gear

Damn, the broscience guy got big

>blasts gear
>all you need is starting strength guys, I swear

i thought billy mays was dead

>rapidly balding
I wonder

HI, BILLY MAYS HERE FOR TRENBOLONE!

Normal sized young men can get that if they do the damn program.

Every single day, you eat. Every single night you sleep. Every single week, you do all three workouts. The SS gains are truly a wonder to behold. But no one does the damn program. They skip workouts, they won't eat, or they won't sleep. Sad!

You forgot
>every single day, you blast

>the broscience guy
you mean the literal doctor?

And he achieved that with a biiiig bulk and probably really good genetics. He actually understands programming, which goes a long way over just using a crap default SS/SL/5/3/1 template with no personal tailoring

and not jerk the dick

The guy can self-prescribe any gear he wants

All of these pathetic people that immediately scream "GEAR". You all couldn't achieve the same results with all the gear in the world.

>he actually thinks its possible to bench 365 pounds in one year of natty training

Confirmed for never having been within 50 km of a gym.

A 200lb dude who can do pushups probably has a 1rm of like 185. The other 180 could be had at just 5lbs/wk over 36 weeks, or

I can almost do one hand pushups but only bench a shameful 50

he gained 60 lbs of body weight in his first year of training and probably started out with high numbers to begin with

and to all the faggots saying "hurr durr he's a doctor he could prescribe himself steroids so easily" he isnt currently working at a practice, he runs his business

The first week of college physics explains quite easily why that's wrong. It's called "an angle"

>thinking it works this way
im sure powerlifters just LP'd their way up to 500

You first saw what an angle is on fucking COLLEGE physics? Jesus christ man first college physics course I took the problems were about linear algebra and a shit ton of integration.

someone send this thread to feigenbaum on insta so he can come ITT

that's nice
how's second year going for you?

Did some 10 mins ago, he hasnt seen the message

What?

They don't understand that gear adds some to your potential, let's say 10% for the sake of this conversation. So if you can progress to benching 600, you will get to 660. However, if someone is GDE, no matter what amount of gear will not make them look like Hulk. It is strange though, 'cause this kind of thinking is typical for normies typing under YT videos "roiding for this?!". This is reality. If you have small frame, bad insertions and so on, you just won't become Jay Cutler. And vice versa of course, Cutler would be huge even without roiding, but those 10% made him competitive at a global level.

>What's the deal with this motherfucker
E-statting

>le 10% meme
>le 1 year of training hitting elite status in the two listed lifts is normal for a natty
>le le

Plot twist. Still alive.

So, in HS I benched and did curls for 1 year with a buddy of mine (Cory) who was a wrestler. We worked together as janitors at our HS after school for $$ (hey- we were making like 9.00/hr and at the time that was pretty good). Anyway, that was my senior year at HS and I benched 135. I was racing motocross every weekend and didn't really work out otherwise. I was ~165lbs.

I went to Bible school (really) in Arkansas for 1.5 years and basically didn't workout at all outside. When I transferred to a state school in Missouri, I ended up going to the gym with one of my friends, Mike who "taught me" how to squat and DL.

I ended up not being able to squat 135 below parallel (bad form, no idea what I was doing), but I did a set of 5 or 10 with 185 on deadlifts (can't remember- this was 2005?)

Anyway, I got on the internet and started scouring for "training programs" and ended up doing the big lifts 1-2x/wk with the idea to add weight to the bar each week. I did a lot of extra accessory work that I don't really remember, bought a belt, wrist wraps, knee wraps- but no shoes because Nike Shox were awesome. I met a powerlifter who was doing GHD's in the school gym and he ended up being my Organic Chem professor. He was also the PL coach. I got some programs from him as well as some powerlifting briefs. No idea why I thought that was a good idea.

I ended up squatting 500 x 1 (above parallel I'm sure) in knee wraps, benched 365 x 2, and sumo deadlifts 545 (I thought that's how you pulled) around the end of year one. I also did, indeed, go from 165'ish pounds to 230'ish pounds in a year.

That was around the time on the Internet where you'd get advice to just "eat everything and gain a bunch of weight to get strong." That worked okay for me.

I screwed around for a long time after that (2006ish to 2012) before I did my first meet as a 181. I went 440/303/540 there. At USAPL Raw nats that year I went 440/313/550 as a 181.

oh shit it's the tripcode. confirmed legit from the last thread

Hope thats in KG weak boi

leave it to a normie to type a literal novel with le reddit spacing on four chin
jk ily jordan

For starters - I didn't know 365lbs bench is considered elite by the elitist cambodian carpet weaving forum. Your reading comprehension is astounding, I specifically stated that this number was given for the sake of conversation, you can make it 14,88% if it makes you hard. Also - genetic diversity is a lot bigger than your pea brain can comprehend, take Greg Nuckols (I know, I know, Veeky Forums hates him, I don't care), he started with benching around 225lbs (cannot find the interview right now), because he used to work physically and has good genes.

FUCKIN CHECKED THE TRIP WUDDUP MY NIGHA

tits or gtfo

Not exactly setting the PL world on fire. I did a meet in PA and then the Arnold in Winter 2012 and Spring 2013 (both USAPL) and did relatively poorly, like 451/325/550 even though my programming was way better. I finally decided to go up a weight class and at Raw Nats in 2013 I went 500/363/600 in the 205 weight class (weighed 202 or something).

Anyway, that was during the summer between 1st and 2nd year of med school and my next USAPL meet wouldn't be until April 2015. Basically, there were no USAPL meets near me and my schedule was pretty shitty to get out of town. I had a chill rotation when I did a meet up in NYC, about a 5 hr drive from VA. I went 550/407/638 at 205. Then Raw Nationals (USAPL) in 2015 was between 3rd and 4th year so I had some time to get out of town. I went 572/418/672 as a 205.

Then I did CrossFit for like 7 months, started residency, training was still "fine", but less time to sleep and my numbers haven't really gone up a whole bunch. I've squatted 600 in training (591 in a meet), Benched 425 (418 in a meet), and pulled 715 (703 in a meet on a stiff bar). My press has gone from 255 as a 181 to 281 as a 205 guy. Not exactly insane progress there either.

Idk guys- I have nothing against drugs, but I guess I'm still waiting for them to kick in.

For reference, my 65yr old dad pulled 395 x 5

gahddamn hes still typing

we got a celebrity in the house, boyos

You have to keep in mind when replying on this board Jordan that a large percentage of people think that doing 1/2/3/4 plates (press, bench, squat, deadlift) after a year of training is borderline impossible.

To clarify, I don't think one pushup = 92.5%BW 1rm, I think a respectable number of pushups, like 30 does

that's because most people here think it's more desireable to be skinny ottermode than it is to be big and strong and they call any strong person over 17% bf "fat"

Since you did crossfit, what do you think of it? Specially now that youre friends with rip, a know enemy of the """"""""sport"""""""".
I personally think its retarded as hell but in case Im wrong, please do enlight me.

Bro, help me out.

After dealing with a wicked case of tendonitis in both knees due to mal-tracking patellas, I'm finally able to squat the bar for 3x5 without any pain. First time I've done barbell squats with no pain in about 8 months. How should I progress from here? I've been working the shit out of my VMOs and I'm confident that my patellas are gonna stay in place, but I don't wanna hurt myself again with too much volume and/or intensity too soon. Should I stick with 3x5 and add weight every week for a bit and see how I fare, or add a few pounds ever session? Should I squat high bar or low bar? I usually squated high bar but a PT buddy recommended low bar because he says it's less taxing on the knees?

feigenbaum is probably gone, but he has said that their programming and method of teaching the lifts is complete trash, though it has helped make barbell training more presentable to the general public

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html

it's absolutely possible naturally, just not for you or me

it's possible for those in the 99.999th percentile of strength genetics though

Aaaaand I can link you to symmetricstrength running Jordan's numbers (365 at 230), it says 'advanced'. Before some of you nignogs will start assuming something that wasn't said. I don't attack Jordan, his numbers are great. It is a matter of benchmark you are using. You give me your link, I give you what SS states and none of us will make the other one change their opinion so that is that.

I'm agreeing with your that his numbers are great. They are insane. I like the guy and he's doing great. I linked a set of metrics that are wholly accepted. You did too (to fit your argument) and he is still at at insane level for "one year" of training. To imply he isn't on gear is just silly. He has either been doing some kind of heavy resistance training for awhile and finally took it seriously or he started pinning. Don't disillusion people by saying those kind of gains are natty or normal is what I'm saying.

I'm actually not even trying to be an ass right now. I'm just checking you.

I mean, obviously he worked his ass off, but the fact of the matter is pretending these results are remotely possible without other wordly levels of gear is just disingenuous.

Doesn't mean it is easy, but yeah there is no denying the dude is on gear.

They are not normal by any means, probably many standard deviations away from average. But you know - someone has to have them. It is like over 200IQ, no one would believe it is you, who have it, but someone actually does (e.g. Hawking). Or this liberian dude, who knows over 50 foreign languages. People tell me I am gifted with those kind of things and it took me 11 years to get to know 4 of them. Maybe Jordan is this 1% of top tier strength genetics, who knows.

No it really isn't. There had to have been some level of prior physical conditioning and heavy physical conditioning at that. Maybe a year of proper weight lifting, but there is no way a dude who has never been heavily physically active can step into a gym and step out with a 365 bench in a year without blasting unholy levels of gear.

How do people this retarded have the balls to voice their opinion or give advice
> For starters - I didn't know 365lbs bench is considered elite
And you didn't look it up either. You never have. Because you never have been curious about your current strength relative to the average lifter (EX: I weigh 160lbs, I wonder if there is some website that could tell me what my bench press should be?) because
> spoiler alert
You do not lift.

Why are people like you so eager to give roiders a pass? I'm genuinely curious. You see someone do something insane, a novice lifting weights that should by all rights be tearing him apart at his experience level and you say: "Huh, maybe he's Kryptonian. I don't know dude and neither do you."

365 is not elite by any definition

it's a good bench but nowhere near elite

you're the retard here, guy you are replying to is absolutely right, jordan's rapid progress to great lift numbers can easily be explained by genetic variability

or maybe he's on gear, oy vey

> 365 is not elite by any definition
> A 95lb woman bench pressing 365lbs would not be considered elite
You are too stupid to be allowed to speak without a filter user

This dude is so reddit

It is easy, I have met exceptional people in my life, I knew a guy who at the age of 15 would shot put on a national level without roiding, he was huge. I have trained judo with him at the same club, he would obliterate guys having several years of experience while being newbie. There is one more thing to this, their life doesn't influence mine, I couldn't give two shits whether they are roiding or not, I won't compete against them. If I would, i would also probably care and more than likely would try to find anything that justifies me losing to them, because cognitive dissonance is a bitch

So do you believe you are just genetically lucky?

I agree, I and Scooby don't like "fake natty"

>you mean the literal doctor?
He means Dom Mazzetti (do you wanna dance?)

The average male should be able to obtain a 1 rep Max 3/4/5 in a year if your diet and sleep ect are on point. So a genetic outlier isn't possible?

Fair enough, thanks for answering. I guess interacting with people like that gives you a different perspective. Only time I ever met someone at that sort of elite, overpowering level, we were competing (martial arts, sports in general) and no matter how hard I trained or practiced I always got overpowered. Hell, he overpowered the instructor with strength, not skill. Found out (10) years later that his dad wanted him to go pro, and had been pinning him all through high school.

ILU jordo fooglebombs
Tell rippletoes we said o shit waddup

Strength Athletes (or any athlete) usually use gear for enhanced recovery. Or to increase weight to a higher weight class. The actual increase in strength is minimal so threes no point going over a blood level of 1000-1200 test anyway.

Only bodybuilders really use the insane amount of hormones and that's only a recent thing in the last ~20 years.

it means you should stop bragging that you went to college.
a fuckton of people your age attend/completed college
nobody gives a fuck.

The question is how much of an outlier you are willing to accept. The idea that a young male with interests outside the gym (family, friends, girls, books, higher education, career) could hit 3/4/5 in a year, with no prior training, is a high bar to set. (for the reasons you mentioned: diet, sleep, and stress) The idea that the same young male could hit 4/5/6 in a year, without prior training is laughable.
I hit 1/2/3/4 in 6 months and think that's fairly impressive. But this was 6 months of perfect gymcel; no friends, no family, so 4 hour gym sessions with 8-9 hours of sleep. No one to interrupt my perfect diet, religiously took my supp stack, and relatively stress free. Near perfect conditions.
But the climb from 1/2/3/4 to 3/4/5 is steep. Steeper than you think (esp if you don't lift). That hill can only be surmounted with time (rest, recover, grow) and dedicated training. People who skip that time phase are on something that allows them to rest, recover, grow, at an unnatty rate. It is really as simple as that.

Maybe, but I think he just roided. I think that comparing strength to something like intelligence isn't a good comparison. You have a point, but I honestly believe there is no way this guy is natty.

here. You can't compare experience to strength progression. One is extremely and objectively measurable the other not so much. I know where you are coming from I wrestled for 8 years and the gap is huge between a novice and even an intermediate. I know that strength sports are WAY different though.

1/2/3/4 in 6 months is very impressive. Ignore what Veeky Forums tells you, it takes most people 1-1.5 years if they are serious to hit those numbers. You just had a dedication and did it right.

Best post in the thread.

Projecting much?
My post was about how ridiculous is to first learn about angles in college. Seriously did not intend to brag about something as basic as going to college

Pretty much my thoughts, no one is saying it isn't an amazing feat in a year. But it's just the sheer capacity for recovery would have to be pretty ridiculous, like wolverine tier

How come you stopped at 230? Was it because diet became too expensive?

Thats why i stopped at 230 and just overtime sank down to 195. Started at 165.

I hit 475 squat after 9 months training. I couldnt even do 1 dip or pullup for 6 of those months but the legs were doing work.

I did a lot of construction work during college so my first day of the gym i was just able to pick up 275 dl and 225 squat. Upper body strength was non existant though.

It's easy enough if you have a good program and the right genetics, im coming up on 10 months and 350lb bench

That's really good for you. I hope you compete and do well. Most people will never get those numbers. My lifetime goal is a 365 bench @240. Congrats if you aren't larpin.

I was hating on this heeb in the other thread he appeared in, but I honestly appreciate this. good shit mane

He gained nearly 30kg bw in that one year and his 500 squat was above parallel in knee wraps, believe it or not some people are just better, there is a natural teenager who used to post in /plg/ called frog who has squatted over 270kg within 3 years training at around ~90, there are too many people eating and training like shit to have a clear idea of what an outlier really is

fell for the meme