3 guys who dont know how to program team up with one guy who does but doesnt speak english

>3 guys who dont know how to program team up with one guy who does but doesnt speak english
why are youtube fitness personalities the absolute worst

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfFf6RYO1TE
dropbox.com/s/wh2r6h8ev7z3dkg/Brian Alsruhe's Linear Strength Program.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he doesn't squat/bench/squat in one session

These guys look like Doppelgangers of 3 dudes I know who would totally do this.

Look at those alpha wrists

Becusse they need money to feed their boring and lackluster lives.

>omar isuf still smalle

How much did they pay him?

Pretty sure him and silent mike do anal

wtf he looks like an average dude

Dont know these dudes, might be a bit off topic but what do you guys think about alan thrall / barbellmedicine stuff?

pretty cringey to be completely honest

Based

Why?

alan thrall: garbage
barbellmedicine: fine

if you are honestly asking why Alan Thrall is cringe, just please leave

thrall: cringe, repetitive, unimpressive lifter.
barbellmedicine: actual good information, actual good programming run by actually strong and smart guys

Is he cringe or is his advice, or both? Gotta wade through a lot of shit before becoming fit level smart, sorry.

he himself is cringe. the advice he gives is fine even though he's just a mouthpiece for starting strength

Thanks, ive asking here and there but got no replies yet. Do you think barbell medicines The Bridge is a decent program for intermediates?

That makes sense, the normie part of me likes him i guess.

Wait tf are these retards up to?

yeah but it's not even the best one they offer
the 12 week strength template on bbm is great, and it also allows for flexibility in the training. I got it for like 35 bucks on black friday

meanwhile the 12 week program from the fucktards in the OP is $77, and from the ones ive seen that got leaked or whatever, it looks like it's absolute shit put together by an ametuer bro scientist

What about Brian Alsruhe

idk, but if theyre so arrogant that they, a bunch of gym bros, think they can hang with a well respected intellectual in the strength science field who actually knows what hes doing when it comes to programming theyre even worse than I thought

Awesome, i just looked it up. Was planning on starting sunday but now i might grab a torrent and eventually buy after christmas. Got literally no dough for real thing right now.

What about him? He has no idea what he’s talking about

What about jonnie candito?

Sheiko will never create a dead fucking simple program for idiot kids who fell for the fat ass ss meme or the billion and one curl variations lie.

Silent Mike used to be all right, but he's a pleb now.

thrall is so fucking mediocre for how long he's been lifting
>"but he's a strongman!!!"
is he? then where's the strength?

annoying/not entertaining

yeah the dude made his only good gains in years after barbellmedicine starting doing his programming

Alan Thrall works with barbell medicine. His newest videos for learning the lifts are pretty good

Okay but what about his advice

He admitted recently that this is because he didn't really have a clue how to train and was trying to do too many different things at once (trying to train powerlifting and strongman at the same time, taking brief detours into weightlifting, wasting hours on pointless dynamic warmups, doing shitty programs with either too much or too little volume, etc.) He's not particularly smart or strong, but he's at least humble enough to admit when he was wrong.

i don't know because i don't watch his videos because he's annoying/ not entertaining

lowkey daddy goals, no homo

you shut your whoremouth

kys

he was indoctrinated into the starting strength/rip disciple/bb medicine echo chamber, of course anything he did before was wrong if it didn't fit their views to the comma

ss is definitely an echo chamber, but bbm is not. in fact the bbm guys actually call out ssoc for being an echo chamber. baraki and feigenbaum are much less dogmatic than rip and crew, so dont lump them in

not him, but I've only stomached through one alshrue video and in it he teaches the overhead press completely wrong

lol I love jewdan and the iraqi, but they repeatedly admitted that they still are part of it, they just try to cater to more people. not a critique in itself tho, I just tried to explain why thrall did a 360 and walked away from his old views

not him either but he has breddy gud strongman stuff and some great tips how to program for it while not completely disregarding traditional liftan, and a few of his injury (p)rehab vids are the shit dude. you need to have a iota of knowledge yourself what of his to judge and what not, but tbH I expect that from nobody ITT seeing some of the comments

How does he teach the OHP wrong? It's not even a competition movement outside of strongman(which he is and does) and there the only rules is get bar overhead. Leg drive, layback it's all good just get the weight up

Is this Sheiko dude legit ?
I can speak russian so I can watch his original vids, is his advice any good on compound lifts ?

quite LITERALLY the most knowledgeable guy in powerlifting currently alive, so arguably yes

Can I please get a summary on what Sheiko preaches?

>I just tried to explain why thrall did a 360 and walked away from his old views

Frankly put, did Alan actually have views he walked away from? Seemed like he just did what he felt like doing, with no long term planning or even understanding. He jumped into building your own commercial gym with little planning and proceeded to struggle to make ends meet for several years, he did 531 because that's what the bro consensus was at the time, he did weightlifting and strongman shit because he felt like it etc. Now that he's hooked up with the barbell merchants and has an actual foundation for the things he's pursuing he's doing better than ever before, both in terms of lifts and business.

I'm not judging him, everyone is completely free to do what they feel like doing. Years back, Alan's tutorial videos on squat and deadlift technique were among the best there was on youtube and I'm thankful for that.

People have such different ideas of what constitutes as an overhead press that it just sounds dumb to claim that Alsruhe's version is wrong with no further explanation.

For me, Alsruhe's cheat sheet for the OHP improved both my form and numbers significantly. I was stalling badly when using Rippetoe's Press 2.0, but once I ditched the hip thrust and started to reset my breath with bar on top I started making gains again. I'm now doing sets of 5 at 75kg, and progress is slow and steady.

oh I was not talking about content, more his approach, he deemed all of his previous vids lacking and outdated even though some were superb, like someone renounces their previous life when going into a cult

Youtube Max Aita training under Sheiko

His approach was what I meant, really. Alan probably hasn't been listening to anyone's advice for some years and just went by his gut feel, and has since made a somewhat radical change of course. Doesn't matter though really, I'll keep following his channel.

yeah I still follow too, love the guy

did you srs pay money for a fucking program?

Omar Isuf looks legit like a woman. It also doesn't help that he is an armlet and his chest looks like a cups.
based. strong and not cringy. is a dyel homosexual.
He's been weight training for a decade and has mediocre lifts. Either severe GDE for his frame or shit programming and tryhard refusal to do accessory programming and volume work.

p-pls share

Who the fuck is that chink?
Man I dont have much agaisnt omar but I do fucking despise silent mike.
Hes a parasite fuck that got his ass kicked from supertraining (another group of retards) and makes the worlds shitiest videos. Sincerely, try to sit thru any of his content. Hope he just fucking kills himself already.

Bart kwan

Bart Kwan is the chad bro you wish you had spotting you during your pr's.

how does anyone sit through their videos

He's natty af, how strong do you expect him to be?

Eh I think their program can work for average individual, I read their program, a lot of sub maximal work. I'm ok with, however I really don't know what kind of shit they will come up with Sheiko helping them, if he did at all. They are really good guys.
A lot hopefully, I wouldn't like to learn that they are just using his name to promote themselves
This has nothing to do with op asked but both are shit, one drinks the kool aid, the other helps producing it.
Very legit, probably more legit than anyone mentioned in this thread. He has the experience and knowledge.
He ain't Rip. Sheiko does correct, instead of claiming repetitively he does.

very strong but id rather not listen to people with below 20years of experience AND that are injured/got injured heavily

>Thinking you need to know 'how to program'
>Not realizing a bro split will get you more real strength gains and the only reason they lift less is because they don't have optimized meme form like low bar and sumo.

the grip is to wide. by widening the grip too far out from your shoulders, you create a moment arm that takes away from the amount of force produced against the bar. the most mechanically effecient way to press is with a closer grip with your hands almost in front of your shoulders and your arms and elbows a bit if front of you

I just started the bridge as someone who went from full skeleton to a 1.5/2.5/3.5/5 and it bothers me that only 4 days of the week have exercise on them and that there's so few accessories.

But I'm willing to admit I probably know less than they do so I'm giving it a try as my progression hit a brick wall.

I'm too inexperienced to program for myself so I'd rather have someone who I actually trust write the program. youre probably too inexperienced to make your own program as well

>there are actually people like this on Veeky Forums
wew

are you kidding? there are no accessories? you mean supplemental lifts?
rack pulls
paused deadlifts
rows
paused squat
pin squat
tempo squat
close grip bench
chinups/pullups

i don't think you understand what an accessory exercise is

Since it mentiones "template" it is mostlikely something tailored for his body and goals, which is how they get everyone to pay.

>being natty for this

Cool, im at .90/2/3/3 so pretty weak, but i figured i would add my own accessories and maybe another press day because why not. After doing 5/3/1 for a few months and brosplit for years before i think i can manage adding a day

Do you unironically think that is Omar? I mean, he's tiny as fuck but not that DYEL

Show me one great natural physique that this Mr. Seiko has developed. Don't show me some tub of lard. Does this guy even lift? He looks fat.

Who is actually good then? I have no money for personal training and it seems like 9/10 new things im told are trash according to fit

>thinks a guy who has coached literal record setting elite lifters matters what he or his students look like
why dont you go jerk off to zyzz while starving yourself some more

>elite lifters
I don't care how many autistic manlets he teaches how to squat

he coached the Russian team to win IPF worlds 7 times and of course some aesthetics faggot thinks that doesnt matter because they don't look like bodybuilders

Has this meme coach ever produced an actual athlete?

youtube.com/watch?v=bfFf6RYO1TE

you turds really don't think thrall's strong?

He's 5'7", 285 pounds with a disgusting body

>coached them

Surely the steroids helped too

>the absolute jealousy

I'd be curious to find out how many people on fit could even 20 rep 1 pl8. Maybe 1%?

Allan is a manlet?

trip on Sean

SS and anything related to is mostly bad, perhaps barbell medicine has some saving grace in the distant future, since my theory is that they are just using Rip's brand, they will either divorce from SS once they get big enough or change it, because they know it sucks.
Like I said I like their(Kizen training) approach to training despite the fact that I not personally fond of submaximal approach, man I don't have to like nor preach their philosophy to say that they are bad or not. I am not Alan Thrall or the jew duo.
You don't need personal training at any point of your training career. It helps, doesn't mean it is necessary. Kizen has like 3-4 free programs, go on their website and browse it correctly. I think there's some Sheiko programs on reddit too, dunno for sure.
I'll teach you how use Veeky Forums for you advantage: pick the most commonly discussed and defended opinions(namely SS) and do the diametrically opposite, if people hate on it more likely than not this means it is good. A lesson from this: Kizen, Sheiko,Brian Alsruhe are ok. Barbell Medicine, Candito not so much, I still checking BM, but I haven't seen anything I like from them; and I haven't seen much from Candito, his program works, but I don't see him being very active. SS, Alan Thrall are pretty garbage, I made the effort of reading a lot of articles and videos, it is pretty evident most of come up from SS sucks. Alan Thrall made a joke out of himself.
Yeah, no noticeable athletes from Mark.

ok cool, I'll check that out. Appreciate the advice.

>talking shit about bbm
>praises a roiding strongman who has no idea how to program

You’re full of shit buddy

Do you not considered 5'6" (in lifting heels) to be manlet status?

I always thought he was at least six feet tall, my bad.

I never talked shit about them fangirl, I just explained the echo chamber thing, that has nothing to do with content. and I did not praise him, I said he has some breddy gud stuff because user doubted that. work on your reading comprehension you raging aspie

Also Brian Alsruhe has 3 free programs on his channel. His philosophy is very good too. watch his videos to learn more.
dropbox.com/s/wh2r6h8ev7z3dkg/Brian Alsruhe's Linear Strength Program.pdf?dl=0
This is LP one.
He has a conjugate and a powerbuilding program.

I like Candito and Barbell Medicine. Candito's LP and 6 week bench program are some of my favorite programs that I've run. Barbell medicine Q&As are pretty insightful when they discuss injury rehab and diet.

Thrall is embarrassing as fuck. At 250lbs his bench max was stalled at 3pl8 for a while. Just a fat SS kool aid drinker.

Omar and Silent Mike come across as clickbaiting vloggers more than powerlifting coaches. I can't take them seriously. And for fuck's sake don't pay $50+ for their mediocre routines when you can free programs from Greg Nuckols and Candito

What do you think about Nuckol's 28 free programs and his other stuff?

>.90

Pretty good, read some reviews on r/weightroom. Greg has his own style of programming different to anyone I mentioned.

Some of his programs are VERY good. Some are okay/contingent on the individual.
In general, its worth having his programs available. They can easily fit into other programs with poor programming for squat, bench, or deadlift

I'm sorry I failed you