, are your friends all gym dwellers ? The average guy doesn't even hit the gym or does shitty curlbro routines

Im talking about non-lifters on their first day at the gym. the weakest friend I bought to the gym with be was

I bench 200lb for 3x8 and I thought my bench is shit

>6'5
>50kg
Ok now I know you're bullshitting. I have a friend who's 5'6'" and 50kg and he's a fucking skeleton.

I would show pics but I dont want to bully him. he is severely underweight although its got a bit better since I gave him nutrition advice. hes ~65kg now

as pathetic as a 1pl8 is, it true that most men cant

>lying on the internet...

ok friend

What a fucking lie. I bench 2 plate and have never seen anyone come even close. Most bench below 1 plate.

Anyone who's been to gym knows this.

That depends on the gym. At my old gym my lmao 90kg bench was "strong" but at my uni gym it seems like everyone can bench 2pl8.

Wat
My bench started at 1pl8 because I didnt know form or have much experience at the gym. Are you retarded?

>6'5
>less than 50kg
yeah thats borderline anorexic
ask me how i know that youre severely exaggerating

other than one of my friend, everyone else i know and the other random people in the gym doing weird ass exercises can bench 1pl8 or more. If there are people who can't bench at least 1pl8, you are at a high school gym

Lol no. Someone benching 2 plate is a rarity at my gym.

What kind of magical soyboy land do you live in?
There's 15 year olds benching 225 here.

This
I've been going to the gym on an off for about a year or so.The only person i've been benching more than 300lbs was one of the guy actually working at the damn gym.

very FEW people bench 2 plates for reps,let alone 3

Do you faggots even leave your homes to go anywhere else other than the gym ?

It's ridiculous how the average Veeky Forumscel is so dejected from reality. No surprise /r9k/ is so prominent here.
If you tell any random normie that you bench 60kg he'll be impressed.

no exaggeration. he wasnt borderline anything, he was anorexic. he was basically sedentary and didnt eat anything

my gym is dogshit. everyone has shit form, but everyone Ive seen benches 1pl8

i take "Bullshit that a faggot says" for 1000.

One plate is still weak af.

this, I'm 6'7", skinny faggot, and about 100kg

>wanting to stop at a B percentile grade

Shoot for the gold, bros.

yeah. I said 1pl8 tho, not 2pl8. Ive only seen 2 people other than me bench 2pl8 here, but everyone can bench 1pl8. its weird t b h. everyone benches 60-80kg no more no less. and no one does warm up sets

The average guy who looks fit benches 80kg in my experience.
I've only seen fat fucks or roidfags bench more in my gym.

you and everyone else itt calling me a liar must come from some weak as shit areas or youre nerdy gamer types who ust started lifting and are insecure about your crappy lifts. if the latter, I guarantee you'll get stronger soon and realise how silly youre being

>implying normies dont go to the gym
>implying we are all lying about normies benching 1pl8

its like you dont go to the gym and realize there are other people htere

>dejected
you don't know what that means.

Sure, not everybody lives in Roididistan where skeletons can magically lift his own bodywhight and more, after a god damm week. Gimme a ticket to your Gym bro, i wanna check that shit out, must be a spooky place with all that beanstalks that can outlift everyone.

I live in the west midlands of england...

what kind of pussy gym do you go to where only 15% of the lifters can only bench 1pl8?

>and no one does warm up sets
well then everyone at your gym is a maron.

how do i escape 1.5 pl8?

i've been stuck here for ages

try adding weight dips and chin ups to your routine. Its not going to guarantee it but some assistance exercises might help slightly

yeah they are. I want to help them but I dont want to be rude. the 2 guys I saw bench 2pl8+ could both easily bench 3pl8 with some form changes. really annoys me t b h

same. It's like being stuck in limbo

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED
15% of MEN IN GENERAL can bench 1 pl8.
Obviously people at the gym will GO THERE BECAUSE THEY LIKE LIFTING so they will BENCH MORE

FUCK

if you can't bench at least 2 pl8's you're not an adult male, functionally you're a child still. I'm sorry, and honestly if you can't bench 300 lbs you're not really a fit male at all.
he said most of the male population, not most of the males who lift. And btw he's probably right even in gyms, most men at gyms do cardio and lift dumbbells and use machines.

>if you go to gym you can gym better than people who don't go to gym
WOW

according to Veeky Forums, an average male who doesn't go to the gym can definitely bench 135, squat at least 225 and ohp 135

talk about being delusional and suffering from bigorexia

>starts thread about how you should compare your lifts to people who don't go to the gym
>gets this triggered when people troll you
>i.... i was just trying to troll powerlifters..

you deserve all this butthurt

There's no way 85% of men can't bench 1pl8.
85% of twinks maybe can't. But not men in general.

I mean i gotta agree i bench 2pl8 @145lbs, I'm a smol goi everyone should be stronger than me

>honestly if you can't bench 300 lbs you're not really a fit male at all

post your 300+ bench big guy..considering how cocky you sound over the internet you probably rep 400 with no warmup

whats confusing is when a thread is started talking about people who don't lift and using them to justify why its okay to have weak lifts if you actually do go to the gym

just keep lifting and stop getting upset, you'll get to 300 eventually. Most men can plateau around their if they wanted to. And just for the record, all the linebackers at my school, the starting strong safety, all 3 of our runningbacks when they won state could bench 300 lbs. I think you should compare yourself to elite genetics and top tier athletes rather than letting ugly, mediocre, weak people be your measure. I know i'm weak and I know i'm not as handsome as Chads, I'm totally comfortable with that knowledge and still try to strive to be like them as much as possible because they're demonstrably better in the physicality and handsomeness departments than me, denying this would be a form of cognitive dissonance user. I'm not trying to put people down, I'm just being honest, if you can't at least bench 2 pl8's you're DYEL and if you can't bench 300+ you're not actually a strong man, just strong for an American fat fuck bug

A 300 lb bench is considered elite at anything less than 200 lb body weight, at which point it is considered advanced.
Most men don't weigh 200 lbs to begin with.
So your idea of what it takes to be "strong" is to be a literal elite-tier lifter.

I rep 225 :)

Lmfao this is oure fucking exaggerated bs, unless you live somewhere where people have to do manual labour from 14

15 year okd hitting 225 with good rom. My sides bro

>A 300 lb bench is considered elite at anything less than 200 lb body weight, at which point it is considered advanced.
lol who cares, all the jocks at my HS's could bench around 300 lbs or more, 90% of them were Aryan whytes too
>So your idea of what it takes to be "strong" is to be a literal elite-tier lifter.
elite physicality, lifting is gay as fuck unless you're doing it for sports or women or to intimidate other people. There's absolutely no reason to care about how strong you are otherwise. I'm just making a point that anyone who can't bench 300 lbs would get annihlated in a brawl with athletes who can. That's all. You can make of it what you will. I do not care if rn I can't hit that mark, I plan on reaching it in my mid 20's and I think any man who can't is not really a fully actualized male, physically speaking. You should want to be elite, the top 20% in any field are the only people who matter at all. Women don't know how strong you are, but other men can tell rather easily. And the only men whose opinion matters are Chad's and the only way to intimidate or impress Chad is to match his basic benchmarks. Again if you feel comfy at 250 or w/e that's fine with me. You're just a lot weaker than most elite HS football players and I think that's a little shameful. Again, women don't care, weak men don't care, Chad and athletes do care and will notice in the gym that you're demonstrably weaker than them. Everyone starts somewhere but if you don't try to reach your peak fitness you're kind of a pussy imho

>I plan on reaching it in my mid 20's and I think any man who can't is not really a fully actualized male, physically speaking.
This will be my last remark to you because it's now apparent that you're rather immature, but I'd like you to consider how one-dimensional your criteria of "fully-actualized" is according to what you've just written here.

physically speaking being top tier is all that matters, intellectually speaking all that matters is being above 120, ideally 130 IQ, spiritually speaking not being attached to transient phenomena is all that matters. I don't know why this is so offensive to you. Just stop caring about the weak, they're bad examples and will hold you down. Strive to reach the summit always user, the good are happy and beautiful

OP is right. Most people can't bench 1pl8. Comparing yourself to the average guy who's never been in a gym or does not take the time to understand even the utmost basics of strength training while also regularly bench pressing is dumb though, so who cares?

Benching 2pl8 is and should be a milestone for anyone trying to get strong - but it is not an impressive milestone unless you're below 50kg, or a woman.

If you're at a gym where only a handful of people have benched 2pl8 - and especially if you've been there for over 1 year you should consider the following:

1. Change gym to a better one. Surround yourself with better people.
2. If you can't change your gym for whatever reason, realize that the people at your gym should not be taken seriously as any measure for the standards that you lay on yourself in terms of physical progression.

Sort your shit out guys.

that's true. you didn't give a shit about any of those people before you went to the gym, why start after?

This to be honest

I meant comparing yourself only in the physical sense. Don't look down on people just because they don't share the same goals or haven't figured out what you have yet.
Help a bro out and get him to your level, don't step down to his.

mfw I can't even bench 1pl8, currently at 120lbs.

well maybe I could for a single rep, never tried.

Put 2.5lbs on each side. Rep. Repeat

i bench 1pl8 for 45 reps on upper days. feelsgoodman.

>Most bench below 1 plate.

What in the fuck kind of gym do you even go to? Stop lifting in the kid's section, faggot.

If you are stuck below 2pl8 benchpress you are doing something wrong

VOLUME

I benched 30 kgs at first 183 cm at the time and 15 yo

>6'7'
Holy shit user. How do you even squat? I'm 6'2" and had trouble with my form for a good while.
Keep going bro. You'll be a fucking monster.

>anyone whos been to the gym
Thats the problem. Most of Veeky Forums clearly doesnt lift

Imagine being that qt in public, imagine all the lusting (male) attention

I remember when I hit 1pl8, literally everyone around me were fucking sperging hard about it, bragging about me managing it to people I don't know. Sure this was back in 2012, but it's not just something anyone really does if they don't work for it.

What I think many of you are failing to realize about the 85%, is that it includes every male from ages 18 to 98. Yes, a higher percentage of young males

yes

>Sit in front of my computer for my whole life
>Bus, metro or taxi everywhere, never cycle or walk
>Go to the gym
>One month and I can already bench 1pl8
What a fucking lie you have there or you count asians and starving Africans as people

Christ m8y. You're either still a boy or need someone with a huge cock to fuck you something good because you're bitchy AF.
Chad is Chad because he isn't overconcerned with others. Comparing is fine if you want inspiration but to compare as a benchmark...

Careful, guys. We've got a rick and morty fan here

I instantly disregard anyone's opinion who thinks that IQ is worth anything
I have an IQ of 130 and I'm a fucking retard

I've been stuck at 2.5 plates for a couple months. Any tips for getting to 3? lower reps heavier weight? more sets of 5?

Must be about location and demographics. At my gym there is always at least a guy doing 2p8 and 1p8+ is the norm.

>tfw day 20 of nofap and pic related made me hard as a rock

breaking news - majority of the world consists of average joes and before you draw any moronic conclusions (more probably assumptions), I didn't fucking say you should have no aspirations to be better, but fucking be better than you were yesterday, because if you will compare yourself to fine lads like Sarychev or Malanichev you will always be shitty.

This. I don't want to be better then the losers, that's too easy. I want to be a fucking god.

Using links of chain from my hard ware store worked for me. You can add like a pound at a time if throwing five on at once is too much.

maybe 15% isnt enough

5% CMON

That's the answer - bongland is infested with polish cockroaches and as i am a cockroach myself, I have never been to a polish gym where at least few guys wouldn't be able to press 2pl8, hell, I go to a gym for corporate rats and there is one guy pressing 150kg for reps

Why do people feel the need to bullshit like this? I don't get it. At least if you say you bench 3pl8 yourself it's somewhat understandable.

>The weakest of average dudes is 6'5"
lel

I have never benched less than one plate starting from day one. And I weighed 140 when I started lifting.
I’m a personal trainer now and 95% of men over the age of 16 can Bench 1pl8 unless they are recovering from an injury or flaming gay.

Check your statistics.

The average man is deffinately impressed if you said you bench 70kg, which to a gym brah is average. If you can bench your own actual body weight your doing well. Weigh 86kg bench 80kg.

The average, untrained male can bench 135. A novice can bench 175, and an "intermediate" (novice with about one year of experience) can bench 215

That’s in your world bro where every cunt is in the gym. I work in factory an I’d say im in the top 5% of people for strength in my workplace an I’m just hitting 2pl8

he is polish lmao

I am genuinely concerned at how unbelievable you find this... we're talking about 1pl8. 60kg. I have no reason to lie about what random other people at my gym lift especially with something so unremarkable

>Couldn't bench the bar when I started
>Currently bench 150lbs after months
>Was able to diddle 255lbs on day one
>Squat 225
Whats wrong with me

I ohp 2 plates and train at home. I haven't gone to the gym for like 2 years. Should I go there just to mess with normos? I heard 2 plate ohp is demi-god rank from somebody on here.

The average male is also overweight so 135 doesn't mean much.

long arms, not eating enough and having shitty bench tech

cry more faggot

When I first started I benched 20 kg(the bar) 8 times and atg squatted 220kg x 5

no one there will really care

if you include male children in the average male population you're probably right

Its a strong OHP but no one will really mire it.