Sup Veeky Forums. Is Insanity actually legit?? Is this good Cardio or placebo dogshit?

Sup Veeky Forums. Is Insanity actually legit?? Is this good Cardio or placebo dogshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vK_HNVyWjgc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read the sticky dumbass.

Kill yourself fucking faggot. The sticky says NOTHING about this specific workout video set. God forbid you muscle headed freaks actually help someone out for once.

this

It is good, but:
way too much volume
HIIT 5-6 times a week is way too much, 3*30mn for fit individuals, 2*15 for absolute beginners, adjust in between
Without even considering volume, HIIT is not for overweight beginners, the intensity, and impact on joints from jumping and landing for an overweight under-developped person is looking for injury to happen, especially is sedentary for a long time or 35+ years old

It's still good, but not better than free HIIT routines on Youtube

try this, disregard wannabee manbun, make sure you stretch and wrmup at least 10 mn before performing HIIT routines
youtube.com/watch?v=vK_HNVyWjgc

It's full retard. Not the type of cardio you want to add to your weight lifting.
Latter is already HIIT - there is no benefit of adding more HIIT to it.
You want to add slow paced cardio; where you keep your heart rate low and slowly increase the distance/time/whatever you can perform while also keeping the HR low.

just saw your answer, sticky adresses HIIT
High Intensity Interval Training, which is what insanity uses.
The idea is instead of 45mn+ moderate cardio, you alternate short burst of full throttle effort and short rests
TABATA: 2units (ex 1mn) rest for 1 unit (inthis case 30 sec) effort. most common for beginner level
Intermediate: 1 to 1 ratio
Advanced: 2 units effort for 1 unit rest

>weightlifting is HIIT
wut?

same user, me

is a keyboard fitness expert, he has no clue what he's talking about.HIIT with weights is beyond retardation (the idea of HIIT is to keep you on the brink of exhaustion,good luck maintining form with that level of intensity) , and HIIT for cardio between rest days is very good

t.: 10+years boxing, lift 3 days a week, and HIIT (in my case boxing) 3 days a week. Just progress at yur pace, and it's okay to stop if it's to much, just focus on regularity and adding one extra 30 sec effort afte another

Adding to what this user said, HIIT is also difficult to recover from; so don't do it on your rest days. Do it after you lift.

You're not going to build size off it but yes, its legit. Super fun (hard) cardio. Plyo x (P90X) is also kinda hard but Insanity is on another level so I say do it.

OP here, just so we're aware I'm only asking to see if it's a good source of weight loss. I don't lift a lot not looking for muscle gain particularly, just wanna get rid of my gut. Also sorry to the user I called a fsggot earlier I'm have a bad day

>wut
Have you ever measured your heart rate while lifting weights?
I am not sure how you lift, but mine spikes up during sets, then cools down during my rest and spikes up again during the next set.
Which is litterally what HIIT is.

I don't care about your shitty boxing experience - it's completely meaningless.
Go to an actual cardiologist and ask him how you should train in order to make your heart more healthy.
He will tell you that most of your cardio training should be slow paced, where you keep your heart rate low and then work on the amount of work you can do.
Which is what makes your resting HR drop - the heart gets more efficient which each pump thus needs less per minute.

what good my advice would be if you cant read?

Lifting is anaerobic, but it's not nearly as anaerobic as what people would usually consider HIIT.

It's good.
It's not really hiit but it's still good.
It gave me mad low bodyfat, speed and endurance.
Can't do it now since I live in an apartment.
If I was able to I'd do it again.

I do martial arts and desu I wouldn't call any of them, striking or grappling, HIIT.

>move a lot in a short period of time
What do you think?

My resting heart rate is like 50 and I only lift.

not all martial arts, but rounds and rest is textbook HIIT, the only difference is the technical aspect, and the fact your not pursuing your own max VO2, but you have to keep up with opponent, so in effect achieves the same thing, unless you're sparin with someone below your level

>high heart rate means it's HIIT
nice meme faggot

so you lift heavy for 1 mn as fast as you can, then rest 30 and repeat? Please tell me you're not a crossfitter

weightlifting has no time constraint (only rest time is set), hence is not interval training, it's merely high intensity. your cardiologist knows about heart-related aspects of training, not training routines

What's your point?

Calories fucking newfag

Meme bullshit for fat old women.

Lmao are you fucking retarded?

>cardio warmup, stretching, plyo, calisthenics, HIIT
>meme for fat old women

No user, Insanity is bretty good and so is T25, but as mentioned above the volume is too high if you aren't half-assing it

>placebo workout

It does literally none of those things well.
Every single "fitness" program thats on a video is just an excuse for fat old women to continue doing what they love most (watching TV). And they jump around a little bit.