QTDDTOT: Berserk edition

Last thread reached bump limit

Is 3 days a week at the gym enough for maximum STRENGHT gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0tjJMXIrQll
spreadshirt.com/liftwaffe-A59ad3372aa0c6d13a66c4d11
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Help me construct a routine please.

I'm switching off a PPL routine into a more strenght/cardio/bodyweight based one.
Is pic related good? On rest days I'd do boxing 3 times a week and the 1 day where there'd be neither lifting or boxing I'd go run in the morning and swim in the evening. Possibly run more times a week, as much as I could.

A; boxing; B; boxing; C; boxing; swimming+running
Good idea?

Final exams have gotten my schedule all fucked up and the hours at my unis gym are fucked too. I'm not going to be able to get to the gym tomorrow and am already behind on my workouts. Basically, I have two workouts to do and one day to do them. Would it be okay to do them both today, one after the other?

What do you guys do while you lift? I got tired of listening to the same old songs and would like to add a little variety.
What do you think about working out in silence vs music vs TV?

I listen to podcasts when I run and talk to myself in my head when I lift.

its okay if you are rested(1-2h at least or however you feel). otherwise it's still okay but you'll have a weaker performance in the second workout. This means that you are going to put a lot of effort in and get less results than usually, but you will still get more results than if you did not work out.

what podcasts for example?

racist stuff

There's a good one on the fall of the Roman empire that used to get featured on DEADSPIN

that's too hardcore for me. I'll put on some triggered females and see how it feels.
>tfw home gym

I watched something similar recently. If you know something good about Egyptian mythology or mythology in general I am all years.

Best uncaffeinated tea? Only now realising that the kind I've been drinking is linked to lowering testosterone.

How does one achieve Guts mode

Get raped when you're a kid.

What can I do to eliminate man boobs?

lose fat

What else to help them down?

lose more fat

No seriously is there like a lift or stretch that would help tighten the area as I lose weight

I know I have to lose weight

Yes. Just get enough rest and eat right for recovery. Stick a program YOU like

dumbell press is pretty damn good for building pec muscles, and since it sounds like you're a noobie you can build that muscle while losing that fat. If you're looking to look less fat, you should invest in a pull-up bar though

Thanks

QTDDTOT was a term used before shit posting?

ive been sick for a couple of days. Should I wait until Im completely healthy to go to the gym or is it ok if i have a sore throat and no other symptoms?

Anyone do two-a-day?

(working out twice a day)

Do canditto linear strength /explosive 3day

I ate a 440 gr package of chicken wings. The meat itself weighed 300. Nutritional info says there's 119 calories per 100 gr. Should I multiply 119*4.4 or 3?

Any of you guys do only dips?

LPing with 5x5 right now and was wondering if weighted dips adding 2.5lbs each session would be fine? I was alternating with OHP but I think I want to do just dips

I havent worked out in 3 years and lost almost everything. I've forgotten also pretty much everything aswell. I need good starting routines, mainly looking for one that was called something like 5 by 5 or some shit. Also, if you can point me to the right direction (youtube, websites) on great diets for working out, thatll be great aswell.

Best ab exercises that won't hurt my back?

I have very mobile joints so maybe that's why, but leg raises/hanging exercises are very uncomfortable in the bad way. I have resorted to doing weighted sit ups, twists and side bends, but I need to add some variety.

Posted in the other thread but I got like one response

What advanced routines would you guys recommend for someone who has been lifting over a year? I've been looking at PHAT

Dips only without OHP or bench? Sounds retarded. Why would you do this?

What do you guys think of hack squat machines like this, with the little seat and lower back portion?

Where should I place my feet? High up on the foot rest or lower? I find I can do significantly more weight the higher I place my feet, not sure if that's a good thing or not

Is it bad to cheat day while on a cut?

form check me pls

injured myself a while ago when trying for 3pl8 DL, went into some physical therapy and want to start deadlifting again. cause all other lower back exercises suck.

Why does that sound retarded?

higher hips
pause the video at 2s, the position of your hips when the bar is about to break the floor is where you should setup

Your hips are locking forward before your shoulders stop..... that is not optimum.
You want all three components (knees, hips, shoulders) to stop at the same time.
What you are doing atm is pushing first, then pulling second. (legs / back+shoulders).
You need to synchronize them. Try not looking at a mirror, and not looking down at the bar when your first grab it. Keep your head straight at a gym sign, or something.

>pay me

Pressing in only one plane is not going to develop your chest and shoulders the way you want. No bodybuilder does this. No strength athlete does this.

So I could alternate dips/bench?

I haven't found a strenght/explosive version
Mind posting a link?

5x5 stronglifts
athlean x
scotthermanfitness
also scott herman regarding diet

Did 140kg x10 diddles today, how long before i reach 4pl8?
anyone else unironically listen to this when lifting?
vocaroo.com/i/s0tjJMXIrQll
Currently my favourite lifting mix, theres something about listening to cute girls talk about how they want some gigachad to fuck their tight pussies that really motivates me

Guys everyone keeps saying this routine is bad but what's really wrong with it?

got it
>What you are doing atm is pushing first, then pulling second
>Keep your head straight at a gym sign
noted and will try next time
>pay me
here

Measure what's left on your plate when you're done.

Ok here goes nothing:
Are Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts and Hip Thrusts all I need for my lower body? If so, Sets and Reps for volume and strenght?
Please help this little mexican guy who just found out at 29 that woking out feels amazing.

>Numbers are pathetic for 2 years training
>2/1.5/0.5/0.20
>Skinnyfat and weak
>Eat more, user!
>Get fat and weak

What's wrong with me? Shit genetics? Low test? How can people put up 4/3/2/1 within a year and I'm stuck with the gains leftovers

>Be a complete beginner to lifting
>Read starting strength
>Mark himself says that the goal of the program is to get strong for sports in a hurry
>I want hypertrophy

So, I've been recommended GSLP with an arms option, but I still am worried that I'm not getting enough volume.

Why does no one recommend Ivysaur's for beginners? Is it a bad idea?

I once saw a "liftwaffe" shirt here but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me? It's a gift for a girl descendent of germans that likes the german military stuff from WW2 and lifts. It seems perfect for her.

i get dizzy doing neck curls, but not during neck extensions
am i destined to be a necklet?

>4pl8 ohp
klokov?

wait are you telling me that you've been lifting for two (2) years and OHP 12kg, bench 30kg, squat 80kg, and deadlift 100kg?

Why do my parents hate me?

spreadshirt.com/liftwaffe-A59ad3372aa0c6d13a66c4d11
This what you're looking for?

Regular deadlifts feel awkward as fuck and I can romanian deadlift more than I can conventional
My regular pull is also weak as fuck
How do I fix this?

Can you guys recomend me some good neck exercises that won't make me dizzy/turn me into a veggie?
I want to incorporate some more shoulder and traps exercises into my workout, but I fear going full volcano mode

That's the one. Thanks user, she's gonna love it.
All of the internets to you. I hope you make it this year.

Sounds like Dr patrick wyman's one right? I only know him from an mma related podcast that he also does, but every episode of that he plugs his other history podcast, and I remember he said he did a series on the Roman empire's downward spiral.

Is this a good or bad PPL routine?

Push Day 1

Flat Barbell Bench Press – Warm up and 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Close-Grip Bench Press – 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Standing Military Press – Warm up and 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Dumbbell Lateral Raise – 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Cable Crunch – 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Push Day 2

Incline Barbell Bench Press – Warm up and 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Seated Military Press – Warmup and 2 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Dumbbell Lateral Raise – 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise – 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Pull Day 1

Barbell Deadlift – Warm up and 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Barbell Row – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Wide-Grip Pullup or Chin-Up – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

One-Arm Dumbbell Row – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Pull Day 2

Barbell Row – Warmup and 4 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Chin-Up – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

One-Arm Dumbbell Row – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Barbell Biceps Curl – 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Legs Day

Barbell Back Squat – Warmup and 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Barbell Front Squat – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Bulgarian Split Squat – 3 sets of 4 to 6 reps

Standing Calf Raise – 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps

That about sums it up. I'm pathetic. Nothing grows. I follow the program strictly, work out consistently and lift like an untrained fat guy who just wandered in to the gym for the first time. Must be low test or genetic, I just don't understand how I can progress so slowly.

I have the sneaking suspicion I'm putting more weight on my right (dominant) side during basically every fucking lift.
How can 1) confirm I am in fact doing this and then 2) stop?

1 week into IF + keto. Going pretty strong. Cardio and weightlifting alternate days.

Question is: When Casca gets her mind back will she be the same and will she hate guts?

how to determine 5RM from 3x5?

For example if I squatted 195lbs. for 3 sets of 5 what would my estimated 5RM be?

symmetricstrength will give you a very generalized estimate

Hey Veeky Forums I'm a dyel lanklet who just started trying to not be such a pathetic piece of shit. Got some super helpful jacked trainer guy to help me figure out wtf to do/eat since I've never even looked at a weight in my life, took starting measurements and did first workout today.

In that short timespan I found out I'm at 22% bodyfat and have childbearing hips (1" wider than my nonexistent chest).
I also got super lightheaded during the workout and almost threw up. Now I'm sitting here and feel like I'm dying.

Should I just KMS? I'm clearly too pathetic to even do exercise correctly and even if I somehow manage to get in shape I'll look like that one meme photo you guys always post with the huge hips.

If I’m between 13-15% bodyfat (can’t see my abs tho) and I’ve been gaining from severely underweight to DYEL but not auschwitz-mode should I continue my bulk or cut down.

How to reincorporate carbs in my diet after eating less than 20 grams of carbs for 2 months?

Post a pic

When will they learn?

shut the fuck up you whiny cunt and try to improve and become the best version of yourself or I will find you and piss on everything you love

I started deadlifting(using hex bar) 2 weeks ago
How should I progress on the weekely basis? How much should I add?

Also: pic related is a freat movie, you should watch it.

how long you've been lifting?

5 years. Nah less than 6 months. I’m 145# up from 110#

If I were you I would do a minicut

The thing i hate about bulking is it makes you look like you've only been working out for a month if you're new. I've been doing just about the same amount of time as you and all my muscles r kinda hidden because of this bulk. Worth it all the way tho. How tall r u btw?

I made the same mistake. Started underweight, gained weight too fast and ended gaining too much fat.

awww

What does Veeky Forums eat for snacks??
>inb4 semen

also, what is your usual grocery list?

So would you say I have too much fat then? I’m pretty sure I have body dysmorphia and can’t objectively judge how I look.

Check

>cut or bulk
have you tried lifting

surgery

If you aren't bulking right now then yes you are too fat

haven't orbited you in a while, how's life? any noteworthy comps in the foreseeable future?

even a blind man can judge how you look: small. start lifting noteworthy weight, get your protons, report back in half a year from now

Do it and you will find out

100kg squat
60kg bench
40kg press
130kg dead

5'8,74kg

These are my 1RM after doing GZCLP. I want to do a new program with more volume for putting on size and strength. been lifting for 6 months so far. any recommendation?

Halp

Taking 2-3 years off from competition to pack on at least another 10~15 lbs of lean mass, gonna aim for women's physique instead of figure. Competition is fun but I can't afford to do it every year because taking 6 months off from bulking to prep for a show becomes challenging for me to gain mass. Life's okay, just working everyday. Hope you're having a good holiday season

Hey, how do I get rid of loose skin after excessively losing the weight?

Simply put, I once lost a lot of weight, and now I have saggy ass skin all over my body. I was 240 lbs before and now I'm 168. I look like a fucking post-pregnant woman.

makes perfect sense, always thought you could stand a dozen lbs more, bring pics when finished pls. yes I do, eating my face off and waking up leaner every day, god bless trenbologna :') and likewise!

There's not much you can do other than surgery. You'll get used to it.

---
Anyone here also have extremely shitty circulation? My hands are always cold and discolored during the wintertime.
High rep forearm work at night has possibly been helping a little bit, but I'm considering supplementing citrulline and glutathione.

A large part of fitness is understanding recovery, and Dorian Yates has a really good analogy for it. If you scrape your skin and let it heal, it becomes a scab, then a callous. If you use it before it becomes a hardened callous, you just tear open the scab. Recovery is key and this routine does not take into account how the prior day tends to conflict with the next. Advanced trainees or gear using / teenagers who can eat a huge surplus and sleep 11hrs. a day can get away with this often. If you are asking such a silly question, you cannot. If you look at a typical brosplit, the days try their best to not conflict. If you do chest day 1, you don't do arms/shoulders day 2 (since if you train chest correctly, you're working your arms and shoulders immensely)

Your posted routine is very silly, offers no progression scheme, and leaves little to no time for recovery and neglects many muscle groups. Pls do not do it.

you aren't below 15% bodyfat.
you're just small and hovering around 18-20%

If you're new (you are) try to add about 10lbs a week. As a supplement, read/listen as much as you can about strength and conditioning from reputable sources. Look at stan efferding, charles poliquin, greg nuckols etc etc

The reason I guessed 15% is because that’s pretty much what three different methods have all said. The US Army/Navy tape test says I’m 10% (I know I’m not that low.) a different tape test that used more measurements says 15%. And and electric bioimpedance scale says 13.5%.

all of those (btw >rape) have a margin of error of 5-10% kek

for fucks sake I can see your lower back fat from the front

not even hating but stop being delusional

Navy tape tests are often skewed for more trained people, as that is their average. Their algorithms are devised by doing real tests on people, and working backwords from there to find the best way to do averages. Skinny people who are very fat with little muscle mass will have the same measurements as people with more muscle mass and little fat. Navy test is not as accurate as you think. t.math & econ BS grad who did a research project on military fitness.

Scale tests are notoriously not accurate as well. At 13.5% 99/100 people (men) are seeing four defined abs even if they're not very trained.
Bodyfat measurements are a useful measure of progress if you take accurate measurements (dexa scan, water pod etc) and do it for time. So compare 6 months at a time. You are at a point where you just need to actually lift.