/PLG/ Powerlifting General

I miss Joe edition

rep me sean

>when all else is held equal
All else isn't equal.

Also IQ depends on both genetic and environmental factors.

If you have a big ego and need to be racist to feel better about yourself I won't stop you though.

He's doing alright for himself. Might get to see him again next week.

I'm jealous. I wanna see that qt.

New thread so reposting
>currently at 195lbs x 1 Overhead press.
>recommend me a OHP specific program to push it over to 225lbsx1.

I understand there is a lot of delicate thought and hard work that needs to go in here to get there injury free,would be best if I had coach to adapt it to me, but unfortunately I am going to have to resort to random anons on /plg/

Bodyweight is 200lbs so I think its quite achievable. Bench is sitting 3 plate, squat at 430 pounds, Deadlift at 505 pounds.
Currently finished Smolov JR cycle for bench.

A P R I L
P
R
I
L
7TH

(when I got 400+ wilks)

Yeah, I'll be there for sure. Depending on how things go, it's likely I'll visit once before then too.

>If you have a big ego and need to be racist to feel better about yourself I won't stop you though.

projection, not an arguement

>All else isn't equal.

and actually I'm a fucktard who misquoted the study

the point of the study was that it came threw even when other statistics weren't held even

a high IQ person from a low socioeconomic background was likely to do 'better' in life than a low IQ person of higher "entry status" if you will

>came threw
>threw

Yeah, obviously a high IQ person will be more successful in life. But there are other factors influencing IQ other than genetics, and black people in America have lower IQs on average and are in lower socioeconomic status because of historical things (segregation, slavery, etc).

xd u typed soemthing wrong

your a autist

>But there are other factors influencing IQ other than genetics

outside of exposure to chemical hazards and injury basically nothing changes one's IQ score over the course of their life they are considerably steady

> black people in America have lower IQs on average and are in lower socioeconomic status because of historical things (segregation, slavery, etc).

then explain why jews, asians and hispanics have higher median income and IQ than blacks despite their troubled pasts in america

and explain the difference between Caucasoid mongoloid and negroid peoples in the old world

especially considering how much older negroid civilizations are giving them more time to theoretically improve living conditions

Keep your racism out of /plg/ please.

I-I'm not racist. I'm trying to make panzer feel bad for being racist.

It's Friday night and I'm kind of drunk so here's your (you). Just like, don't be a dick to people. Life is too short to be an asshole and obsess over girls who are average and live in different countries.

silence my property

I bow to no individuals wills but my own

I shall act as I will as long as I be

twink alex hot btfo by panzer and now he resorts to this "bbbut atleast im not a loser like you"

Lmaoing at ur life

>I-I'm not racist. I'm trying to make panzer feel bad for being racist.
You're denying scientific studies because they don't conform to your preconcieved notions about the intelligence of a certain race. How is that not racist?

Heart feels wrird after tskjbg medicine: ((

its ok
ur gonna b ok
:)

I’m not sure how I feel about wilks anymore. On one hand it’s the best we have right now but I’m also kinda mad it favours the heavier lifters despite lifting less relative to their bodyweight. Am I the only one who thinks we need a new formula?

One journal article has been written on the topic of Wilks formula validation.[1] Based on the men's and women's world record holders and the top two performers for each event in the IPF's 1996 and 1997 World Championships (a total of 30 men and 27 women for each lift), it concluded:

There is no bias for men's or women's bench press and total.
There is a favorable bias toward intermediate weight class lifters in the women's squat with no bias for men's squat.
There is a linear unfavorable bias toward heavier men and women in the deadlift.

>kinda mad it favours the heavier lifters despite lifting less relative to their bodyweight
>relative to their bodyweight
sort of the whole point of wilks Tbh
bw multipliers are not a valid comparison

HOLY SHIT LMAO

WILKS IS A CONSTANT FORMULA

W H Y

SINCLAIR DEPENDS YEAR TO YEAR BASED UPON VARIOUS FACTORS

NICE "SPORT"

haha you are a retarded twink

Congrats you guys probably discouraged a first time /plg/ poster from posting again
I agree with him we should totally abandon wilks though.....nothing to do with the fact that I currently have a 300 wilks that makes me feel inferior I promise....maybe...yeah any excuse I can get desu

>le socioeconomic factors

you don't actually believe that garbage do you? stop rejecting reality because it hurts your feefees and offends your liberal sensibilities, brainlet

the IQ discrepancy between various races is well documented

>300 wilks
hahahahahaaaha

Just out of curiosity, why would bw multipliers not be a valid comparison?
(Newfag here, be nice)

>clearly has just looked something up about his own 'sport' he probably should have known and reacts like this
nice 'athlete'

seriously why does wilks have a constant forumula

what sinclair does is basically tell you what your total would be if you were in the heaviest weightclass but still as proficient as you are currently

its a way to normalize across weightclasses based upon individual proficiency dependent upon results of the heaviest weightclass versus this random number an australian man made

I've only done local and state meets

go away

What if it was user’s first month lifting and his 300 wilks came from a bench only total, huh?? Bet 300 wouldn’t seem so funny to you then would it? B nice

square cube law
ants can squat lmao1apple (like 100x+ bw)

mate you have to stop being a bitch
even panzer was giving results of a study
what was discouraging

its just a fact that the lighter you are you will lift more relative to your bw
a fatty lifting 3x bw is alot harder and impressive than an intermediate twink

thats my point Tbh ;)

>mfw to qualify for the american open series for USAW in the 77kg weightclass as an 85 year old+ individual all you have to do is lift the bar for both lifts

hey if he can reverse curl a bar over his head at 85 good for him, give him a medal
most of us will probably be dead at 85

>Joe will neverlearn to drive a car

feels bad man

who is this niggeR? rep me

make her cum bck

everyone thinks you're a shitty, beta version of me lol

bow down peasant

What is the best hamstring exercise to do if you have a lower back injury?

Will fruit sugar make me fat like white and brown sugar?

you should be focusing on fixing your lower back injury not hamstring excersises you fuckign dumb nigger

how to fix your lower back injury try reverse hypers, planks and ab rollouts

wow friday nights bring out the most retarded fucking niggers

I have a slipped disc that needs surgery which i am scheduled in 4 months

Virgin

not much point worrying about your hamstrings then

slipped discs dont require surgery do what i tell you do NOT trust any jew doctor

Projection

Calling someone a nigger is projection

What do I do then

ok you have my attention

is that a girl (boy) or a lesbian

>slipped disc
>injury
Unless your pain is so severe (youre constantly drugged up or else on the floor rolling in pain) or you have motor systems affected i.e shitting yourself.
I wouldn't do disc surgery if I was you the success rates are abysmal iirc in latest survey it was something like 1/3 chance make things worse 1/3 gets rid of pain and 1/3 does nothing.

Pretty much anyone not Asian or Jew should really end themselves for being mental gdes

I have been breeding them (and AmStaffs) for the last 16 years and they are more loving and caring and loyal than some of the women I dated in that time, heck, they were employed as nanny dogs in earlier times, literally watching kids unattended because they were so patient and trustworthy. Don't compare your Murrican YES MAKE IT BIGGER UNTIL EVEN ITS NOSE HAS VEINS LMAO puppy mill ghetto scum raised by idiots barely sapient enough not to shit on the carpet themselves, to muh dogfu ever again #notallpits

btw
>goochland
holy shit I chortled

cuckols 2xbinch but with ohp, push press and incline binch on the other day

projectsean

>the only working formula we have right now favors heavy lifters
>complain about the formula instead of eating more
The ABSOLUTE state of twinks ladies (>implying) and gentlemen.

>dey a good boy dindu nuffin wrong.

I genuinely despise you but this had me chuckling, well done.

Not everybody can become shw much less for a hobby. I looked like a fucking potato when I pushed bw to hit 145 binch @ 95 5"7 , I know a 5"6 17 year old kid who weighs 120+ and lifts 300/170/255

And he looked like absolute shit, like can't difference between him or a guy that's shart marter

here's your well-earned (You) :*

I'm not saying you should go 120kg+ as a manlet but most people irl I know who complain about their subpar wilks could stand 10 or 15kg more easily down the line (of quality lean mass with little fat, just going obese for the sake of wilks is not my point here), but they refuse to

>5-7 years ago
>zyzz, tinytrip, bb.com cancer didnt exist
>flamed juicers
>oly and pl threads ruled the day
>ff 3 years
>gays, traps, ottershit and twinks appear
>leave Veeky Forums for ages

havent even bother with Veeky Forums in years, checked the catalog and found this thread.
Keep your shit rolling thick bros.
Btw this is my original trip and it inspired tinytrips name, which is a legacy ill have to die with.
Lift heavy, drink protein, eat fastfood and run.
You are the last of a generation that meant something more than abs and pythons.

To be fair I have never heard people mention Wilks outside of stupid kid and plg even Olympian tier coach who competed in pl in past asked me about total with focus on squat. But I get what you mean.
Are you wearing hoop earrings?

I miss Livia Cavalcanti

>Are you wearing hoop earrings?
The funny part is someone asks this everytime i used to post it. Theyre those samsung earphones that wrap around your ear so they dont fall off while youre running. Still have a few pairs around, they took sweat pretty well and were about $15.

This pic is a bit homo but drives the point. lift fat weight, get fatass muscle.

how about
you take the total
and divide it by the lifter's weight
and that's it

fair enough, we just have a couple lads at our local pl club that make me want to develop a nohomo feeder fetish

I genuinely remember you, holy shit I feel old. thick, solid, tight etc.

You fucking look built man. You clearly have big guns as well.
What are your current lifts and bw/height?

because thats a bw multiplier thats already been talked about retard

not bad for someone with scoliosis that severe

Ah fair enough the stupid kid I mentioned was a 6"1 orangutan and he was competing in 66 iirc just so he can get some deadlift junior record.
Never lost so much respect for a man in so little time.
I can never understand people who want to be small. Maybe it's my 5"7 manletism playing a role

im 5'11 and in the pic you responded to i believe i was about 220-230lbs. Ive been trying to lose weight lately to shape up for my christmas family get-togethers but i dont lose weight as easily as i used to.
Time is creeping on me, muscle memory is fantastic but it doesnt help with my spare tires.

And what are your lifts at currently?

yeah friend of mine was similar (and didn't even break any record in the process lul), I love the guy as a person outside the gym but essentially developing anorexia for the sake of more easily driving up ratios is an atrocious borderline cheaty thing to do

t. 5'9 pushing 230, currently on first real cut of my 6 year lifting career KEK

sorry i forgot to answer the first part of your question. I dont deadlift heavy anymore since my back has taken too much abuse from football and construction work. Football killed my knees as well. The tendons in my arms are screwed up bad, and thats the only thing ill link to lifting, though not proven.
My bench "record" currently is 340lbs for two reps, which is sad considering highschool teams consistently push 400+. Im still proud.
I can still deadlift upper 300s on a good day. Not impressive but for what ive got left ill take it.

elaborate? this post concerned me.

>starving yourself for a junior record nobody will care about once you step off the platform, or at the very latest once you turn 18 in case it's a really good one
this boils my blood more than I'm willing to admit

just joking about how your standing like you have a fucked spine

freaked me out. Dont need some other disability. im a white male. Without work ill die. No gibsmedats allowed for this guy, and id be ashamed to accept it anyway.

what age are you anyway lad?

Pretty much, and it's stupid as fuck you literally have insane test levels as teen and instead of spending them on building mass you spend them cutting weight.
t.butthurt that started liftan at 24
Shit dude that's depressing, well at least you look yoked.

stop being me, started at 25, most of the guys I internally reeee about in this context are 16-21

>new phone slightly too big to comfortably fit gym shorts pocket
>socks just loose enough at the seam that they don't stay where they should on my shin during DL by half an inch
>knurling on only acceptable texas bar in gym is harsher on one side so that hand gets slightly more callouses
>one J hook on the bench is a bit loose and fucks ever so slightly with tightness on unrack
>reverse hyper wobbles a wee bit at exactly 2/3 of ROM, is stable before and after
I have a poltergeist that specializes in minor inconveniences

>be me
>be at a local meet
>59kg weight class
>be equipped cause I'm a pussy
>think I can get 520kg with a little pushing
>hurt myself on squat, fuck up my back pretty hard
>can't walk
>only get 120kg bench
>only able to 485 total
>win because the top seeded fucked up his deadlift and the guy I was gonna jostle for second with hurt himself too
>empty fucking victory, doesn't feel like I deserved it

powerlifting is pain
powerlifting is bullshit
powerlifting is life

How is John Haack so fucking strong??

>59kg eq
THE MENTAL GYMNASTICS TO GET OUT OF EATING MORE REEEEEEEEE

congrats tho dude, placed second in last meet because guy before me got pec tear mid-rep hueheuheh

hard work and steroids

dude he is in a league above everyone else

superhuman by genetics alone, roids and the dedication of a videogame raidboss do the rest

nice cope manlet, taller/heavier lifters have worse relative strength because the extra bone/organs don't contribute to strength. we should use percentiles of a weight class for judging strength

how do I cut organ weight, only thing I can think of is donating a kidney and that can't really make that much of a difference

WPC uses glossbrenner

hes not on roids he gets tested for that

Anyone know what happened to Alex from Barbell Brigade? He was the only one i enjoyed watching on that channel.

120 mile round trip to train today

Training partner taking last heavy squat of his prep, going close to 500kg reverse band in suit

remove your stomach/intestines and live off an iv drip of mass gainer and roids

>elite athletes are natty
keep telling yourself that kid