Hey fit, due to a recent revelation, and people telling me to get my shit together...

Hey fit, due to a recent revelation, and people telling me to get my shit together, I've come to the conclusion that I want to be a cop. Trouble is, I'm an out of shape 280 lb man. I am really serious about it though- I've already changed my diet fairly well, but I have no idea how to go about exercise. How should I go about losing weight and getting strong enough for the physical exam?

>I've already changed my diet fairly well

No. /thread

>I've already changed my diet fairly well
you clearly haven't

Here's what you do. No bullshit:

1) weigh yourself right now. You will weigh yourself at the same time every week. Write this number down.

2) For the next week, write down everything that goes in your mouth. EVERYTHING. No judgements, don't worry about what it is or how much.... just write it down.

3) report back next Friday and we'll go from there.

Talk to you next week. Adding a trip so you know it's me

>Adding a trip so you know it's me
i'm an idiot

I wish I was 280lbs and wanted to lose weight. You simply stop eating like a pig. Yea you will starve (actually you won't but your fucked up brain will think you are starving without the constant sugar spike) , it will be painful but all you have to do is eat like a normal human being you fat fuck.
Also fuck cops. no wonder there is no mentally healthy and intelligent cop.

OP here. Changing my diet fairly well was code for "I don't have enough money to eat like a fucking pig anymore." That "recent revelation" was partially financial.

Also, I just started running last week, so I haven't lost weight yet. I know I'll lose weight going as I am, but I want to:

A. Lose it faster, and
B. Get in shape at the same time, if possible.

A lot of shit's gone down over the past month for me. I want to take something positive from it, and if that means stopping myself from being a fat fuck, then I'm damn well going to do it.

less talk.

what's the official weigh in today?

288 last time i checked. It's been a while though, i don't have a scale.

your homework is to get a scale and get a notepad

you need to know if you are losing weight. dead-reckoning won't cut it. nothing fancy, just a $19.99 bathroom scale is fine

I'll do that then, and come back when i have notable progress.

if it's not on this list, don't eat it

i take that back, no pasta or potatoes or bread of any kind for you, fat boy

My Fitness Pal. Join us over in /fat/.

Cop here. Academy pt is basically just cardio, push ups and sit ups. As for losing weight, stop drinking anything but water. Switch to snack foods that make you fuller, like almonds. Also be sure that a cop is what you want to be. Good pay, but sometimes long and shitty hours.

I was 280 at my heaviest op. Eat between 1200 and 1500 calories.youll lose weight pretty quick.
I'm at 240 and look a lot better, in about 3 months. My goal is 180.

For a person of healthy weight, whole grains a great predictor or health/longevity. Basically the more the better

Start fasting and lose 50lb in a month easily

>I'll do that then, and come back when i have notable progress.

nope. you'll come back next week, progress or no.

even if you gain 2 lbs next week, as long as you are tracking food and weight, we can adjust.

don't disappoint yourself.

Sean?

gotcha
not my name, sorry

Veeky Forums helped me to lose 50lbs a few years ago and all I did was alter my diet. Never once did I exercise and the weight still burned off. I mean yes I did start eventually but it really is that easy.

If you want to get serious, start by reading the sticky. Personally I would recommend that you start with the Couch to 5K running program; it's designed specifically to get people like you from laying on the couch to being able to run a 5K. If that sounds like something you're up for go to the store tonight and buy some running shoes and socks. Start now, not eventually.

I believe in you and if you're serious about getting into law enforcement, I salute you. Godspeed, user.